Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - January 28-Feb 13, 2016

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - January 28-Feb 13, 2016

I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Thursday pm, January 28, 2016
    The high today should hit 67-68 with continued showers and thunderstorms off and on throughout the rest of today and this evening. The rain should move out by early tomorrow morning (before daybreak). Tomorrow through Sunday looks completely dry. Spotty light showers might pop up Monday and Tuesday, but the chance of you seeing one will only be about 1 in 3. Wednesday afternoon there's a good chance of showers and thunderstorms. Rain will linger into Thursday much like we've seen this week. As for temps, tomorrow will be 65-67 and 67-69 for Saturday. Monday will be 75-77 then near 80 for Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday, however, will see a high of around 65 and that will occur early in the morning with the temps falling throughout the day.

Long range...Feb 5 looks dry but much cooler with a high in the low 50s. Feb 6-8 should be dry with temps rebounding pretty quickly to the low 60s on Feb 6, around 70 for Feb 7 and mid 70s for Feb 8. Storms arrive on Feb 9. Feb 10-13 looks dry with highs staying in the low to mid 60s.

Travel Issues
    Nothing major today or tomorrow.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here and here to learn a lot about turbulence and other issues that sometimes cause anxiety when flying. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Thursday pm, January 21, 2016
    I think this is one of those days where the travel section is more important than the local WDW forecast.

Travel Issues
    A surface low, the initiation of what promises to be a blockbuster eastern U.S. snow storm, has formed over Texas north of Houston, with a warm front extending eastward along the Gulf Coast. This could kick off some severe weather this afternoon and tonight across LA, MS, AL, and the FL panhandle. Flight delays and rough driving are possible in all of those areas. NC will also be dealing with some heavy icing issues today and tomorrow. You definitely don't want to be driving through there! As for tomorrow and Saturday, the 12z models continue in agreement that parts of WV/VA/MD will be buried; some spots will see two feet of snow, and blizzard conditions are likely around Washington DC and Baltimore tomorrow night into Saturday. Travel in the core of the storm will become difficult, if not impossible. The snow will also impact cities like Philadelphia, New York City, and Boston. Even surrounding areas in KY, PA, NY, CT, and RI could see some travel problems.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here and here to learn a lot about turbulence and other issues that sometimes cause anxiety when flying. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!
    As our local weather forecaster has been saying, if this storm shifts just 50 miles, Philadelphia will also be buried. As of now, they are forecasting 12-16 inches for Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs (that would be me). Suffice it to say, if you live between West Virginia and Boston, travel in all forms will be a mess this weekend! If you are heading to WDW, be safe and enjoy the lack of snow !
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

That's always the issue with these storms - tiny shifts can make a huge difference. It's always better to be prepared. Stay safe this weekend!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: