Quantcast Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Trip Day 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Trip Day 5

Another early start, and to a rainy day, on Friday, January 8, 2016. Sharon was up early and headed to catch the runDisney bus by 4am. Mark and I got to sleep in a little; we met up with the cheerICOT team on the Boardwalk at about 5:50am. We cheered on the the 10K participants sans cowbells; they weren't being allowed to be used this year on the Boardwalk. Sharon finished her first 10K though the rain didn't help her.

We met back at our room at Port Orleans Riverside. I worked out while Sharon rested some. We got ready and drove over to Hollywood Studios, arriving there about 10:30am. It was raining, and would keep raining until after noon. Our first stop was for another family tradition, cinnamon rolls at Starring Rolls. It was a challenge to try to keep dry since all the seating it outside. The cinnamon rolls were still good.

After breakfast, we browsed the shops until it was time for our first Fastpasses, for Tower of Terror. After a great ride on Tower of Terror we rode Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

We had lunch at Backlot Express. The Royal Guard Burger and the Corellian Spice Fries are good! After lunch we used our Fastpasses for Star Tours. The Jakku sequence is cool.

We tried to see Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular next, but they said we'd be standing. We went and saw Path of the Jedi, which is OK, and then got into the stand by line earlier for the next showing of Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular.

We headed over to Pixar Place and used our Fastpasses for Toy Story Midway Mania. Mark had the high score, though I was able to score higher than Sharon! After Toy Story, we went to Star Wars Launch Bay. The film was interesting, though the overall area was just OK. It was sort of cool to see the models of the different ships.

We saw MuppetVision*3D next. No Sweetums in the theater, which we sort of missed.

We had dinner at Pizza Planet. When we originally made our plans, there was only a 7pm showing for Fantasmic! listed. I was checking the My Disney Experience app, I saw there was a 9pm showing for Fantasmic!. After dinner we went to the Fastpass kiosks by Pizza Planet and I was able to pick up Fastpasses for the 9pm showing of Fantasmic!

We headed towards to Echo Lake. They were getting ready to start Trials of the Temple, so we watched that. The padawans were fun to watch, though it wasn't the best crew of Jedi putting on the show. After watching Trials of the Temple, we found a bench by Dinosaur Gerties to wait for the Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert party to start at 7pm.

We got into the dessert party a little after 7pm. Most of the desserts were good. I really enjoyed the First Order Finale (I had 2) drink. Sharon said it was better than what she had. Symphony in the Stars started at 8pm. It was great to have a little space around us and not be crammed together to watch the fireworks. Symphony in the Stars is a must-see! It's about 10 minutes long but it's non-stop fireworks synchronized to the music and sound effects.

After Symphony in the Stars was over, we headed over to the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater and used our Fastpasses for Fantasmic! It's been a few years since we've seen it, so it was nice to see it again.

After Fantasmic!, we left Hollywood Studios. We checked the stand by wait for Tower of Terror, but it was 30 minutes and it had been long a day. We drove back to Riverside, stopped to fill up our mugs at Riverside Mill, and then returned to our room to end our day.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you certainly did have a long day but it was full from start to finish!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: