Quantcast Strollers..big, small, tips?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Strollers..big, small, tips?

So my daughter's are 4 years old. They definitely will probably get tired so we plan to bring one with us. We have a jogger and two little umbrella strollers.

Any suggestion as to which I should bring? Jogger or umbrella stroller? I'm not sure what experience or advantage/disadvantages if I bring one over the other.

The umbrella would require two people to push but with the lightweight and ease of use.

The jogger is the Mercedes with all the amenities which I don't need to explain but it is bulkier but I do like that it requires only one person to push. It's slim where my daughter sits behind the other and comes with a glider that my son 9yrs old can stand on if need be.

With all these stated, what are everyone's experience and suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We used an umbrella stroller on our last trip and found it was a good choice because of the ease in maneuvering through the crowds and storing in our room without it being in the way. We stayed onsite and utilized the Disney buses so it was also easy to fold it and get it onto the bus without it being too big and bulky.

Some of the stroller parking areas were very crowded, especially at MK, and having a smaller stroller made it easier to find a spot in those areas. If those areas get too crowded sometimes cast members will relocate strollers to the nearest stroller parking area. Also, since there are so many strollers in this area they can begin to look alike so you may want to consider putting something on your stroller so it is easier for you to identify in the crowd of strollers. Our stroller was black so I put a lime green luggage tag on the pole on the backside of the stroller that had our name and resort and my phone # in case we got separated from it. I also saw some people decorated signs with their family name and hung them on the back of the stroller.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely go with the umbrellas.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure how the strollers whether they would be a pain or not through the crowds.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Umbrellas - better for maneuvering and better for buses. Nothing more aggravating than precious bus seats taken up by Cadillac strollers.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

7. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Umbrellas are the way to go.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Are you planning to go back to the room for naps? If not, do the umbrellas recline? There wasn't a single trip when my kids were that little that they didn't fall asleep in the strollers at least once.

We've used all kinds of strollers on our trips, but the best by far was a Graco side-by-side that was sort of a cross between an umbrella and larger stroller. My big kids were 4 and 2 at the time. It was lightweight and easy to fold but allowed for individually reclining seats and had an awning on top.

If you decide on the umbrellas, you can find rigid attachments that connect the two together that essentially make them a side-by-side, so you don't need two people to push.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Are you planning to go back to the room for naps? If not, do the umbrellas recline? There wasn't a single trip when my kids were that little that they didn't fall asleep in the strollers at least once.

We've used all kinds of strollers on our trips, but the best by far was a Graco side-by-side that was sort of a cross between an umbrella and larger stroller. My big kids were 4 and 2 at the time. It was lightweight and easy to fold but allowed for individually reclining seats and had an awning on top.

If you decide on the umbrellas, you can find rigid attachments that connect the two together that essentially make them a side-by-side, so you don't need two people to push.
    Yeah I was actually looking at some side-by-side umbrellas that Walmart sells for like 40 bucks. I do have two umbrella strollers that we did also purchase those rigid attachments which i guess would work. My experience with them however, were 'eh to say the least, it works.

From the consensus, an umbrella stroller is the way to go. Just deciding whether I should stick with my single umbrellas or double umbrellas strollers.

Post Thanks / Like

Take the singles. You may need to split up at some point and that makes it a whole lot easier!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Take the singles. You may need to split up at some point and that makes it a whole lot easier!
    See this is why I love this forum. I was about to purchase a cheap double umbrella then someone brings up another good point in splitting up. great point. I'll just settle with what we have.

Thanks again and of course please let me know if there are any additional pros and cons.

Post Thanks / Like

I would also suggest the attachment piece, just because cast members often rearrange/completely move the strollers while the owner is at an attraction, and the attachment will keep you from having to find two strollers in the crowd.
    We are going in December, and will have an 8,5,3,and almost 1 year old. We have a sit and stand, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy two umbrellas for the trip. The big stroller is a pain on the busses, and takes up a ton of room in the car, but it allows even the oldest to ride if need be, so I haven't fully made my mind up yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this is a factor for you but what is your child used to also. Mine loves his stroller & is comfy in it & I love the storage. Whatever you take I would recommend making sure they definitely recline, canopy, & the kids are comfy. I would also suggest a storage bag (pretty sure they call them hamster bags - I think from one step ahead).

Also if you go with 2 separate strollers perhaps identical signage or embellishments so they can be seen as a unit so not to be separated.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: