Quantcast Looking for the Disney experience

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for the Disney experience

Good afternoon everyone! My best friend and I are taking a girls trip to Disney in November. However, this is her first time ever going and i want to make sure she does EVERYTHING Disney including eating

What are some of the best restaurants that have characters walking around, or cool themed restaurants etc. Ive heard good things about Chef Mickey, the 50's cafe, and a si-fi one where you sit in a car like a drive in movie and watch old Si-Fi films, and also the one with Lady and the Tramp playing (forget the name of this one), But any others that people know of with cool themes like this in all parks that you would recommend, please let me know!!! Thanks all!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krissysgoingtodisney View Post
    Good afternoon everyone! My best friend and I are taking a girls trip to Disney in November. However, this is her first time ever going and i want to make sure she does EVERYTHING Disney including eating

What are some of the best restaurants that have characters walking around, or cool themed restaurants etc. Ive heard good things about Chef Mickey, the 50's cafe, and a si-fi one where you sit in a car like a drive in movie and watch old Si-Fi films, and also the one with Lady and the Tramp playing (forget the name of this one), But any others that people know of with cool themes like this in all parks that you would recommend, please let me know!!! Thanks all!
    We love Donald's Breakfast at the Tusker House in Animal Kingdom. It has our favorite characters, it gets you into the park early if you reserve an early appointment and it is one of the best value character meals you can find. And for a buffet breakfast, it is very good.

Sept. 2019 Disney Dream
    Feb. 2016 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2013 Coronado Springs Resort
    Nov. 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2008 All Star Movies
    Nov. 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
    May. 1999 Off Site
    Sept. 1997 Off Site

4. Thanks Krissysgoingtodisney thanked for this post
    Likes Joanna liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Intercot! You are in the right place!

If you want "The Disney Experience" then be sure to go to Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. They have buffets for every meal, but it's a great way to be sure you get to see Mickey, Minnie, Donald and the gang.

Another great option for the "Disney Experience" is Cinderella's Royal Table at the Magic Kingdom where you'll get to meet all the princesses. Know that this one books up at exactly 180 days out from your planned dining date so be ready to be on the phone at 7am!

Our resort favorites are Ohana and Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. Ohana has Lilo and Stitch, but Kona is more casual. Both are good food.

Epcot for sure has your best meals. Not only every restaurant at every country's pavilion, but also Coral Reef.

Good luck with planning!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

6. Thanks Krissysgoingtodisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From your description, I think you're talking about Sci Fi Dine-In at Disney Studios and Tune-In Lounge also at Disney Studios. Both are fun places to dine.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

8. Thanks Krissysgoingtodisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the fun stuff - Crystal Palace for Pooh & Friends, Cape May (bfast - characters) dinner is a clam bake, Ohana for bfast (characters) & dinner for the amazing atmosphere (can see the castle & wishes from here), Narcoossee's (can also see the Electrical Water Pageant (EWP) & Wishes), Hoop Dee Doo Revue at Fort Wilderness for knee slapping fun. Another great experience (characters & fun) is the Pirate & Pals Cruise out of the Contemporary resort which you get to see the EWP & Wishes from a boat on Seven Seas Lagoon.

Does she have any favorite characters or movies? Would help us help you.

10. Thanks Krissysgoingtodisney thanked for this post
    Likes Mendelson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I know that you will get a boatload of fabulous hints and suggestions.

Mine is just a caution to remember that if this your BFs first time - to take it slowly. Although it is exciting to want to run and show her - remember that EVERYTHING is her first time seeing it, so let her take it in. So often, we run folks through wanting them to see stuff we think is "exciting" forgetting the magic that first day we walked into the parks for the first time ever.

I hope that your BF enjoys it as much as you do!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

12. Thanks Krissysgoingtodisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deedee73 View Post
    I love the fun stuff - Crystal Palace for Pooh & Friends, Cape May (bfast - characters) dinner is a clam bake, Ohana for bfast (characters) & dinner for the amazing atmosphere (can see the castle & wishes from here), Narcoossee's (can also see the Electrical Water Pageant (EWP) & Wishes), Hoop Dee Doo Revue at Fort Wilderness for knee slapping fun. Another great experience (characters & fun) is the Pirate & Pals Cruise out of the Contemporary resort which you get to see the EWP & Wishes from a boat on Seven Seas Lagoon.

Does she have any favorite characters or movies? Would help us help you.

Thank you!!! I believe she said her classic favorites are Mickey and Donald Duck, and her non classic favorites are Guss Guss from Cinderella, i don't even know if they have him as a character at Disney but if i could find him that would be amazing!

I will have to look into the restaurants that you listed above! those are all ones i dont think anyone has told me about yet! So many places to go and see!! wish we could stay longer then 5 nights and 6 days

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post
    I know that you will get a boatload of fabulous hints and suggestions.

Mine is just a caution to remember that if this your BFs first time - to take it slowly. Although it is exciting to want to run and show her - remember that EVERYTHING is her first time seeing it, so let her take it in. So often, we run folks through wanting them to see stuff we think is "exciting" forgetting the magic that first day we walked into the parks for the first time ever.

I hope that your BF enjoys it as much as you do!
    That is a great point! I need to take this like people told me to take my wedding, always take some time to just stand back and take everything in because before you know it, it will be over in the blink of an eye We will be using the meal plan with one quick meal and one sit down each day. So i want to make sure we go to fun ones when we eat and not just go somewhere because it is fancy and not "Disney like" since we can go to nice restaurants anywhere else in the world that are not Disney themed (not that i am saying i want bad food, but the magic is the special part of Disney)! But again, thank you so much for that comment because you are 100 percent correct!

Post Thanks / Like

Well said! You don't want to turn your Disney Vacation into a Disney Death March. That can too easily happen to even the most well-intentioned.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

16. Likes Tink1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the new fantasy land decor, even the rest rooms.
    Gastons tavern for a cinnamon roll and try to watch Gaston's meet and greet.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that Gus Gus does any meet and greets but I think he is in the parade (I'm not 100% sure on that). One guaranteed place to at least spot him is at Cinderella's Royal Table in the castle. While you are waiting for a picture with Cindy, if you check the beams in the room you can find Gus Gus and Jacque (sp?) keeping watch over their favorite princess! They are just small ceramic figurines almost like hidden mickeys but we enjoy spotting them.
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

I have pictures of my DD with Suzy and Pearly (I think that's their names) that were taken at Cinderella's Gala Feast. Not sure if they have that anymore as its been a few years ago.
    That might be another option to check into. It's going to be an awesome trip no matter where you end up eating at!