Quantcast Yacht Club Pool question- Kiddie Pool...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yacht Club Pool question- Kiddie Pool...

Trying to get some more info on the Yacht Club pool. Just got back from CBR and my kids LOVED the pirate splash pool. And the beach. It was perfect for us. We are staying at Yacht Club in Oct, and I'm curious about the kiddie pool area. I see pics online, but was looking for more detailed info on how deep that pirate slide kiddie pool is, and other general areas considered "kiddie pools". And also just thoughts on having young kids at Yacht Club. My kids don't know how to swim yet, and they mainly just want to splash around and that kind of thing.

Thank you!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think my kids were 3 and 5 the first time we did the Yacht Club. It is one of their favorite pool areas.

There are two areas that are good for kids. The kiddie pool at the base of the big slide and it has small slide and might not be great for children who can't swim. I don't remember how deep it is, but I know i was able to sit in it and be covered with water.

A better section is the sand section of the main pool. There is a sand bottom and the water is not deep at all. Less than a foot in most of the areas. There is lots of sand so they can actually build sand castles. My kids are 7 and 9 now and I still have a hard time getting them to leave the sand area.

The other sections are the lazy river which is very deep , the jacuzzis and the rest of the pool which has standard depths.

I also like the quiet pool at Yacht.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

The small pool is 3 feet deep, there is a great slide for a small child...but you have to be in the pool with them, or have them in a life jackets.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I think my kids were 3 and 5 the first time we did the Yacht Club. It is one of their favorite pool areas.

There are two areas that are good for kids. The kiddie pool at the base of the big slide and it has small slide and might not be great for children who can't swim. I don't remember how deep it is, but I know i was able to sit in it and be covered with water.

A better section is the sand section of the main pool. There is a sand bottom and the water is not deep at all. Less than a foot in most of the areas. There is lots of sand so they can actually build sand castles. My kids are 7 and 9 now and I still have a hard time getting them to leave the sand area.

The other sections are the lazy river which is very deep , the jacuzzis and the rest of the pool which has standard depths.

I also like the quiet pool at Yacht.
    Ok that all sounds fun. I think they will love the beach area. They really liked the lazy river at Aulani- they wore life jackets and I was holding them on the raft...what is the lazy river like at Yacht Club?

Thanks so much!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

The lazy river is really just a small loop of pool with a current. It is 8 feet deep. It takes about one minute to go around the loop once. If your kids aren't swimmers yet, best to just avoid this area. You can rent inner tubes but they are not really worth the price, as you cannot use them in the other sections of the pool.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Sand bottom pool kiddie area is huge and they will love it. Two small kids on the lazy river will be dicey. The tubes you rent do not have bottoms and don't work well with small children. And it very deep, so you can't touch bottom. When we took our 4 yr old grandson, he loved the sand and also the small pool on the other side of the road which has a smaller kiddie slide. Although in the end the very tall large three story slide called to him...after my initial fear, and an adult climbing the slide with him and me at the bottom of the slide...that was his favorite...that slide and the clown slide at BWV. We make sure to visit the clown once during each trip now.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the info. It sounds like its going to be great!

Post Thanks / Like

When we were there the kids meals from the pool snack bar came in sand pails and my kids had a fabulous time digging in the sand bottom pool area. It's zero entry and there is a lot of shallow area for kids. Very kid friendly pool. I too would skip the lazy river with little kids. However, the slide can be fun of your child has a life jacket.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: