Quantcast Family First DisneyLand Trip!!!!! EKKKKK!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Family First DisneyLand Trip!!!!! EKKKKK!!!

So we have been to WDW several times as a family...and LOVE it (OF COURSE!) but this will be our first trip as a family to DL! I have 3 Toddler boys so we are stoked for Cars Land! I have a couple questions:

1) Disneyland still does paper (no pre-booking) FastPasses...correct?

2) Does California Adventure Park have FastPasses?

3) Would like to book one sit down dinner ...with a 4, 3, & 1 yr old boys what would be the best choice???

4) Are there many character spots at DisneyLand for photos?

Thanks!!!!!
    Raising a Disney Family the best way I know how...takin' them ALL the time! :-)
    Fav Ride = Soarin'
    Fav Park = ...uh all of them?
    Fav Character = Minnie Mouse
    ~ One shoe can change your life ~ Cinderella

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLee View Post
    So we have been to WDW several times as a family...and LOVE it (OF COURSE!) but this will be our first trip as a family to DL! I have 3 Toddler boys so we are stoked for Cars Land! I have a couple questions:

1) Disneyland still does paper (no pre-booking) FastPasses...correct?

2) Does California Adventure Park have FastPasses?

3) Would like to book one sit down dinner ...with a 4, 3, & 1 yr old boys what would be the best choice???

4) Are there many character spots at DisneyLand for photos?

Thanks!!!!!
    I can answer a few of your questions, but not all of them (regarding characters).

Disneyland still does the paper fastpasses. California Adventure also has fastpasses and the two parks are not connected, so you can have overlapping fastpasses at both parks at the same time. (Get a park hopper, these two parks are only about 300 yards apart and are very easy to hop between.)

The counter service restaurants are really very good at DL/DCA. The only one that I've ever been disappointed with is the Chinese place on Paradise Pier in DCA. As for a sit down meal I have not eaten there before but have heard that Goofy's Kitchen at the DL Hotel is very good - and would probalby be a good fit for your three boys. I would think Blue Bayou and Carthay Circle restaurants may be too 'grown up' for that age.

I can't tell you much about the character spots, though. I do know that sometimes they just wander around the parks. I remember a few years ago I was waiting in line the Boudine Bakery at DCA and noticed that Mulan was just walking back and forth down a walkway nearby. It was several minutes before anyone noticed her and a little girl came up to her to get her autograph. I thought that that was really special.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to planning a Disneyland trip!

Since some of your questions have been answered above, I would ask, are your kids into characters? If so, I think the Goofy's Kitchen or Plaza Inn Character breakfast would be great options. These are consistently ranked as the two character meals on property with the highest guest satisfaction.

If you have Princess lovers, Ariel's Grotto is also a great character meal, but it's VERY girly-centric.

As for character meets at the parks, they are EVERYWHERE. Seriously. At Disneyland, guests are far more laid back in general, so you will see random characters just standing in their "lands" with a small line of maybe 10 people or so. Keep your eyes peeled because you can see characters at any time. They even ride the rides!

As for "fixed" character meet spots, there are a few. Town Square is home to the Fab Five throughout the day, along with other random characters. Pixie Hollow at Disneyland has the fairies. At DCA, Oswald is usually greeting at the entrance and Mickey/Minnie/Pluto/Donald/Daisy can often be found up near the Walt & Mickey statue near Carthay Circle. Olaf is usually greeting near the Frozen Sing A Long and the Bugs can be found in Bug's Land regularly. Carsland has Lightning McQueen, Mater, and Red.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    (Get a park hopper, these two parks are only about 300 yards apart and are very easy to hop between.)
    Actually, the parks are LESS than 100 yards apart!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, get the hopper! The parks are so close it literally felt like walking over to my neighbors house!

We don't always get hoppers in WDW since traveling from park to park can become a bit time consuming. However, now that I have been to DL I wouldn't go there (DL) without hoppers.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I think parks are just 90 yards apart!

Post Thanks / Like

I love how free range the characters are at Disneyland!!!! The interactions are so much more rich and genuine. You're going to love it!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Yes - the fast passes are still paper!! We were SO happy to see them when we went in November - it was like seeing an old friend, lol. DCA has them too (as has already been answered).

Goofy's Kitchen for the kids.

Definitely hoppers at Disneyland!! It's REALLY easy and fast to go back and forth - 10 minutes maybe?
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: