Quantcast Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Trip Day 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Trip Day 8

We started getting up around 7am on Monday, January 11, 2016. We got ready, loaded our bags in the rental, and drove over to the main building at Port Orleans Riverside to grab breakfast at Riverside Mill.

After breakfast, we drove to the Transportation & Ticket Center where we caught a bus to the Magic Kingdom. We were in the Magic Kingdom sometime after 9am. We went straight to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which we rode twice in a row with no wait in line.

We rode Haunted Mansion next; we had about a 20 minute wait. After Haunted Mansion, we made our way over to Tomorrowland and used our Fastpasses for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. I ended up with my best score ever (and beat Sharon which doesn't happen off). I managed to hit 2 100,000 point targets which really helped!

We went to Adventureland and rode Pirates of the Caribbean. We ate lunch at Pecos Bill's afterwards. The chili was good!

After lunch, we experienced Country Bear Jamboree for the first time ever. It was entertaining. After the show, we headed over to New Fantasyland to use our Fastpasses on Under the Sea~Journey of the Little Mermaid.

We went to Liberty Square and saw the Hall of Presidents, yet another first for us. It's a decent show. Afterwards, we went back to New Fantasyland where we boarded the Walt Disney World Railroad for a trip to the Main Street Station.

We did some final shopping in the Main Street shops before leaving the Magic Kingdom. We left about 3pm, taking the monorail back to the Transportation & Ticket Center. We stopped at the Car Care Center to fuel up and then drove to Orlando Airport International Airport.

We returned the rental, checked our bags, and headed to security at about 4:30pm. Sharon had TSA pre-check, so she went through that line. Mark and I got to wait in the mess of a back-up at security screening. We just got past having our boarded passes checked when they shut screening down, for about 10 minutes, to change out the detection dog. Huge back up and no one going through the detectors, it was a mess. It still took us a little while to get through screening once they started letting us move again. We made it through and got to our gate area. We grabbed some dinner at Burger King before boarding for our 6:30pm flight back to Detroit. We landed at Detroit Metro a little before 9pm and made it home by 10:30pm.

Another trip in the books! Mark and I both used the MagicSlider digital time pieces on our MagicBands. They worked well, and didn't get in the way even though we had to keep them off to the side on the bands. A backlight would've been nice, but there was only a couple times when I really would've used it. We didn't see any of these in the shops while we were there. The parks were a lot cleaner on this trip than they were on our August 2014 trip. Overall, we really enjoyed our trip and are looking forward to our next one, which probably won't be until Mark graduates from high school.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for posting about all of your adventures. While I can't imagine running a marathon or especially going on vacation to run one, I always like reading about everyone's time there!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Orlando always seems to have the most disorganized security screening!! On our last trip, I got the TSA pre-screen but my husband did not. I opted to go through the regular line with him.

Glad you had a good trip!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: