Quantcast Birthday trip - June 2016

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Birthday trip - June 2016

It's a bit (ok, a lot!) early to be making plans, but I actually already booked my trip for June 28-July 2nd. My birthday is June 30th, and this is the first time I'll be at WDW for my birthday. Probably the last time too. It's just too darned hot in June/July!

Originally I had booked The Swan, but then I checked the rental prices on David's DVC Rentals and I was able to book The Beach Club for less that I was going to pay at The Swan. The downside, of course, is that I had to pay in full up front.

So here are my questions. I intend to wear my birthday button every day of my vacation. Where can I get it if I enter Epcot through the International Gateway, or do I have to walk all the way to the front of the park?

I currently have a FL resident Seasonal Pass, which I pay monthly. My seasonal pass expires every year on October 2nd. Will I be able to upgrade it at the end of June by paying the difference, and will it be prorated for the remaining months of June-September? And on that subject, will I be able to downgrade back to the seasonal when my October 2nd renewal date rolls around?

This will be a solo trip, as are most of my trips, but would love to meet up with other Intercot folks if at all possible.

Any suggestions for a special birthday dinner? I'm thinking maybe Monsieur Paul or Chefs de France. I'm a rather picky eater and don't like a lot of stuff. No Biergarten, no Teppan Edo, no Nine Dragons, and no Akershus. I do love Marrakesh, Tutto Italia, and a few others. Regular food, in other words.

Thank you for whatever help you can provide to make my 66th birthday a special one!

Nora

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You should be able to get your birthday button right at the Beach Club, but if not, you might check at the shop just inside the turnstiles of the International Gateway to the left.

For your birthday dinner, I think you would be good with Chefs de France. The food is excellent and the view, if you have window seats can be quite interesting. I am a people watcher and like to watch what is going on outside while I am enjoying my meal there.

Enjoy your birthday trip!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

You should be able to get your birthday button right at the Beach Club, but if not, you might check at the shop just inside the turnstiles of the International Gateway to the left.
    I didn't know I could get it right at the resort! That does make it a lot easier.

Thanks!

Nora

Post Thanks / Like

If you upgrade it will not be prorated, it will be the full amount, and you can ask about your renewal when you upgrade your pass for June...
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

If you upgrade it will not be prorated, it will be the full amount, and you can ask about your renewal when you upgrade your pass for June...
    That would still be less than purchasing a 4-day pass, but I would most definitely want to go back to my regular seasonal pass after that, so I'll probably call and ask so I'll know ahead of time.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face love a summer birthday

Having just celebrated my birthday at WDW in the summer (July 6th), let me say you should definitely wear your pin all week - I did! I am so jealous you were able to get the Beach Club at that time b/c I could never get the dates there. We have always wanted to stay at an Epcot resort.

You can definitely get your pin at the resort. I did.

Hope you have a great time... and happy early birthday!
    Missy
    #1 LSU fan 2003 AND 2007 National Champions!

POR Feb 1997
    ASMo Dec 1999
    POR Feb 2002
    ASMovies Feb 2004
    Pop Century May 2004
    ASMovies Feb 2006
    Offsite Jan 2007
    May 2008 Swan
    May 2011 on the Dream!
    BLT July 2013
    POFQ July 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I am so jealous you were able to get the Beach Club at that time b/c I could never get the dates there. We have always wanted to stay at an Epcot resort.
    Next time, try renting DVC points. Although I do prefer The Beach Club, I would have been just as happy if I had been able to get The Boardwalk. My third/fourth choices were Animal Kingdom Lodge Studio, and AKL Concierge. I'm glad I got my first choice!

Nora

Post Thanks / Like

We started with annual passes, then downgraded to seasonal passes. We're now doing week-day select passes. I've been renewing yearly since 2004.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!