Quantcast Adding a day....major frustration!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adding a day....major frustration!

We are heading to Poly CL Garden view room under the summer room only promotion. Our travel dates are 8/31-9/6. Online, Poly is showing availability of those same type of rooms, on 8/30, but not under my promo. I would like to add a night to the front of our travel dates. I have called 3 seperate times this morning and I am getting no where. One CM stated she could get me into Lagoon view the entire stay for $265 more with an extra night. I knew this was too good to be true. When I asked for a recap, her system suddenly FROZE! LOL. The next CM I got offered me the lagoon view for the entire stay for 1400 more...no thanks! I know its Sunday and a lot of CM's are inexperienced, but why is this so difficult to do? Even if I have to pay the higher rate for a night, that's fine, I would just prefer not to change rooms or have two reservations numbers. Is this an impossible quest I am on, or should I try back during the week.
    Next time....I'm using Magical Journies. Ugh
    Jen :)

CR-1981
    offsite-1985
    Marriott Grande Vista 2002
    WL 2004
    Poly 2005
    CR Atrium Club 2006
    Poly 2007
    Beach Club CL, Grand Floridian 2008
    Beach Club CL 2009
    GF Royal Palm Club CL 2010
    WL CL 2011
    CR Presidential Suite 2012
    BC Club Level 2012
    Poly CL 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I had this same problem twice in the past. Once was trying to add a day on the front and the other was trying to add a day on the end. Never got it done either time after numerous calls. The only way I could have made it happen would have been just do a one day reservation myself online but then it was highly likely we would have to change rooms and it would have made a mess of our next day dealing with it.

The first time, I said to heck with it and just went with our original plans.

The second time, I wanted to add the day on the end. I called numerous times, went by the front desk a couple of times. I can't for the life of me understand why their system fights adding days for someone willing to spend more money but there is some sort of limitation that inhibits their ability to add days on to an existing reservation. It probably is because of the promotion the reservation is under is no longer available at the time. I know I was on a promotion both times, because that is the only way I will make a reservation (I never pay full rack rate). If that is the issue, I still don't understand why they don't have the ability built in to add additional days later at the current rate or full rack or whatever. Why is it nearly impossible?

Anyway, the second time when I wanted the extra day on the end, I finally gave up and just got online and booked a room at an Embassy Suites. We actually ended up staying a couple of extra days there. WDW messed up because we actually discovered we liked the Embassy Suites and haven't stayed on site since then and that was several years ago. We have stayed at Embassy Suites and Hilton ever since then.

Post Thanks / Like

For our upcoming trip I booked our package and booked a room only for the two nights preceding it because we want to come earlier than the discount starts. As it got closer, I called Disney to request that we not have to change rooms. It's not guaranteed of course, but she did link our reservations and put notes on both. With that much advance notice, I'm hoping they can manage to keep us in the same room!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    For our upcoming trip I booked our package and booked a room only for the two nights preceding it because we want to come earlier than the discount starts. As it got closer, I called Disney to request that we not have to change rooms. It's not guaranteed of course, but she did link our reservations and put notes on both. With that much advance notice, I'm hoping they can manage to keep us in the same room!
    They will most likely be able to keep you in the same room but as you said, it isn't guaranteed. That is my problem with their reservation system. Why in the world can't you just add days at a different rate on either end of a reservation? It is just madness that something so simple can't be done.

Post Thanks / Like

This may be a reach but have you tried calling Concierge directly and seeing if they can help you out? The night of 8/30 (right now) is available but not at your discounted rate. At they very least, perhaps they can book it for you and keep you in the same room for your stay.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

That is what we are running into right now. We have a trip planned with my DH's brother and wife Sept 27-Oct 2 with the military discount at the BC. When I found out they extended the military salute until Dec today (it originally ended the week we were there) I tried to extend our stay at the BC for four more days but there isn't any rooms available at any of the deluxe resorts with the military discount. I don't mind changing rooms or resorts but to have nothing available? And yes, I know it is during W&FF but I am still surprised and disappointed. I will even take another discount pkg over the military one if we could get a room. Most of the time if you stay in a hotel somewhere and want to extend your stay, they are able to accommodate you. Is the booking so tight at WDW resorts that this isn't available or is it just that they don't allow very many rooms with the discount?
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Our last WDW stay we had to have three different reservations because we had a PIN discount, a Spring offer discount, and added a night at the beginning of vacation at rack rate. Unfortunately, we had three separate reservation numbers, but was able to stay in the same room. Called beforehand and had CM put it in reservation notes, and then at check-in the CM stated that we would just have to come back and check-in and check-out on the days the different reservations start/end. We saved quite a bit of $ on the reservations during Spring Break, and it worked out for us. It would have been nice if the CM could have extended one of the offers we had, as a courtesy, but I don't think Disney gives them that option???

I hope you can get the date you want and enjoy your vacation.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

You could still try with Magical Journeys. Just have them look up exactly what you want and see if it can be done. If so they will put a hold on the room you want and you can cancel the existing one you have booked. It's worth a try.. Good Luck
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: