Quantcast No adult costumes Halloween party - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    I feel it is rather immature and just plain silly that grown adults want to dress up as characters and go out in public. I don't have any friends that do such, I can't even think of anyone in my social circles at all that would. I do however know of a few people that probably would. It is one of those deals when grown adults are walking around the park dressed as tinker bell or goofy or whatever everyone is looking at them side eyed and whispering "can you believe they dressed up like that and came to the parks." I completely 100% feel it detracts from the real disney characters, is a complete distraction and should not be allowed at all in any form or fashion. Not just for the kids but for me.....it takes away from the experience for me. It would suit me just fine if every adult that shows up with anything that even can be construed as costume or imitation of a character was turned away and not allowed in until they removed such articles. If it takes using security measures as an excuse, that is fine with me.

So there you have it, that is how i really feel about it. It is just my opinion. I hate that I will probably ruffle some feathers (pun totally intended on that one) but you kept pressing and got my true feelings on the subject.
    I'm totally with you... but as noted above, except for Halloween.

I can think of plenty other human train wrecks that we see daily in WDW that are detracting for me, but definitely not adults in tasteful, quality Disney Halloween costumes at a Disney Halloween party. Personally, seeing people in park attire at places like Cali Grill, Narcoossee's, Yachtsman and other resort signature dining places is much more annoying to me than seeing somebody dressed up for a Halloween party.

So, are you saying that a blond woman shouldn't wear her hair up and a green dress and shoes to the park? A woman wearing Minnie ears shouldn't wear a polka dot sun dress? A girl/woman (and I mean over 14 years) shouldn't wear a little tiara and a blue, pink, lavender, yellow, light green or other Disney princess color dress? A woman with long black hair shouldn't wear a Hawaiian print dress (especially a red one)? I guess my husband shouldn't wear the Goofy shirt he bought in WDW that looks like Goofy's shirt with the Goofy hat they sell in the parks as well? I'm just curious. Not pressing, I'm truly just interested to see what you feel is acceptable adult attire. Obviously Disney wants us to purchase and wear lots of Disney character shirts/dresses/headwear since they sell it everywhere, including 3rd party retailers (Hot Topic is a huge retailer of Disney fashion).

I don't know... I got a lot of compliments directly spoken to me, and heard even more people say in passing they loved my costumes. If I got some sideways glances, so be it. I can live with that. But, considering it was a Halloween party where dressing up was encouraged, I don't think it was a far stretch for many people to see adults in Disney character costumes... in the Magic Kingdom... in Disney World. Go figure.

But hey, to each his own. It is YOUR opinion. You think I'm immature and silly, I think you're kind of stodgy. God bless America!!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We've done one Halloween party and, for the most part, we were delighted with the guests in costumes. Our girls were dressed up. DH and I had no desire to dress up in that heat, but were impressed by those that did. And, just because we didn't want to dress up, certainly didn't mean that we thought less of others for doing so. In fact there was only one Halloween here at home where we all dressed up as a family and that was a really special memory. Don't discount how much it can mean to the kids to have their parents join in the fun.

Now, did we see one or two guests who perhaps should have rethought their costume and/or behavior? Sure. But, as pointed out, there are people in the parks every day who perhaps should have rethought their clothes and behavior. It's a shame, but there are always going to be a few of these people.

If Disney is considering restricting this more for security, I can understand that. I hope that it's within reason and evenly enforced. I do think 14 is an awfully young cut off age though.

Oh, and I get the biggest kick out of looking for Disney Bounders! I'm not interested in participating, but the people doing it definitely add to my level of enjoyment at the parks.
    Susanne

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: