Quantcast Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Trip Day 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Trip Day 3

I was at 6:30am on Wednesday, January 6, 2016, so I could get a workout in before we started our day. We all got ready, drove over to the main building to have breakfast at Riverside Mill food court, and boarded a bus at 9:30am to head over to the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo.

We had to divide and conquer since we had 3 packet pick-ups to do. Sharon and Mark headed to the 5K pick-up while I went to get my marathon packet. I picked up some runDisney stuff at the merchandise shop at the marathon packet pick-up, including runDisney Tervis' which were almost gone from that shop. I went and picked up my race shirt while Sharon was picking up her 10K packet. We met at race shirt pick-up and then went through the main merchandise shop. Sharon was disappointed she couldn't find a Marathon Weekend hoody. There was a line to check out; we had to wait about 15 minutes.

We left the expo and returned to Port Orleans-Riverside. We drove over to Animal Kingdom, arriving there about 1pm. We had a quick lunch at Harambe Market, which was good. Mark and I had the corn dog sausages and Sharon had a beef skewer (I should've gone with the beef skewer). Harambe Market was busy and the lines didn't move very fast.

After lunch we saw the 2pm performance of the Festival of the Lion King (used Fastpass+). After Festival of the Lion King, we headed to Asia to use our Fastpasses for Expedition: Everest. After Expedition: Everest, we went to Chester & Hester's Dinorama and rode Primeval Whirl, which had a less than 10 minute wait. DINOSAUR had a short wait and it wasn't time for Fastpasses yet, so we rode it and then rode it again using our Fastpasses.

We left Animal Kingdom and drove back to Riverside. We hopped a water taxi to Disney Springs so we could eat dinner at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar. This is a cool place! Inside seating is limited; we ended up sitting outside. It was cool and fortunately they have heaters over the outside tables. Food (appetizers/small plates) were good. We shared the sliders, pretzels, sausages, and shrimp flatbread (I had it without the shrimp). We liked it all. We all ended up with non-alcoholic drinks (Mark didn't have a choice!).

After dinner, we took a bus back to Riverside and then drove to Hollywood Studios, arriving there about 8:15pm. I had seen the announcement that the Osborne Lights had been extended through January 6 so we went to see them. It was great to have the opportunity to see the lights one last time. After taking some time experiencing the Osborne Lights, we rode Star Tours. The Jakku sequence is cool. After riding Star Tours, we browsed Tatooine Traders where I did some early Christmas shopping. They had holiday R2-D2s so I picked some up (there weren't any left when we returned on Friday so I'm glad I got them when I did).

We left Hollywood Studios and returned to Riverside. We stopped to fill up our mugs before going back to our room. We turned in before 10pm since we all needed to be up early on Thursday morning for the 5K.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting!!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

We stopped in Jock Lindsey's on our last trip. We were fortunate enough to find an inside table but didn't try any of the food as we had already had dinner that evening.

You had a very busy day!! Sorry Sharon couldn't find the hoodie she wanted!! Cool that you got to see the Osborn lights!!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: