Quantcast Upgrade to Beach Club

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Upgrade to Beach Club

We currently have a reservation at POR but i'm curious if it would be worth it to transfer to BC if the room discounts are offered? We have stayed in value and moderate resorts but never deluxe. What are the pros and cons? We love the thought of being close to Epcot and HS.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The "is it worth it" question really boils down to 2 things for me. First, can you afford it? A deluxe is a significant jump in price over a moderate even with discounts. And the monorail and Epcot deluxe resorts are even more so. Second, will the extra amenities and park proximity be worth the jump in price? Will you actually be at the resort often enough to use the amenities? If you're a park person and go to the parks as soon as you get up and come back late in the day to sleep then it's definitely not worth it. If you like to take advantage of the special pool and all the other stuff a deluxe offers then it very well might be worth it. I've stayed at BC. The proximity to Epcot is very nice and it's a great resort. But the times I've been there I stayed at the resort a lot and wasn't really on a "park" trip. On our normal trips where the resort is just a place to sleep for the most part then we stick to value and moderates. There are no real cons to BC (other than bus service isn't the best) outside of just the price.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    The "is it worth it" question really boils down to 2 things for me. First, can you afford it? A deluxe is a significant jump in price over a moderate even with discounts. And the monorail and Epcot deluxe resorts are even more so. Second, will the extra amenities and park proximity be worth the jump in price? Will you actually be at the resort often enough to use the amenities? If you're a park person and go to the parks as soon as you get up and come back late in the day to sleep then it's definitely not worth it. If you like to take advantage of the special pool and all the other stuff a deluxe offers then it very well might be worth it. I've stayed at BC. The proximity to Epcot is very nice and it's a great resort. But the times I've been there I stayed at the resort a lot and wasn't really on a "park" trip. On our normal trips where the resort is just a place to sleep for the most part then we stick to value and moderates. There are no real cons to BC (other than bus service isn't the best) outside of just the price.
    Valid points. The money is going to come down to how much of a difference it is. We go to Disney every year or 2 so while we spend time in the parks we also like to relax at the hotel by the pool and explore. We will typically go to the parks in the morning for a bit to get the have to get on rides then head back to the hotel until night magic hours or dinner.

Post Thanks / Like

BC is a great resort !!! We like it because you can walk to Epcot and the Studios. It is a lovely resort and the rooms are very nice. WE are planning a trip for April 2016 and if discounts are enough, we will switch from POFQ.
    wdwfanva

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the others. Some people have asked me why I stay at a deluxe all the time (we stay at WL) and I answer that we love it. We used to stay at the Poly but I just can't afford it there anymore! We go every year so we don't rush the whole time we're there. We also don't spend the whole day in the park and head back to WL in the afternoon to relax by the pool. We have an early dinner and then head to the park for the night. Another reason is we enjoy the deluxe resort is the atmosphere. It's a major difference from the value's.

Like everyone else said, the decision is yours on whether you can afford it. I've just been lucky to get a great price on a bounce back!

Post Thanks / Like

I say yes! If you can afford the difference, it is worth it. We love Beach Club. It has the best pool on property. The lobby smells so good! You can walk to EPCOT and take a boat to DHS.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say yes, if you can afford it...we love Beach Club, so much so that we actually just bought into DVC at Beach Club Villas. Epcot is my favorite park, so it makes sense for us...plus I love a good pool.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    ~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

:We also love Beach Club. Have stayed at each of the resorts on property but keep coming back to Beach. In the past $$ played a major part in our decision. Now we're able to stay at our favorite mostly due to Karen at MJ and finding great discounts. Enjoy your stay which ever you decide!!
    KODABEAR
    FIRST TRIP MARCH '79 POLY
    175 plus trips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kplaster View Post
    Valid points. The money is going to come down to how much of a difference it is. We go to Disney every year or 2 so while we spend time in the parks we also like to relax at the hotel by the pool and explore. We will typically go to the parks in the morning for a bit to get the have to get on rides then head back to the hotel until night magic hours or dinner.
    Just from your quote here I would definitely say, go with BC because it has by far the best pool on property. Also you have the Boardwalk, Epcot, DHS and the Swan and Dolphin all within walking distance to explore, plus you can take the monorail to TTC from Epcot, then on to MK on the MK monorail.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Broken record time but unless it is a $$ issue DO IT!! We have stayed at POR several times now and love it there BUT....have also done BC and the pros far outweigh the cons. Stay at BC - you can thank us later!!!!
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

We're normally POR people, but one year it worked out where we actually could afford to stay at Beach Club, so we tried it.

As others have said, it has the best pool area in WDW, hands down, and it's not even subjective. It just is. There is nothing else like the sand-bottom pool. The slide is great, and the lazy river is a lot of fun. But, for us, the best thing is the location.

When we checked in and got our room assignment, we felt like we were walking forever to get to the room from the lobby. But once we got there and got settled, we realized that we were out at the end, right along the sidewalk to Epcot. In fact, there's a door at that end of the Beach Club that deposits you almost right at the base of the bridge to Epcot. I'm not kidding when I say that we were closer to the International Gateway entrance of Epcot than we were to the lobby of the Beach Club.

We would pop out of our room, go over to Epcot, watch fireworks, grab some ice cream from France, and walk back over to our room. It was fantastic.

We've been at least once a year, every year, since 2001. We've stayed at Boardwalk, Bay Lake, Wilderness Lodge Villas, Saratoga Springs, all of the All-Stars, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, off-site in a house, Blue Heron Beach Resort, the DTD Holiday Inn, and the Beach Club. If you ask our kids about our favorite trip, it is *by far* the time we stayed at Beach Club.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bc

If it's in your budget go for it. Everyone should experience staying at the Beach Club at least once. The pool, the location, the hotel, the restaurants are just fantastic.
    Enjoy if you decide to stay there.
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

We have always stayed at Values and this last trip we split stayed at pop and Beach Club. Oh man what a difference we will never stay at a value again. We actually stayed 1 night at the contemporary and I wasn't as impressed with it as I was Beach Club. Its a wonderful resort with plenty to do but be prepared to love it and also be prepared to never go back to the Values again.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: