Quantcast Family of 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Family of 5

Post Thanks / Like

Default Family of 5

We are in the process of planning our Spring 2016 trip to the world !!!! We are a family of 5 and were hoping to stay at the Poly but just got our quote and are suffering from a bit of sticker shock!!!!!
    Looking for an on property resort that will allow 5 per room. Not really interested in Fort Wilderness or Art of Animation.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwkiki View Post
    We are in the process of planning our Spring 2016 trip to the world !!!! We are a family of 5 and were hoping to stay at the Poly but just got our quote and are suffering from a bit of sticker shock!!!!!
    Looking for an on property resort that will allow 5 per room. Not really interested in Fort Wilderness or Art of Animation.
    Your best options then would be at the moderate level. At Port Orleans Riverside (POR) the Alligator Bayou section accommodates families of 5, with a pull down Murphy bed. So a single room with two queen beds and the pull down. Caribbean Beach (CBR) back in about January after their refurb also started to accommodate families of 5. I haven't stayed there in that new set up, but would presume the room configuration to be similar to that of POR-AB.

Since you are already eliminating AoA and FW, that pretty much leaves the suites at All Star Music(?) or getting adjoining rooms at a value or moderate level resort.

If you are ok with the room configuration (don't know the make-up of your party or the ages) the moderate options at POR and CBR are your best bets for on property. I love POR and have stayed their 3 times with my family of 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh - forgot to Intercot

Post Thanks / Like

We use POR for the 5 in a room feature, I mean we are only sleeping there for a few hours as we are open to close people. We also stayed in the suites at ASM(Jazz section) and they are nice as well with the 2 bathrooms.
    76 CR,80 Offsite,82 CR, 85 Offsite, 88/89 GF,
    91 Dolphin, 93 DxL,94 WL,94 POLY,
    97 Offsite, 99 CSR, 02 ASMo, 03/04 ASMo
    04 POR, 05 POR, 08 POR, 10 ASMu FS,
    12 ASMu FS, 14 ASMo,
    POR, 15 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at POR, I agree it does look like our best option. I should have mentioned kids ages are 9, 6 and 5. I thought Wilderness Lodge and AKL could accommodate a family of 5 but not according to the website

Post Thanks / Like

to Intercot

Another option would be one of the villa studios or one bedrooms that sleep 5. Once you decide when you are going our sponsor Magical Journeys would be able to help you find the best rate available. Even after you book they keep on top of your reservation and if a less expensive rate becomes available they will make the change for you.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Renting DVC points is also an option.

to
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

We are a family of 7 and always get two rooms at Pop. I am pretty sure it's not what you were looking for but it gives you a lot more room. I think they have some rooms at a fall rate around 94. I'm not sure what they offer at the time of year that you are going. But, 200ish for two rooms isn't bad.

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at POR, I agree it does look like our best option. I should have mentioned kids ages are 9, 6 and 5. I thought Wilderness Lodge and AKL could accommodate a family of 5 but not according to the website
    Even the 9 year old would probably have no issues being on the Murphy bed, the 5 year, definitely no problems.

Biggest issue is overall storage space. When they did the refurb they took away the armoire tv cabinet, which had several usable drawers. That is now replaced with the Murphy bed, which does have 3 drawers underneath it, which are usable, but hard to get to. We brought down one of those collapsable sweater hangers and that gave us 5 or 6 more little shelves that we could use.

You might have to get a little creative, but it isn't bad and if the room is primarily for sleeping and changing clothes, no big deal. POR probably has the best pool of the moderates, great for the kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Family of 5

We are a family of five and always book two rooms at one of the All Stars or most recently the past years at POP. You get two bathrooms and plenty of room to spread out.
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for your help in making the decision, I think POR is going to be the way to go!!! We have never stayed there so I am excited to learn more about the resort. We will be sure to try to get our Poly fix by visiting O'Hana and hopefully Trader Sams

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at POR in the AB rooms for 5. there was room for all of us and the vanity area and bathroom being separate was a plus. The rooms are very rustic and the murphy or trundle bed wasn't a problem. my daughter was 9 when she slept on it. with it pulled out there isn't much room to get to the door or around that side of the bed but other wise we were fine. The resort grounds are beautiful and its nice that you can take a boat to DTD. Its not an in your face Disney themed resort like the all stars are and my family wasn't really fond of the food court choices the plus is that there is a sit down restaurant on site! the pool theme with the waterslide was a definite plus!

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjstrike View Post
    Renting DVC points is also an option.

to
    This was my thought as well!

Kristina șOș
    Next Trip is October, 2016!! Back to Poly!!!

5/1999 Port Orleans-1st Trip
    6/2000 Contemporary
    9/2002 Caribbean Beach
    4/2002 Polynesian
    10/2003 Polynesian

2/2004 Wilderness Lodge
    9/2006 Polynesian
    11/2008 Pop Century
    11/2009 Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for your help in making the decision, I think POR is going to be the way to go!!! We have never stayed there so I am excited to learn more about the resort. We will be sure to try to get our Poly fix by visiting O'Hana and hopefully Trader Sams
    I don't recall which nights he performs, Wed thru Sundays (?) but YeeHaw Bob Jackson performs at the River Roost Lounge at POR and packs them in. He is hilarious and best of all, its a family friendly show, although he does start a bit late. He is a hidden gem at WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

If you would consider staying off site I can totally recommend staying at one of the ph Premiere Condo hotel condos. There is a lot of space an it is really nearby the park!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: