Quantcast Fanny Packs Safe to Wear Again? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I was just at the parks last week. I saw many folks wearing fanny packs but only one pair of Jorts!
    Jorts. They get no respect. I have two pairs in my closet, just waiting to come back in style again.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

2. Likes WDanW liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    Yes, you can wear a fanny pack if you want to. And don't forget your jorts!
    Quote Originally Posted by missymouseworld View Post
    ....and the sandals with black knee socks....
    Here I thought I was going to be in style again in my sandals with black knee-highs, black denim shorts and black "wife beater" undershirt with a large, economy sized black fanny pack!! LOL (Yes, I am rather fond of the color black for clothing!)

In all seriousness, though, Wear whatever you feel comfortable with. I will wear shorts of any kind, denim or otherwise (preferrably otherwise as denim gets too hot), with a button down shirt and walking shoes with quarter socks. I do not even take a wallet into the parks anymore. A business card / credit card holder for ID / PhotoPass card (if necessary) and a little cash, just in case. AND my phone, for camera purposes. My MagicBand takes care of everything else.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

5. Likes WDanW, missymouseworld liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes my kids have always teased me, but I never quit wearing my fanny pack, it is entirely too convenient!

Post Thanks / Like

Who cares what people think! March to the beat of your own drum

My motto: As long as it's family friendly.
    One lady, kid you not, low riders, red thong, purple hat. Listen, I am Pooh sized so I can say this, she was also Pooh sized. NOT okay, ever, even outside of WDW!

When my kiddos are with me, I admit I have a sherpa
    My oldest is special needs with medical issues so I have to carry around "gear" that helps him [ASD] and first aid kit for his medical stuff.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I could not conceivably care less if anyone hates cargo pants; I love them and will keep wearing them 'til the day I die. If you like fanny packs, wear 'em!
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

My kids teased me when I tried to wear mine several years ago, and now they are fine with it. I think marketing is trying to make them sound cooler by calling them hip bags or waist bags now. I will always refer to it as my fanny pack though. lol
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

I found an RFID blocking wallet with a long strap that I use at the parks. I found it at Target in the Travel aisle.
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

Post Thanks / Like

Default If you are at Disney for fashion, you are worrying about the wrong things

So here you are in arguably the most magical/fun place on earth. Where people proudly sport felt caps with plastic mouse ears stapled to them, or giant green top hats with dog ears hanging from them. You can get face painted as any number of characters or animals. Where you don't know if the outfit you just saw was some twisted version of local/traditional dress back where that person came from, or if it was "im wearing this because its Florida, I am on vacation, and its hot". You are trying to decide whether the mickey head ice cream or the giant turkey leg would fit the hungry you have. All around you people have accessorized with things sparkly, glow in the dark, light up (or all 3). T-shirts range from Disney to "huh?!".

No one is going to put you into the stocks in frontier land for fashion gaffes. Nobody will notice, they are all too busy having fun.

Post Thanks / Like

But I don't wear it on my fanny. It would get crushed when I sat down in the Clam-mobile.

13. Thanks BrerGnat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a buddy pouch for my up coming Disney vacation. Www.therunningbuddy.com
    Just need something small to keep a few bucks in and my atm card. Reviews are great. Hopefully it will be worth it as I am not a fannypack kind of girl.
    Off Site 1988 (Senior Trip)
    Off Site Site 2002 (First Family Trip)
    Disney Wonder 2004
    Port Orleans Riverside Nov. 2006
    French Quarter Aug. 2011
    Caribbean Beach Resort April 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drachengeist View Post
    So here you are in arguably the most magical/fun place on earth. Where people proudly sport felt caps with plastic mouse ears stapled to them, or giant green top hats with dog ears hanging from them. You can get face painted as any number of characters or animals. Where you don't know if the outfit you just saw was some twisted version of local/traditional dress back where that person came from, or if it was "im wearing this because its Florida, I am on vacation, and its hot". You are trying to decide whether the mickey head ice cream or the giant turkey leg would fit the hungry you have. All around you people have accessorized with things sparkly, glow in the dark, light up (or all 3). T-shirts range from Disney to "huh?!".

No one is going to put you into the stocks in frontier land for fashion gaffes. Nobody will notice, they are all too busy having fun.
    LOVE IT!! You are exactly correct!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: