Quantcast Candlelight Processional

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Candlelight Processional

Hi, this will be our 1st time visiting during Christmas/New Years! We are looking for any information on the processional. Can you just show up and get a seat, reservations only, etc? Thanks!!
    2002 All-Star
    2004 Port Orleans
    2008 Port Orleans & Disney Wonder

2011 Port Orleans & Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2013 Port Orleans & Boardwalk
    2014 Grand Floridian
    2015 Port Orleans
    2015 Wilderness Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That depends on what day/time you are planning to attend. Anywhere close to Christmas, I would strongly advise getting a reservation. We did this last year for the first time (on Christmas eve), and if Christmas has any spiritual meaning for you, it is not to be missed. Fabulous performance and show, world class performers/players, and referencing the biblical story of Christmas. One of a kind. It was the top highlight of our trip.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

4. Likes Jeff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, the closer to Christmas the more necessary the reservation is, unless you plan on standing in a standby line for hours hoping there will be an empty seat.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Even not close to Christmas the line can be 3-4 hours wait for standby. You have 3 options - 1.) camp out and wait, 2.) Stand at the top near the American Pavilion where you can't see much but you can hear most everything or 3.) Do the dinner package. The third option is definitely the most recommended. Even then you need to be in line at least 45-60 min before showtime to guarantee a good seat, but you can come any time and be guaranteed a seat when you have the package (just not necessarily a good one). For your first time I think the dinner package will be the way to go as it will give you the best opportunity to truly enjoy a wonderful show. Let me also give you this bit of info - if you're not familiar with the CP it is a choir driven show with traditional Christian Christmas hymns. The narration is mostly only scripture readings of the Christmas story from the various Gospels and prophets. As a Christian I find it very meaningful, but someone not of the faith might not. It's not your typical Disney show by any means but it's beautiful and meaningful for me.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

7. Likes Jeff, Hammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There is also a lunch option which is a smidge less expensive but still get seats guaranteed. We are having lunch at Via Napoli next Monday on the package for the program. Great music, live orchestra and choir, stunning decorations so worth the effort!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Even not close to Christmas the line can be 3-4 hours wait for standby. You have 3 options - 1.) camp out and wait, 2.) Stand at the top near the American Pavilion where you can't see much but you can hear most everything or 3.) Do the dinner package. The third option is definitely the most recommended. Even then you need to be in line at least 45-60 min before showtime to guarantee a good seat, but you can come any time and be guaranteed a seat when you have the package (just not necessarily a good one). For your first time I think the dinner package will be the way to go as it will give you the best opportunity to truly enjoy a wonderful show. Let me also give you this bit of info - if you're not familiar with the CP it is a choir driven show with traditional Christian Christmas hymns. The narration is mostly only scripture readings of the Christmas story from the various Gospels and prophets. As a Christian I find it very meaningful, but someone not of the faith might not. It's not your typical Disney show by any means but it's beautiful and meaningful for me.
    To add to what Chris said, there have been reports that lines for shows this year are reaching as far back as France for standby seating, so I would recommend booking a dining package if available, as you will be there at an even busier time.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going to tell you NOT to get reservations - but contrary to what was posted above, we went on the 2nd night of Candlelight Processional (which was the day after thanksgiving) and lined up for the last show of the nite about 50ish minutes ahead of time. We got in and enjoyed the show. They had a queue that went back to Italy for stand by. Other side (France) was for those who had made dinner reservations for the show.

I figured if they didn't cut us off from the queue - then we were probably ok (as they were clicking off the number of people in line).

Got to see Gary Sinise and it was my first ever viewing of the show.

Your mileage may vary, but if you are willing to line up early enough and I'd say, go to the last show, you just might sneak in
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Something else you need to consider is if there is even any availability for the dining package during your stay. You mentioned you will be there around Christmas/New Year's. As that is one of, if not the busiest, times of the year, it is possible there may not be any available packages. I just checked for a party of 2 for the 1 night/ 2 days I will be there (12/22-12/23) and nothing is available for the Candlelight Processional package for lunch or dinner either day. You may need to use the stand by line or standing up by the American pavilion as that could be the only options.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks John!
    This thread got me so worried that called dining to see what dining packages were available on the 16th (when we plan to be there) and long story short, pretty much every place at every time was open... I then figured it wasn't as big a deal as I was afraid it was. We're going to wing it. If for some reason, I'm wrong, no biggie.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Share This Thread On Social Media: