Quantcast DL Food and Wine Festival??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default DL Food and Wine Festival??

Has anyone heard any news about the possibility of the Food and Wine Festival returning to DCA? We love the EPCOT version, and wouldn't mind going out to Cali if they had one again. However, would never go back to Cali without it.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not heard anything about the Food & Wine event returning to Disney California Adventure. I'm trying to remember how many years it was even there. Maybe three? It ended about seven years ago when the entire entrance of the park was under construction while retheming to Buena Vista Street and Carthay Circle. I don't know what type of a draw there was when it existed. I never took part in any of the complimentary offerings but was in the park several times while it was ongoing and I remember that the set-up - staging areas, tables, chairs, etc. - took up a lot of space and caused traffic jams in areas that otherwise were free flowing. And the special events were quite pricey. On a personal note, I don't need it to return.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Was it really around for 3 years? I only remember it being one year. I went to it and I really enjoyed the food offerings and drinks. However, it was kind of difficult to find all the food locations since they were so spread out. I prefer the set up at Epcot around the lagoon. If it ever did come back to DCA, it would be nice to have it around the bay.

I did hear that there were some issues with the liquor licensing for that event. Maybe more trouble than they wanted to deal with?
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I agree it'd be hard to beat the Epcot setup. But wouldn't mind something like that at DCA. We enjoy DCA, but not really DL. So, it'd help in the justification in coming out there.

The Epcot FW is by far our favorite. But wouldn't mind comparing it to a west coast version. Though would have to pay for the more expensive resorts there, so we don't have to do the driving thing after drinking.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

With the current state of Future World Epcot really NEEDS Food & Wine Fest to keep the crowd levels up. DCA and DL are nearly always busy so I'd be really surprised if a F&W style event were brought to DCA.

Post Thanks / Like

Natalie, you got me curious about the actual length of time that the Festival was around. From a November 2010 article in the LA Times announcing the discontinuation of the event during construction, "The 5-year-old festival had continually grown in popularity, expanding from 30 events over four weekends in 2006 to 700 events over 46 days in 2010." I was there twice during the festival, 2007 and 2008.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    Natalie, you got me curious about the actual length of time that the Festival was around. From a November 2010 article in the LA Times announcing the discontinuation of the event during construction, "The 5-year-old festival had continually grown in popularity, expanding from 30 events over four weekends in 2006 to 700 events over 46 days in 2010." I was there twice during the festival, 2007 and 2008.
    Wow. Was I under a rock or what? LOL!
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
    With the current state of Future World Epcot really NEEDS Food & Wine Fest to keep the crowd levels up. DCA and DL are nearly always busy so I'd be really surprised if a F&W style event were brought to DCA.
    Epcot has had it for 20 years. I don't know that it is a crutch.

I went last Spring to DL, and felt the crowds weren't bad. DL a little, but only b/c the park is so tiny and everything seemed to be broken. I think DL could definitely use it. Though I think it'd be better in the DCA area logistically.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Epcot has had it for 20 years. I don't know that it is a crutch.

I went last Spring to DL, and felt the crowds weren't bad. DL a little, but only b/c the park is so tiny and everything seemed to be broken. I think DL could definitely use it. Though I think it'd be better in the DCA area logistically.
    Disneyland doesn't serve alcohol so it could not logically go there.

To be honest, they probably had it at DCA to drum up attendance. They discontinued it due to the massive construction that went on for the refurbishment. And now, the last thing they need is MORE crowds. The recent ticket price hikes are an attempt to tamp down the crowds some.

Sadly, I don't think it will ever return to DCA unless attendance dips too low.
    Natalie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: