Quantcast Tables in Wonderland being phased out? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what to think. I still believe that where there's smoke, there's fire. What explains why the new restaurants (Boathouse, Trader Sams, etc.) aren't accepting it?

Can't help but feel that the CMs were told to say that it's not going anywhere. Hopefully I'm wrong. .

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I don't know what to think. I still believe that where there's smoke, there's fire. What explains why the new restaurants (Boathouse, Trader Sams, etc.) aren't accepting it?

Can't help but feel that the CMs were told to say that it's not going anywhere. Hopefully I'm wrong. .
    I hope it isn't going away either. Though, there has always been restaurants that don't take TiW which I have never understood why. Hacienda de San Angel does not accept it, nor does Monsieur Paul or Teppan Edo. SurferStich already mentioned they did away with the discount at V&A's. Top of the World doesn't give a TiW discount either. You only get a TiW discount for lunch at Chefs de France. I could see them adding more restrictions.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Disney are not like UK civil servants because when they say they have no plans to do something it means they fully intend to do it but the plans on how/when are not yet set in stone.........
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

While I was digging around to try to find out more about this rumor and where/why it may have originated I cam across a post that said "Intercot is saying TIW is being phased out".

It's all Mel's fault
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Well they added Trattoria al Forno which was a good sign. I doubt any of the new Downtown Disney restaurants will be added due to outside management. I could see them getting rid of it, they don't really need to increase local traffic anymore. But, I look at Hollywood Studios strangely with all it's closures, and minimal attractions. The restaurants could be a draw to keep a trickle of money coming in.

Post Thanks / Like

Very good news. We go to more restaurants because we have tables (I still call it "be our guest").

When you have a large party - it pays for itself in one night / especially if you go to the California Grill 😀
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    While I was digging around to try to find out more about this rumor and where/why it may have originated I cam across a post that said "Intercot is saying TIW is being phased out".

It's all Mel's fault

We only reported after much chatter on social media, and some CMs stating they'd been given the info from their superiors.

I still don't know what to think!

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW The Boathouse accepted our TIW three days ago, and mentioned it was the first day they were doing so.
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric2000 View Post
    FWIW The Boathouse accepted our TIW three days ago, and mentioned it was the first day they were doing so.
    Now that's interesting, and definitely worth noting.

Post Thanks / Like

When we are there at the end of this month I will make a point of asking a bus driver so we get the real story...
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubbyofadisneyholic View Post
    When we are there at the end of this month I will make a point of asking a bus driver so we get the real story...
    Good luck with that... Many aren't talking to guests these days it seems...

And I agree, there's ALWAYS a little bit of truth in every rumor. I'm sure they are thinking they are throwing significant profit of meals out the window due to the 20%. The question is will enough people move to other food choices if it goes, and will that actually drop profits. If they replace the deadbeat TiW guest tables with lemmings willing to pay full price, then they would be right...

Post Thanks / Like

Since we have cut back on our Disney days in the last couple of years we have not purchased AP's let alone the TIW card for a while now, so if this rumor turns out to be true it will not effect us....But it still bothers me. This seems to be a trend with Disney. They have been taking away more and more while raising the prices. I have always said that they are a company and need and are entitled to make a profit, but I believe we are getting less and less for our money. I have no loyalty to Disney because I believe they do not care about their repeat visitors. In my eyes part of the problem is some people are Ok with whatever they do....and Disney knows this...so they have no problem gradually taking perks and other discounts away because they know some people will go back no matter what. Which is fine if that is how you want to spend your money but I don't feel that way. When we first started visiting Orlando we spent 8 days in Disney and 2 in Universal. We are now doing 4 days in Disney and 5 days in Universal. They are losing a couple thousand dollars from our family each year. We will continue to visit Disney as long as we are having fun, but I will not longer pay for 8 days when, IMO, we can do everything now in 4 days. If I ever feel the value has decreased to a point it is not worth going we will stop altogether.....I would do the same at Universal.

On a side note when doing surveys over the phone or online I never give top ratings in every category, especially when they ask about value. I think this gives companies an OK to raise prices or cut back on service.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post

It's all Mel's fault
    Good one
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    The discount was incentive for locals to dine on property.
    I think this hits the nail on the head. Currently Disney is not having any problems getting people into the restaurants, so they do not need the incentives.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

As per many other changes that have been implemented in recent years, Disney does not particularly care if "regulars" come or not. They figure they will replace everyone who is unhappy or somewhat unhappy people will simply put up with the changes. They don't really care either way. Until the numbers go down, that is the way things will be.

If you really disagree with the changes, the only thing you can do is express yourself by not participating and let them know (in a polite and civil way) whenever the opportunity comes.

Post Thanks / Like

It's very possible that if this rumor wasn't a "busdriver" rumor for lack of a better name, it was tossed out to see the reaction. Reaction.....not good....TIW folks say uh, no not going anywhere.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to hear about Boathouse accepting it! Any word on Trader Sam's accepting it?
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: