Quantcast Disney After Hours - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Does Mickey Mouse hold your hand while walking around the park?

Probably can't with it stuck in your pocket the whole time, but maybe!
    If mickey holds my hand and goes on the rides with me I will pay for the extra hours! Otherwise I will pass.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone see there is now an "early access" ticket to Fantasyland? You pay almost $70 for access to only three rides - 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, Winnie the Pooh, and Peter Pan - and a continental breakfast. This on top of already having to have a park ticket to even buy this early access. *INSERT EYE ROLL HERE* I feel like if you fall for this one, you deserve to be out $70!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Did anyone see there is now an "early access" ticket to Fantasyland? You pay almost $70 for access to only three rides - 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, Winnie the Pooh, and Peter Pan - and a continental breakfast. This on top of already having to have a park ticket to even buy this early access. *INSERT EYE ROLL HERE* I feel like if you fall for this one, you deserve to be out $70!
    This one actually makes me giggle. Like people are falling all over each other to get to Winnie the Pooh in the mornings. Why not just be less subtle...."Pay $69 to ride 7 Dwarfs Mine Train." That's really what it comes down to.

I wonder what letter that ticket would be. I assume "F" - something.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

5. Likes Mendelson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Arriving soon, the 8th dwarf, Greedy.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

Admin costs will eat that $75000 pretty quick. Between CMs to run the rides, maintenance people, security, parking attendants, etc. Can't imagine 500 is a good number. They won't do this to break even, they are looking to make a killing! 500 people in the park won't do that.
    Maybe they aren't doing it to turn a true profit but to help reduce costs. Now that line of thinking only works if you assume MK would be open those nights for EMH anyways. Meaning they would already be paying for administration costs but with now extra income.

But, I agree that there is no way this is limited to only 500. If it were you would be looking at prices like $300-4000.

Post Thanks / Like

No thanks! Too much money. Perhaps if it was $30-$50 but over $100 not a chance.
    Not for this group of Canadians. Looking at flights for $1,000 right now when converted to our dollars its $1,400.00 Sighhhhhhh
    Caribbean beach...were jammin'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLovesDisney View Post
    No thanks! Too much money. Perhaps if it was $30-$50 but over $100 not a chance.
    Not for this group of Canadians. Looking at flights for $1,000 right now when converted to our dollars its $1,400.00 Sighhhhhhh
    Yikes. It's too high from the Midwest too. And they want you to leave early morning going home.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

And I thought the Halloween and Christmas party prices had gotten out of hand.
    If people are willing to pay $150 for three extra hours with much less amenities than the parties offer,
    then look for Disney to be raising the prices for the parties next.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    And I thought the Halloween and Christmas party prices had gotten out of hand.
    If people are willing to pay $150 for three extra hours with much less amenities than the parties offer,
    then look for Disney to be raising the prices for the parties next.
    Yep, we've only seen dates, not prices. With everything else going on, I suspect this will be closer to the new price of those events vs last year's prices. Popularity of these events will drive pricing on those tickets.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, we've only seen dates, not prices. With everything else going on, I suspect this will be closer to the new price of those events vs last year's prices. Popularity of these events will drive pricing on those tickets.
    Well then, if that's the case, we definitely will not be attending anymore parties. They are so overcrowded as it is now!! They won't lower the number of available tickets if they jack up the price, and I'm not paying that much to get packed in like sardines to watch parades and fireworks, or wait an hour for a character.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

The jury is still out to see if Disney does this right...right? Between Disney After Hours and Early Morning Magic maybe it's not such a bad thing if it perhaps eased some of the regular traffic or gave you an opportunity to enjoy the park at a less hectic pace. If I was down for seven days then I could see going with a six day park hopper while picking up one of these other offers. The price points are a little high, but again hopefully the quality is good. But it would be great to do one of these and get some more mid-day R&R at the resort.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    The jury is still out to see if Disney does this right...right?
    No, It's officially a done deal now.
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Remember when this was called E Ticket nights and it cost $12?

Again, though, this appears to be marketed towards OFFSITE guests. It could be worth it if they REALLY limit ticket sales for each night to something around 5,000.
    I do remember the E ticket nights, and they were awesome! I don't remember the exact cost but I know it was well worth it. But I do remember thinking how reasonable the price was, and did not seem like a blatant money grab. For the price the park was EMPTY! It was enjoyable to just walk around the park with all of the lights on and enjoy the ambiance, without feeling packed in like a sardine. But this just seems like Disney catering to their most important "guests", the ones with the most money. instead of doing something to mitigate overcrowding so everyone has a more enjoyable time, they can just open the parks up later for the ones who can afford it. And the rest of us poor suckers can just deal with it and be glad they let us in in the first place. Kinda like the 3rd class passengers on the titantic.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't really blame Disney for charging the higher prices for these special admission events, if that's what guests are willing to pay (other ones, not me). But I do wish they would limit the admissions for these high price limited duration events. We quit going to the Halloween party because it got too crowded to justify the price.
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    Well then, if that's the case, we definitely will not be attending anymore parties. They are so overcrowded as it is now!! They won't lower the number of available tickets if they jack up the price, and I'm not paying that much to get packed in like sardines to watch parades and fireworks, or wait an hour for a character.
    Yeah - we decided our last party was November of 2014. It was insanely busy and we didn't have any of the fun that we used to have because of it. We're out. It used to be a good deal and so much fun!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gratuspater View Post
    I do remember the E ticket nights, and they were awesome! I don't remember the exact cost but I know it was well worth it. But I do remember thinking how reasonable the price was, and did not seem like a blatant money grab. For the price the park was EMPTY! It was enjoyable to just walk around the park with all of the lights on and enjoy the ambiance, without feeling packed in like a sardine. But this just seems like Disney catering to their most important "guests", the ones with the most money. instead of doing something to mitigate overcrowding so everyone has a more enjoyable time, they can just open the parks up later for the ones who can afford it. And the rest of us poor suckers can just deal with it and be glad they let us in in the first place. Kinda like the 3rd class passengers on the titantic.
    Totally agree! E-ride nights was AMAZING!! It was only like $15 or something and we rode everything and the park was ROOMY. It was so nice. You could relax and THINK and take in your surroundings.
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    For some people... this $150 price tag is NOT what they might call "expensive". They have the disposable income to handle these kinds of things without thinking much about it. This is targeted niche marketing....as are the other experiences that are mentioned in the quote above.

We've saved up the pennies for a long time and done a couple of the "experiences", and they were well worth the price. Not something we can afford to do regularly... nor are some of them affordable for us EVER (like swimming with dolphins, the old race car stuff, etc.).

Some people will gladly buy these offerings. For Disney, it's an additional revenue stream. Those who don't buy are not really impacted... because they can still go to the parks as they usually do.

I doubt that they will simply do away with Extra Magic Hours..... it is a benefit of staying on property and helps with the marketing of that offering. They might try to mesh the two groups together though. Stay on property and get EMH included ........ or pay an additional $150 a day to get the same thing if you stay off property. The single days might be a test marketing things to see if the flag waves when they raise it.

best,

................john
    Yes to this! Just depends on each family and their budgets. For us, we would never be able to do something like that and honestly I wouldn't do it anyway. I personally think it's a bit wasteful.
    $150 for us is our weekly grocery budget.

I think more and more wealthy people must be going to WDW and we lower middle class are being squeezed out sadly.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    I think more and more wealthy people must be going to WDW and we lower middle class are being squeezed out sadly.
    That fits the overall description of what is happening economically in America in general. Sad but likely true. Although it was never likely affordable to just about everyone, places like Disneyworld used to be affordable to a wider swath of the general public.

best,

...............john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

21. Likes Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    That fits the overall description of what is happening economically in America in general. Sad but likely true. Although it was never likely affordable to just about everyone, places like Disneyworld used to be affordable to a wider swath of the general public.

best,

...............john
    True...and corporate practices like Disney's aren't helping... But that's a discussion for another board, I'm afraid.

Post Thanks / Like

With 18 dates in October, and the current state of the other parks, you would be hard pressed to get value out of any kind of ticket that month.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: