Made a quick trip down to WDW last week... Pretty much a last second trip, planned maybe 2 weeks prior to going... Here are my thoughts, observations, and experiences:

RESORTS: Stay was split between Saratoga Springs and BoardWalk... Asked for Congress Park with a DTD view... Did not get a DTD view but got upper level Congress Park... Oh well, requests aren't promised for guaranteed, so no issues on my end... Really didn't matter to me honestly... BoardWalk, however, they got me the view I wanted, over looking the pool with ToT in the background... Was wonderful at night, sitting on the balcony, listening to Fantasmic, as if I were there, and when Microsoft rented out DHS, I was able to watch their fireworks show.. Plus, we got to see the Frozen Summer Fun fireworks show, with the music audible in the background... BoardWalk is wonderful... I loved the hard wood floors in my villa... and the cooling unit, holy cow... My room was an ice box!!! Polynesian: I don't like the lobby... I don't hate it, but don't like it... I feel it is missing that ambiance it once had... The DVC rooms there though are gorgeous... The studio is unreal and the bungalos are jaw dropping... They gave me a tour of the rooms as a DVC member... if you didn't see the rooms yet, and are a member, set up an appointment to take a look... WOW!!!! I didn't get to see the other resorts on this trip...

MAGIC KINGDOM: Park looked great... Spent 16 hours straight there, from 8:00 AM to closing.. Was able to ride everything except Pirates which is closed for much needed refurbishment... Found out what they are doing, and I think we'll all be very happy with the finished product... I believe Pirates will be as good as new once done... All other attractions looked great... Didn't do Stitch or Laugh Floor, but did see CoP twice, rode Peoplemover twice... Got on 7D for the first time... Ride was down upon opening, but maybe an hour or two later, it opened... Waited only 30 minutes to get on... Opinion on 7D: good fun ride, no way an E ticket... They missed the mark honestly, but I feel they missed the mark with the new Fantasyland area in general... the Dwarf AA's were fantastic, and that's about the best I can say for the ride... It's fun, but too short... Mermaid looks much better since the enhancements were installed... Still exited the ride thinking HUH??? But it looks much more like a classic Disney dark ride now than it did before... Had a great skipper on Jungle Cruise... Tiki Birds were once again a delight... Country Bears played to a packed theater... Festival of Fantasy is a fantastic parade... i don't care much for the music, but the floats are spectacular... Main Street Electrical Parade needs to go... Really... Wishes needs to go... Watched both, did not come away impressed anymore... The park looked as clean as I can remember... Still love Splash and Haunted Mansion... The HM gift shop has some pretty neat merchandise... While MK does need another expansion (one may actually be coming, say Hi to FRONTIERLAND), the park looked great!!!

EPCOT: Oh so sad... Epcot was always my second favorite WDW theme park, behind MK... My how fast the mighty have fallen... Epcot, in my opinion, is really in a state of despair... If they ever took away Food/Wine and Flower/Garden, the park would be dead... Entered through International Gateway, walked over to Spaceship Earth... I like the ride, but yet, hate it... The script is boring, Judy Dench's voice is so monotone, it is coma inducing... The best part this trip was the descent back to earth only cause my friend and I decided to be idiots and made faces at the camera taking our picture... Made for a funny flash animation movie... But AGH... Skipped Mission Space (can't stand it)... Got on Living With the Land... Still an under appreciated treasure... FP'd Soarin' and good thing I did... Wait times barely dipped below 170 minutes... Hit Test Track with single rider... Yes we were split up but I didn't care... We weren't waiting over 60 minutes... Nemo is dull... Imagination needs to go (maybe it is)... Gran Fietsa Tour in Mexico was cute the first time but now is just another example of how NOT to do the World Showcase attractions... Sadly, they haven't learned as they shoehorn in Frozen to an area is doesn't belong... We actually didn't spend all day in Epcot either.. No need to... We left early afternoon, and returned late afternoon, early evening to make sure we caught Illuminations, which is my favorite night time show on property... Glad to say it doesn't appear to be going away just yet, but should be receiving enhancements... YIPPEE!!!!