Quantcast disappointed with new FP so far - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper View Post
    This very well be the case, but I would be interested in the actual numbers. Maybe someone knows where to find them. I have seen that MK attendance was about 19 million in 2014. I am guessing that counts each day someone goes, so if I go 2 or 3 days during my vacation, I am contributing 2 or 3 times to that total. I would like to see how many different people went to DW. I would then like to see the breakdown of how many are repeat and how many new. I mean, in terms of Americans, there are 319 million. To simplify things, It would be cool to take how many Americans vacationed there and relate it to the total population to see if they really could survive on new American visitors. Regardless, I do agree that Disney does not seem as concerned about repeat visitors anymore.
    Unfortunately those numbers will never be released to the public... I wish they were... I wish Disney and Universal released exact attendance numbers... But they don't.. All we have to go on is the guess work (and that is all it is) TEA does... But I will say this about their numbers, most people in the industry say TEA's guess work isn't too far off, expect for DHS which they have estimated too high attendance... Some people think IOA has already passed DHS in attendance, and in fact DisneySea is really the most visited theme park in the world, not MK..

And when I talk about repeat visitors, I don't mean a person who goes to MK twice during a one week vacation.... I'm talking about people who go two or three times a year, once every year, twice every year... Like some DVC members do... Disney looks at those people as a loss... Why? Cause management feels these people aren't buying merchandise, or a ton of it... These people aren't eating at the WDW restaurants, or dining there a lot... The once in a life timers, well they are spending bundles on merchandise, on food... That is why Disney loves to cater to those people... Plus, the once in a life timer is usually an uneducated, or ill prepared, traveler... They can be tricked more easily than a WDW veteran can be into over spending...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    They aren't... Told you all that when this mess first hit WDW that Disneyland management is smarter than the monkeys in WDW... Said before, bands only.. MAYBE... FP+? Nope.. MDE?? Nope... Like Nat said, they won't be getting the disaster that is FP+ as it currently stands in WDW...
    They confirmed NO BANDS at Disneyland. Thank goodness.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

4. Thanks DizneyFreak2002 thanked for this post
    Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    They confirmed NO BANDS at Disneyland. Thank goodness.
    The officially announced no Magic Bands in Disneyland? I missed the announcement, been too busy with life lately... LOL... Thanks for letting me know that.... Much appreciated!!!!

So further proof TDA knows how much of a mess FP+ and the MBs are and refuse to subject their guests to the torture WDW guests need to go through...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I can confirm this: ever year from 1989, my family visited at least once and most years, twice. We spent anywhere from 8 to 15 days per year. Haven't been back since FP+ and we don't plan on it.

Post Thanks / Like

"&But the future of Disneyland will apparently not include MagicBands, a wristband that uses microchip technology to let guests use the bands in place of theme park tickets, hotel room keys and even credmit cards. The wristbands debuted at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla., in 2013.

Disneyland does not plan to offer the wristbands at the park anytime soon, said Mary Niven, vice president for Disneyland Park.

She said the wristband won't work with Disneyland's guest demographics. Many visitors are local residents who do not stay for long periods at the nearby hotels, where the bands would be used heavily.

"We are constantly looking at what is next on the horizon," she added.*

That was from an LA Times article in May 2015.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

8. Thanks DizneyFreak2002 thanked for this post
    Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    "&But the future of Disneyland will apparently not include MagicBands, a wristband that uses microchip technology to let guests use the bands in place of theme park tickets, hotel room keys and even credmit cards. The wristbands debuted at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla., in 2013.

Disneyland does not plan to offer the wristbands at the park anytime soon, said Mary Niven, vice president for Disneyland Park.

She said the wristband won't work with Disneyland's guest demographics. Many visitors are local residents who do not stay for long periods at the nearby hotels, where the bands would be used heavily.

"We are constantly looking at what is next on the horizon," she added.*

That was from an LA Times article in May 2015.

Thank you... Yes, I totally missed that article...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    And when I talk about repeat visitors, I don't mean a person who goes to MK twice during a one week vacation.... I'm talking about people who go two or three times a year, once every year, twice every year...
    I knew what you meant and agree with what you are saying. I was just wondering how they count the attendance numbers. When we go to Disney for a week, I may actually go through the MK gate 5 or 6 times. Heck, sometimes I go through multiple times in a single day. I am guessing that they count a single person per day. If that is the case, there will be days when I increase the numbers at 3 different parks in a single day.

On another topic, I actually do not mind the Magic Bands, as they are convenient when they work. However, I absolutely hate FP+ and for that matter, let me add the dining plan too. It is a shame, as there are obviously things I love about WDW, but those two things have lowered my opinion a bit. I think both were basic money grabs and attempts to control everything, getting every last cent from the people who are there. I guess I cannot blame them for that, but I think it has hurt the quality.
    Last edited by Park Hopper; 02-09-2016 at 03:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

I knew what you meant and agree with what you are saying. I was just wondering how they count the attendance numbers. When we go to Disney for a week, I may actually go through the MK gate 5 or 6 times. Heck, sometimes I go through multiple times in a single day. I am guessing that they count a single person per day. If that is the case, there will be days when I increase the numbers at 3 different parks in a single day.

On another topic, I actually do not mind the Magic Bands, as they are convenient when they work. However, I absolutely hate FP+ and for that matter, let me add the dining plan too. It is a shame, as there are obviously things I love about WDW, but those two things have lowered my opinion a bit. I think both were basic money grabs and attempts to control everything, getting every last cent from the people who are there. I guess I cannot blame them for that, but I think it has hurt the quality.
    Ah ok, I misread your previous post, sorry about that... My understanding is, attendance is calculated first gate you enter that day gets the guest visit... So even though you entered MK 5 or 6 times in 1 day, it is only counted as 1 visit, or one entrance... If you visit MK 5 days in a 1 week span, and MK was your first visit every day, then MK gets 5 visits towards its attendance numbers...

If you visit Epcot first, then MK, Epcot gets the gate click, not MK... It is first park visited that that..

At least that is how it was explained to me... Could be wrong however...

12. Thanks Park Hopper thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't agree with you more about FP+ and the dining plan. We have decreased visits from 2 or 3 visits per year to a visit once in 3 years. Currently we have no plans in the works for WDW other than possibly a day or two when I will be in Orlando for a business convention next year but that depends on what convention promotions come along. If Universal has a convention promotion, we will go there. This year we are going to Disneyland for the first time ever since we don't have to deal with all the FP+ nonsense there and we have been wanting to see the original anyway.

As for the attendance count, now with the magic bands; they know exactly where you went, when and how many times. So irregardless of how many times you entered the park or which parks, they know it was you and only count you as one unique visitor.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: