Quantcast Fastpasses for parades and fireworks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fastpasses for parades and fireworks?

This seems crazy to me! Please explain...

Thank you!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdpip View Post

Thank you!
    I don't think there is a good explanation. But you know how crowds of people are. If we're not there first, on the front row, then somebody might see something we don't. We can't have that, can we?
    Sorry, I shouldn't be so cynical. But I think FP's for these kinds of things are kind of a waste. Like getting a FP for a fireworks show. Whaaaattttttt?
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

We wasted an FP on Illuminations a year ago because I knew we'd be at the Candlelight Processional till late. We didn't realize we'd have to almost run to get there, passing up "decent" views on the way, as it's all the way at the front of WS. By the time we got there, still 10-15 minutes before it started, people were already standing 4-5 deep. We could see the fireworks, but not the globe. I don't know about the other nighttime shows, but I wouldn't use a FP on Illuminations.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

We actually really liked our fast pass for illuminations! We like watching from that area and knew to be there like a half hour before they started letting in. We were fairly far back in the line but the viewing area is sloped and everyone wanted to be down at the front. We were quite happy with being at the top of the rise in the very back. There was enough room for our party to sit comfortably on the pavement and chat while waiting for them to start. Then we all stood up. Because it is sloped we all had a great view! I will definitely be getting them for Wishes the next time we go as we could not get any decently open spots (granted it was the week of Thanksgiving) and we started looking early. I've also heard good things about the fast pass viewing area for Wishes now that the hub is completed.
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Can't we still just find a spot for the parade and the fireworks?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!
    In order to make FP+ and My Magic Plus work and look like it is the greatest thing to theme park industry since, well Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Disney had to add silly and stupid options to FP selections... Things which never needed a FP before now do because of Disney's brainless idea about making guests book Fp 60 days out.. HM, Pirates are just two rides whose wait times have been altered in a negative way cause of this nonsense...

They had to add Fantasmic, Illuminations and the parades cause they needed to increase the options... It is a way to fool unsuspecting guests that they are getting quality out of a very expensive failure of a product...

Can't we still just find a spot for the parade and the fireworks?
    Yes, you can still get spots for the parade and fireworks.. I was there last week (two weeks ago), and watched Wishes and MSEP from Main Street... Great view of the parade from the curb, and the best view one could get for Wishes right up Main Street... I also caught Illuminations from over near France and closer to International Gateway.... Great viewing spot... No need for a FP for Illuminations or any of the other shows... it is a waste of a FP...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Yes, you can still get spots for the parade and fireworks.. I was there last week (two weeks ago), and watched Wishes and MSEP from Main Street... Great view of the parade from the curb, and the best view one could get for Wishes right up Main Street... I also caught Illuminations from over near France and closer to International Gateway.... Great viewing spot... No need for a FP for Illuminations or any of the other shows... it is a waste of a FP...
    This is generally my view too. I have never used a FP for a parade/fireworks show and I've never had a problem finding a good and sometimes and excellent spot. However there is obviously a large number of people who like having a reserved spot because they always fill up. For example I just checked Magic Kingdom for Saturday. The FP that are not available are the two parades, Wishes and Anna & Elsa.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Simple
    If you want a great location and enjoy this type of entertainment you will use a FPP. It was worth it, to us, however it really didn't save time or space. I suggest using it for a ride.
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    This is generally my view too. I have never used a FP for a parade/fireworks show and I've never had a problem finding a good and sometimes and excellent spot. However there is obviously a large number of people who like having a reserved spot because they always fill up. For example I just checked Magic Kingdom for Saturday. The FP that are not available are the two parades, Wishes and Anna & Elsa.
    Of course there are people who would like it... McDonald's also serves millions of people a year, and no one would ever call them gourmet dining... It's still a waste of a FP... of course, with Epcot, nothing is worth a FP in that park, so if someone chose Illuminations, I'd understand... but it is worthless for Wishes, Festival of Fantasy, and MSEP...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

We used FP+ for Wishes on our arrival day. We needed a FP+ for 10pm so I said lets try it. Everyone on the boards said it was a waste of a FP but since we would be arriving late and booking at that time anyway I went for it. I have to tell you it was the best experience. The area around the hub was so nice. We had room to sit down and relax. We had a great view of tinkerbell. I was very surprised at how much my family enjoyed the whole experience. With that being said we were there 10 days. We had plenty of FP to do big tickets on other days and I dont know if I would tie up my FP for a full day on that. We never normally watch firework shows my son isnt into crowds. So for our family it was worth the FP.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

Which side of the hub did you sit in? Near Tomorrowland or Adventureland?
    I am thinking that this would be a good use of a FP for us as well. Just don't want to fight the crowds with a little one.

Post Thanks / Like

My only problem with it is if you get the FP for the last fireworks or parade of the day, you cannot get another FP until that one is used. Unless you are going to be in a park all day and you have done all the attractions you want to do and you can still get a FP for a viewing area, then I say get it.

It isn't worth it to get one at the 60 day mark or before you have used your initial three passes.

Post Thanks / Like

The only reason I'm considering it, is that we are going during the Christmas holidays, and the combination of special holiday parades and fireworks and high crowds make it tempting...
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DANAM View Post
    We used FP+ for Wishes on our arrival day. We needed a FP+ for 10pm so I said lets try it. Everyone on the boards said it was a waste of a FP but since we would be arriving late and booking at that time anyway I went for it. I have to tell you it was the best experience. The area around the hub was so nice. We had room to sit down and relax. We had a great view of tinkerbell. I was very surprised at how much my family enjoyed the whole experience. With that being said we were there 10 days. We had plenty of FP to do big tickets on other days and I dont know if I would tie up my FP for a full day on that. We never normally watch firework shows my son isnt into crowds. So for our family it was worth the FP.
    When we used our FP+ for Wishes they did not allow us to sit down. The CM's kept going around and telling people to stand. It was quite frustrating in all actuality.
    "That is just poor show" -Cruella DeVil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    My only problem with it is if you get the FP for the last fireworks or parade of the day, you cannot get another FP until that one is used. Unless you are going to be in a park all day and you have done all the attractions you want to do and you can still get a FP for a viewing area, then I say get it.
    I used a FP for Fantasmic as my fourth FP. By time I had used my initial 3 (around 1 pm) everything else that I would have been interested in was out of FPs.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

We used a FP for Wishes on our arrival day 2 Fridays ago. I knew we were getting to the park late and wanted to make sure we had a good spot. Decided to stay our last night there and watch again but from Main Street in front of the train station. We ended up leaving because people were either pushing our kids out of their way or they would turn around and see our kids standing there and still step right in front of them to block their view. So I'm glad we used the FP our first night there.
    Ashley
    Wife to James
    Mom to Cassidy & Kenzie
    Disney Honeymoon~~Aug. '02 Off Property
    1st Family Trip~~Feb. '13 ASMovies
    Surprise Trip!! Dec. 2014!!! Off Property
    Next trip booked! July 2015! Wyndham Bonnet Creek!!

Post Thanks / Like

I did use a FP on Frozen Sing Along because many here said it is well worth it. I also used one on Anna & Elsa because daughter wants to meet them and line is still too long.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I have FPs for the Festival of Fantasy parade when we go in Sept (mainly bc we will have spent two days already in that park and not much left to choose from). Haven't seen that parade yet and don't want to stand in the sun for an hour saving a spot...

Q: Where do we go for this viewing area?

Thanks!
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly where is the viewing area?? Is it for the Parade also or just Wishes??
    Diana

3-19 Old Key West
    10-18 ASMovies
    6-18 Pop
    4-18 ASMovies 50th BDay AP!
    10-17 Pop
    11-15 Boardwalk GV
    10-12 Saratoga Springs GV
    7-11 Beach Club
    7-09 Old Key West
    10-08 Boardwalk GV
    4-07 POP Bday & 40th Anniv
    4-04 CB
    5-99 ASMovies
    1-91 Honeymoon & 2 times as a kid

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoyed our FP for Wishes. You can go in the area to watch the nightly parade, castle projection show, sit on the "grass" and relax - then you have to stand for Wishes. Great for a busy night. And great view for Tinkerbell. We were at the location in front of The Plaza- closest to Tommowland.

Not sure if FP for Illuminations or parade would be worth it but hoping to get a Wishes FP for our December trip.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: