Quantcast First Wedding Anniversary WDW Trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Wedding Anniversary WDW Trip

We're celebrating our first wedding anniversary in January at WDW! Our anniversary is actually in Oct, but Jan made the most sense for the trip.

It's my husband's very first visit, but I've been many times, and was a CM, so I know WDW well. I'm curious, of all of you who have celebrated wedding anniversaries in WDW, what were your favorite planned and unplanned moments? I'd love to hear those stories

...or if you're planning an anniversary trip, or hoping for a future one, share too

PS - We're staying at AKL, in a Savannah view Studio, which is super exciting for us both!

Carrie

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We also have an anniversary in October. Our 39th!! We were going to go next year for our 40th but we actually have been together 40 years so this September worked out better for us and we will be leaving in 18 days. Just spending time together is what makes our trips special. We don't have any real plans and will go with the flow. Staying for the first time at CBR and can't wait. Have a great time in January.

Feb 26 - Mar 5, 2019 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 13-19, 2015 at CBR
    Jan, 2011 - off site
    Jun 16-21, 2009, ASSports
    Dec. 7-13, 2008, Royal Plaza at DTD
    April 16-20, 2007 ASMusic
    Feb-Mar 2005 Off Site
    Oct. 1986 Ft. Wilderness 10th Anniv
    Oct. 1976 Honeymoon Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Default :)

Congratulations on 40 years!!!!
    94' All-Star Sports
    96' Dixie Landings
    00' Coronado Springs
    02' All-Star Movies
    03' Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
    04' Beach Club
    05' DCP
    05'-08' CM
    11' All Star Movies
    16' Animal Kingdom Lodge
    18' Hilton Head Island Resort
    19' Boardwalk (our toddler twins' first visit)

Post Thanks / Like

We went to WDW on our first anniversary too & it was also my husband's very first trip! That was over 28 years ago & we have been going back nearly every year since that first year in 1987. It is our happy place & we look forward to each & every trip. Just being there together on our first anniversary was so special. We did not have a lot of money to spend while there, so we were on a pretty tight budget, but it didn't matter. We still had a blast & look forward to celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary there next year!
    Congratulations on your 1st anniversary & I wish you many, many happy years together

Post Thanks / Like

We've gone for our anniversary three times. Once I used the WDW Floral & Gifts to have our room done with rose petals, a gift basket, etc. When she walked in she flipped out....not because of the surprise, but because she thought that someone had broken in and trashed our room. It took her a minute to process it. That was fun.

This last trip (in April), we got special treatment at restaurants whenever we wore our "Happy Anniversary" buttons. We got two free desserts out of it. At Narcoosee's, we ate dinner, went to the dock to watch the fireworks, and when we got back to our table the server had brought us a special dessert. It was awesome.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you goofygirl! I hope my husband also enjoys his first trip and wants to come back!

Hahahah, azcavalier!!!

I love these stories!! <3
    94' All-Star Sports
    96' Dixie Landings
    00' Coronado Springs
    02' All-Star Movies
    04' Beach Club
    05' DCP
    05'-08' CM
    11' All Star Movies
    16' Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

If he ends up really liking it there, I'm thinking I may upgrade our tix to annual passes before the trip ends. We're only over in SC, so short trips during the year would be easy.
    94' All-Star Sports
    96' Dixie Landings
    00' Coronado Springs
    02' All-Star Movies
    04' Beach Club
    05' DCP
    05'-08' CM
    11' All Star Movies
    16' Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Hi ya, congrats on your Anniversary. Hubby and I went to Disney this past April to celebrate our25th. We had only a couple of days planned at the parks, while we were on our way to MK for our first day, it started to pour rain so instead of continuing through the gate we bee lined to the boat launch and went over to Fort Wilderness for an unplanned breakfast at the Trails End. The rest of the day we spent just boating and monorailing to different lounge areas and resorts. We even managed to ride the horse carriage at Port Orleans Riverside. It was an impromptu day and most memorable. Have a wonderful time on your trip!

First Trip - 2001 February - Off Property
    Second Trip - 2012 October - Pop Century, MNSSHP
    Third Trip - 2013 October - Pop Century, MNSSHP
    Fourth Trip-2015 April -Pop Century, Caribbean Beach
    Fifth Trip - 2015 October - Caribbean Beach Resort, MNSSHP
    Sixth trip - 2016 October - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats and many more! We just celebrated our 30th at the World in May and had a BLAST! My favorite planned moment was having dinner at Be Our Guest. What an awesomely themed place! Favorite unplanned moments were FINALLY riding Dumbo and Mad Tea Party! Favorite moment of our trip was just being able to walk down Main Street USA with my hubby! Have an amazing celebration!
    Auntie B

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! We go yearly at the end of September or early October and it just happens to be our Anniversary. We went for the first time together for our 1st Anniversary/Honeymoon trip. This year we are on year 12 and leave in 25 days (not that anyone is counting). Every year we try to do something new and different. As this is a first trip, make sure to stop and not try to do too much and stop and enjoy. As I am the primary planner, I make sure I set things up that DH will like and can be a bit of a surprise for him. Last trip, I got Anna and Elsa fast passes. Oddly enough, that started his love of princesses and getting his picture taken! Now, it's a mission to find a princess he doesn't have a picture with.

Have tons of fun and Happy Anniversary!!!
    Tracie

2014- October All Star Sports
    2013- April- POP
    October-POFQ
    2008- POP

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks :)

bunch, thank you! Awwww, I love that!! So neat how those little moments when all the plans go out the window, can be so memorable.

That sounds so wonderful Auntie B! I was thinking about checking out Be Our Guest. I haven’t been back since it opened, and it looks simply magical!

Happy Almost anniversary tiggersgirl! I used to always visit in late Sept as well, so it’s funny that with our first anniversary on Oct 10, we’re actually waiting til Jan. But, it just worked out best for this year.

Thanks so much for sharing everyone! I just loved reading these sweet stories! My husband isn’t into Disney stuff, but I think he’ll love WDW anyway. It’s such an experience. At least I really hope he will!
    94' All-Star Sports
    96' Dixie Landings
    00' Coronado Springs
    02' All-Star Movies
    04' Beach Club
    05' DCP
    05'-08' CM
    11' All Star Movies
    16' Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! When you check in, ask for an anniversary button. We've always gotten a great reaction from CM's and fellow travelers when we've worn them in the past. Have also gotten some nice freebies, like desserts, sodas and Fastpasses (back when you had to use the machines).

Post Thanks / Like

Be sure to get the buttons! I forget I have one on and a Happy Birthday or Anniversary greeting always makes me feel the magic.

We went to WDW for one day 40 years ago for our honeymoon and a lot has certainly changed since our first visit! We ate at the Crystal Palace that day and it was a cafeteria! I was in awe of that beautiful building. We split a plate of spaggetti and meatballs because everything was so expensive.

Our 30th anniversary we went to Calfornia Grill with our girls. I ordered a cake. The presentation and the CAKE were fabulous. The only problem was getting it back to the room. I ordered the smallest one and it was still a lot of cake. We ate on it for days.

This August was our 40th and we are celebrating at WDW in December. I have booked a dessert party and hoping a BOG dinner reservation opens up. This trip we are staying at Shades of Green for 10 nights. Can't wait!

Have a great time!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

I proposed and honeymooned there. Also, our wedding anniversaries are always there.

We try and eat at some of the places we went to on our first trip. So pick some places you think you'd like.

Plus you can get pins (first timer and anniversary) from employees.

My wife also likes to get a new commemorative ornament from the xmas store at DTD.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your first anniversary!

I'd say do something special, but will indeed be special as his first visit. Hopefully the first of many!

We choose WDW for our honeymoon 20 years ago. Didn't make it back for the 5th, but did make the 10th and spent the 15th on the DCL.

Headed back for our 20th in just over 45 days and looking forward to a Keys to the Kingdom Tour without the kids!

Good luck!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely recommend getting the Anniversary pins when you check in and getting a First Visit button for you husband, too. On our last trip in August, both my parents and my husband and I were celebrating our anniversaries. It was great having CMs and other guests wish us happy anniversaries. We also were treated to dessert at Coral Reef and my parents (we didn't have our pins on at the time) got cute little Mickeys made out of Oreos at our breakfast at Boma. Plus the pins make a nice souvenir now that we're home. :-)

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: