Quantcast Baby's first WDW trip - Day 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baby's first WDW trip - Day 4

Day 4!

Today was our first day to head to Hollywood Studios. Again we were to the park by opening. We had fast passes for tower of terror so we headed first to Rock n' Roller coaster. We hopped in line but quickly realized things weren't moving. Eventually we heard the audio was done and they were unsure when it would be fixed. We headed over to Tower of Terror instead and used baby swap to ride. Love this ride as always. And the videos on memory maker were fun.

Next up we headed back to the Great Movie Ride so that DS could get on something. He really enjoyed this one and was busy looking everywhere. I wasn't sure how I felt about the new Turner movie recordings. After we got off a few of us went in search of snacks while DS ran the hollywood squares. He had a blast putting his hand in the hand prints. Funny what little ones enjoy..

We headed for the Muppets next. We'll really miss this one if it goes with the renovations. After DH and my sister headed for star tours. The rest of us sat out, simulators make us sick. While they were there we stalked around the app to see if we could get a lunch reservation anywhere. No dice. Mom was sad, she's not a fan of counter service but didn't believe me when I told her how much the reservation system had changed since their last trip.

We opted for the ABC commissary which was actually pretty good. I shared the asian chicken salad with DS. After this we noticed the park was becoming packed. We had dinner reservations at Mama Melrose later but needed a break. We decided to head over to the Grand Floridian so my parents could check out the holiday decorations. We hit the main stores in the Grand Floridian and the Poly and then headed home to give the dogs a break.

After a quick bath for DS and a short break for us we headed back to Hollywood Studios. Right back to Mama Melrose for our Fantasmic! reservation. There was a mix up. When I booked the package the only show was the late one, as such I assumed our reserved seating was for that show. No dice. Its for a the early show. I have no idea how we will make our Toy story Mania fast pass and get to Fantasmic on time. Our waitress assures us she'll try to get us out on time but I also don't want to rush (a very expensive) meal. Argh.

Dinner was good. Not the best we've had at Mama's but not bad. I had the calamari and chicken parm. DH had the steak and said it was great. We finish up dinner and book it over to Toy Story Mania. My parents had never been on it and there is a wait in the fast pass line. We make it on and they love it. Then begins the hurried run to Fantasmic. I'm still annoyed as all this rushing would have been avoided if we had had the late show.

We make it literally as they are yelling last call for fast pass. DS is getting sleepy at this point but is a trooper through the whole show. Anytime Mickey is visible he points and giggles and seems to understand its the mouse. While watching I decide next trip we'll use a fast pass for this and avoid the dining package.

When the show finishes up we convince my parents despite the fact that DS is now asleep in the stroller its worth a walk over to the Osborne Lights. On the bright side the park was emptied quite a bit. They are totally impressed with the lights. Mom is upset its the last year. They agree it was well worth the walk to see them. I have to stop DH from reprimanding a very cranky individual on a scooter who is laying on their horn to force their way through the crowd. Oy.

After seeing the lights dance a few times we make our way out and home.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a rather rushed ending to your day!! Glad you got to enjoy the Osborne Lights. Having been through there, everyone needs to understand that there just isn't any place to move to - at least not in a hurry so I'm sure the horn was just annoying!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I've been told they only ADR for Fantasmic is the early show...never the later one.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: