Quantcast What to do that first day ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What to do that first day ?

Trip booked for Dec. , Christmas party tickets bought.... So excited... I would like some opinions on what to do the first day we get there... My hubby will drive all night , staying on his normal routine , we will get to the resort around ten in the morning, and him being tired and sleepy from driving all night , he will down a beer and pass out in the room for a while... So , any suggestion on what I could be doing while he is sleeping.. We're staying at Pop Century... I would like to take a bus to down town disney but I get lost to easy and am way to forgetful to venture out on a trip like that alone.. So that's out...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

While you might feel uncertain about venturing out alone, keep in mind that you can ask any cast member you see how to get where you're going. If you are someplace in Downtown Springs (new name for Downtown Disney), you can ask any cast member where the bus stop is. Once there, you can ask any bus driver how to get back to Pop Century.

If you want to stay at Pop Century, you could head to the pool and just hang out there for a bit.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't think you're up for a trip to Disney Springs, what about a bus to MK, and then a trip on the monorail? You could get off at each resort, look around, and then hop back on.

Otherwise, some time at the pool is a good idea, and maybe a walk over to AoA, there is LOTS to look at there, and it is an easy walk back to POP.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Venturing out in Disney is so easy! If you want to head to Disney Springs you should definitely do it. Just take the resort bus there and like faline said if you feel lost or unsure just ask any CM.

I would be more concerned with your room being ready at 10 am for your hubby to sleep. We have had instances where our room wasn't ready till after 5pm! Be prepared to ask for and accept any room location that is ready to be occupied if the room you are assigned isn't ready when you arrive. If the room you are assigned isn't ready yet there is really no way to tell how long before it is ready. We have had CMs tell us the room should be ready shortly, only to wait several hours before it was actually available. Even online check in doesn't always help to get a room that is ready upon arrival. Your best bet is to ask for any available room when you arrive.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Grab a piece of tye-dye cheesecake, hop on a bus to Disney Springs and enjoy! You won't get lost, and even if you do, you will still be on property.
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Head to DTD even if you are alone. There are so many helpful people in the area, guests included, that if you just ask a question they will be more than happy to assist you

You can do some exploring or do some shopping and your husband get catch up on his sleep
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I totally get the desire to get to WDW as soon as possible. But, if you stop for the night along the way, you will both arrive in much better shape and ready to do something together. It's so worth it! Why waste a day in Disney sleeping?

Otherwise, I agree with everyone else. You'll have no problem venturing out on your own, whether it's to DTD or checking out other resorts. The walk from Pop to AoA is easy. Doing the monorail run would be easy too and you'd get some fun views.

Have a great trip!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

I would stay on Pop Century property and walk around resort, check out shops and then just relax by the pool. You will be tired too. Good to rest up for your first full day the next morning.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

The first time I took DS1 alone I had so much anxiety about getting lost!! We flew into MCO, rented a car and off we went! We arrived at our destination(I had printed directions from MCO to our hotel) and dropped our bags and off we went!! We did get discombobulated a few times and DS1 who was 4-5 yrs old at the time didn't hesitate to tell people we were "lost" and believe me....we got help when we needed it!! Even though you really are never truly lost at Disney I understand your point. Do make the trip to Disney Springs and do not worry about getting lost!! As nearly everyone has pointed put, CM's will help you get back to where your hubby is, it will be a great mind clearing outing!trust me!

Have a wonderful trip!,
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

You could relax by the pool,walk around the resorts themes or browse in gift shop

on our first day,by the time my family arrives for check-in time we have dinner at foodcourt then head to Disney springs to shop.When we get back from there we end up swimming
    Next Up-All Star Movies

2019-All Star Sports
    2017-PO Riverside
    2015-All Star Music
    2012-Pop Century
    2010-Pop Century
    2008-Coronado Springs
    2005-PO French Quarter
    2003-LBV
    2001-All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you are there in December you might want to catch an MK bus and go check out the Xmas decorations at the GF, Poly and CR. But you might already have that planned for both of you later. A walk from the Poly to the GF would be nice too if weather permits.

Depending on your budget you might hit the Senses at SSR or GF. A pedicure sounds good after a long drive, doesn't it!
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    ...I would be more concerned with your room being ready at 10 am for your hubby to sleep.
    +1.

Quote Originally Posted by polarbear72834 View Post
    ...we will get to the resort around ten in the morning
    I think it is awfully risky to plan on having somewhere to sleep at 10am on your check-in date. Maybe you have done it before and has success, but getting a room that early is certainly not something I would bet a good "nights" sleep on.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: