Quantcast World Observations...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default World Observations...

Just back from a cruise/resort stay, I'll be quick...

The difference in customer service between the parks and the cruise line is like night and day, it's scary! The cast aboard the ships are always willing to help, always had a welcoming smile, and more than willing to help.

In contrast, I'm finding it near impossible to say anything good about the CM's at WDW. We didn't see any of the parks, but it's blatantly obvious that they are having a tough time finding good help.

The bus drivers, well, I don't think one responded to a good morning, thank you, good night, etc. Most just looked forward or off to the side during loading/unloading. The restaurants, well, mostly sub-par servers with the exception of Fulton's. One waitress (Viviana I think it was) at Trails End, wouldn't have been tolerated at McDonald's. Didn't pick up plates, refill drinks, etc. I'm not even sure she said anything, and if she did, it wasn't English, that's for sure.

Overheard many side conversations between cast that wasn't really appropriate around guests (not bad language, but they don't need go be discussing schedules, financial situations, etc).

At the pool one day, we saw a 'supervisor' (probably just a lead type) give a tongue lashing to one of the housekeeping staff trying to clean up around the area, emptying garbage, etc. When the supervisor left, the CM made the crazy sign with her finger around her ear.

Bad show, very bad show... My better half and I were talking about future destinations and while I've always frowned on using DVC outside the DVC resorts, I think its time.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It is hard to find 53,000 good employees. Especially at $9.00/hr.
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you didn't find the cast to be up to par. Maybe things have changed a lot in the last nine months (the last time we were in Disney) but I do have to say, I found many more pleasant, helpful cast members than those who were not.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry that your experience with cast members was not the best. We have found the cast members at Disneyland to be just a step above those at WDW but I attribute that to the size difference of the parks.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: