Quantcast Marathon weekend, kids' races

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marathon weekend, kids' races

I was listening to the marathon recap podcast and thought I should finish my trip report. To see how this trip came about, you can refer to my initial marathon weekend post titled, pretrip and arrival day.

We woke up this morning and made homemade oatmeal in our villa. I had packed a suitcase with a bunch of groceries. After breakfast, our family headed to the expo to pick up our bibs and for the children to run the kids' races. My mother-in-law planned to meet us in time for the races. With the soggy weather, my grandmother in law decided to hang back at the room.

Luckily, there was a break in the rain, and we made it to the expo dry. Unfortunately, I don't believe the 10K runners had such good fortune. We enjoyed looking around the expo and picked up our bibs without any trouble. About 45 minutes before the kids' races were to begin, the skies let loose, and it continued raining throughout the races. This definitely put a damper on the experience, but our children still had a great time. With children in different races, the very muddy grounds also made it very hard for spectating. They had changed the location from prior years. Instead of running around the track, they had them running in the grass. When I asked about this, I was told it wasn't weather related but instead to accommodate more children and accompanying parents. I must admit that I prefer the prior set up.

After the races, we eventually made it back to the resort, albeit soaked. However, we quickly warmed up, and I was super glad to have a washer and dryer right in the villa. After sandwiches and fruit in our room, we spent most of the afternoon just visiting. I did sneak out to Animal Kingdom to just soak in the atmosphere and grab a chai from Starbucks. It was a super quick trip from Animal Kingdom Lodge to the park and just what I needed. While I was on this adventure, my children took advantage of the special pin trading opportunity in the lobby. I did find it a little challenging this afternoon to not all go into the parks and would continue to experience this feeling throughout the trip.

I made macaroni and cheese for dinner, and we got ready for the half marathon in the morning. It was an early evening to bed after a rather relaxing day.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad everyone had fun at the races despite the weather! That washer and dryer does come in handy!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: