Quantcast San Diego questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default San Diego questions

We will be spending a day (wish we had more than a day) in San Diego next month and I have a few questions.

DH has a long-ish list of places he wants to visit so not sure how much time we will have for other stuff. If you could recommend one beach to visit while there which would it be? I've been doing a little research on San Diego on pinterest and the beaches all look amazing!

I am not sure of all the places DH wants to visit, but any suggestions on "not to be missed" things to do/places to see?

I guess I should mention that we have no intentions of visiting the zoo or sea world. And our boys are 15 and 13.

We are hoping to have both lunch and dinner while there. Would be ideal to find a nice waterside place for lunch, and DH wants Mexican for dinner. Places that we would only find in San Diego, please. Any other places we should go for a snack?

Thanks!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I hope you are not expecting to swim at the beach. It is currently about 50 degrees. If you just want to SEE the beach, anywhere will do.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

When we get the urge to be by the ocean we usually go to Ocean Beach and walk out on the pier. If you go to OB near a meal time there is a restaurant we like called Shades. It is across Abbott Street, not far from the pier and near the lifeguard station. Nice views, inside and outside dining. Mission Beach has Belmont Park, roller coaster, etc., so that's more touristy but there is a lot of beach to walk and lots of restaurants neat the boardwalk. We like World Famous which is farther down the boardwalk more in the Pacific Beach area. It is right on the beach. If it is a day at the beach type of day you are looking for - lying in the sun and such - than you might want to check out La Jolla Shores.

For great waterside, city view dining there is Island Prime & C Level on Harbor Island. Two dining rooms within one restaurant, right on the water. Great restaurants but they are on the pricier side, especially Island Prime. Island Prime is dinner only and I'd suggest reservations. C Level is lunch and dinner but they offer no reservations.

For Mexican, maybe Old Town Mexican Cafe (in Old Town). We go there usually when we have company that wants Mexican. As a general rule for ourselves we get take out from a local taco shop.

If you are in to museums Balboa Park has just about any type of museum you could think of to explore. If you were here in the spring/summer I'd say go to a ball game at Petco Park downtown.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Adding a thought . . . If you like seafood and want super casual consider Point Loma Seafoods. Right by the fishing boats so very fresh.
    Linda aka tinkwest

Post Thanks / Like

My son was 14 when we visited San Diego and we all really enjoyed the USS Midway.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

7. Likes tinkwest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as beaches go, like Natalie said, it'll probably be too cold for any swimming. However, the beaches look so different from the ones we frequent that we would at least like to check them out. The beach with the boardwalk and coaster might be a good fit since we won't actually be going into the water. Will at least give us something to do while there.

Had considered Old Town, so a meal there could work.

My husband being military USS Midway was already on our list!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

If you visit the Midway an excellent nearby restaurant is Fish Market.
    Linda aka tinkwest

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: