Quantcast $3 Billion Will Allow Star Wars, Pixar & Indiana Jones Overhaul of DHS - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Interesting that there's no mention of Marvel? You'd think for sure that they'd want to capitalize on this?
    They're not allowed. Universal holds the theme park rights to those characters.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    They're not allowed. Universal holds the theme park rights to those characters.

That's not true. Disney can't use Avengers characters in Florida because of the Universal agreement. Other characters Disney can use and there is an argument about whether or not Guardians of the Galaxy can be used.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by honeybear View Post
    I have ridden the Indiana Jones Adventure ride in California, and I have always wondered, why they did not have that attraction here in Florida.
    IF this is true, I'm very excited about it. However, IIRC, isn't Dinosaur the same ride technology as the Indiana Jones ride from DL?
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    IF this is true, I'm very excited about it. However, IIRC, isn't Dinosaur the same ride technology as the Indiana Jones ride from DL?
    Yes.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but it is carried out SO much better on the Indiana Jones ride. That ride always blows me away. I just rode it last night and it is so, so good. I hate the Dinosaur ride.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I believe it's the same exact track as Dinosaur but with different scenery and story line.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    If they are going to retire this attraction, they should put the movie as an extra on a DVD/Blu-ray set so people can have it.

An example would be what Universal did on the Back To The Future Blu-ray set when they included the pre-show and attraction films from the Back to the Future park attractions.
    That would be amazing, but I won't hold my breath, considering they never even finished releasing all the season of The Muppet Show!

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Yes, but it is carried out SO much better on the Indiana Jones ride. That ride always blows me away. I just rode it last night and it is so, so good. I hate the Dinosaur ride.
    I have to agree. The theme makes it seem like an entirely different ride. DH and I were also blown away by the DL ride. In general I like the parks having some unique, signature rides, but selfishly since we go to WDW much more often, I'd LOVE to see this ride at WDW!!!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    That's not true. Disney can't use Avengers characters in Florida because of the Universal agreement. Other characters Disney can use and there is an argument about whether or not Guardians of the Galaxy can be used.
    Guardians can be used...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Many attractions that are favorites of many guests will disappear. Change may not always be good if it destroys so much of what is important to so many guests.
    Please do not take any offense to this, but what attractions would those be? I am asking out of interest, not just to be argumentative. Other than ToT, RnRRC, TSM, GMR, and maybe ST, all of which will be kept, there is nothing else on my family's Must-Do list. I realize every family has different Must-Do lists. Muppets will be missed a little, but they will do something with the Muppets, especially with the upcoming show. The 3D is really dated. One Man's Dream will probably resurface too - it belongs in MK on Main Street.

I hope all this, or something close, is true. I do not have a problem with them bringing highly successful rides from other parks in, but hopefully they will add some original ones as well. They need to do something - I fear it is going to take forever though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper View Post
    Other than ToT, RnRRC, TSM, GMR, and maybe ST, all of which will be kept, there is nothing else on my family's Must-Do list. .
    So here is another perspective......

ToT, RnRRC, and TSM are totally NOT on our to do list at all. Never were... never will be.

Star Tours, Indiana Jones SHOW (not a ride), Muppetvision 3-D, Lights, Motors, Action, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, the Animation Studio, the Backlot Studio Tour, and One Man's Dream ARE (or were). And the general ambiance of the "Holywood" movie set situation.

So for us, the closing of a lot of stuff is not necessarily an "expansion" of the parks. It is a change to the parks. The park is not getting stuff added TO the park.

So while it will be nice to have an expanded Star Wars presence........ we are giving away something to get it. We likely will miss the other stuff as much as we enjoy the new stuff. Maybe more (don't know yet). If so.... it is most possibly not a "net gain" for our family..... but maybe a "break even".

So I really don't call this a major "expansion"... it is a "change" to the existing parks.

best,

.................john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    So here is another perspective......

ToT, RnRRC, and TSM are totally NOT on our to do list at all. Never were... never will be.

Star Tours, Indiana Jones SHOW (not a ride), Muppetvision 3-D, Lights, Motors, Action, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, the Animation Studio, the Backlot Studio Tour, and One Man's Dream ARE (or were).
    Wow, it shows how different family's Must-do lists can be. Still, while I understand how those type of attractions can be endearing, they certainly are not headliners or what brings people in to a park. I am not necessarily saying that is a good reason for removing them, though - however, I think they have to remove some to make way for the others and I think these make more sense.

Star Tours will still be there. Backlot and Animation are already gone, so they were not even considered for our upcoming list. As for the shows, by their very nature, I do not expect them to be around forever. I think it is reasonable to expect shows to rotate after their popularity has wanned. The removal and changing over of shows has always happened, so I guess I accept it easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Toy Story Mania was alright. I've been on it once. My desire to go again is about on par with my enthusiasm for Mission: Space. I'll go on it if the kids want to go, but otherwise never again.

I like to go on ToT and RnRRC, but they've never been requirements. We've always spent more time on the things that might be going away. At any rate, this is yet another thing I'll sit on the sidelines for and see how it shakes out. At this point, it is quite possible I won't go back to WDW again this decade.

Post Thanks / Like

Will there be changes to the Streetmosphere characters and performers? We *love* Mulch, Sweat, and Shears, and it's always hilarious to catch the street performers. The very best of all of WDW, in our family's opinion. This last time we caught two guys competing against each other doing magic tricks. One looked like a circus cowboy, and the other was like a Chicagoland gangster. They were a ton of fun to watch and interact with.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Will there be changes to the Streetmosphere characters and performers? We *love* Mulch, Sweat, and Shears, and it's always hilarious to catch the street performers. The very best of all of WDW, in our family's opinion. This last time we caught two guys competing against each other doing magic tricks. One looked like a circus cowboy, and the other was like a Chicagoland gangster. They were a ton of fun to watch and interact with.
    Those kinds of "details" are a large part of what makes Disneyworld "special".... at least to me. Atmosphere, the unexpected, the attention to details that most places would just ignore, the "Hidden Mickeys", the humor, tha cast members bothering to see a button and say "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Anniversary", and so on.

best,

.................john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Post Thanks / Like

I complete agree about the Streetmosphere characters and performers and I meant to include them in my earlier posts. I will be deeply saddened if they are gone, as I think they really made HS unique. I typically watch them on Sunset or Hollywood Blvd. near Sunset, which seems like areas they would keep largely intact. If the theme of those areas remains the same, and it could if the 'Hollywood' is still in the park name, then I would hope and think it logical that they would still be there. Of course, Disney has done some things which defy all logic lately.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm okay with this. As long as ToT, RnRRC, Star Tours, and Toy Story Mania stay, I'm good with the changes. We love the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular but, honestly, we've seen it so many times that it's lost its appeal. I, for one, am really excited about the Indiana Jones RIDE. I'd love to experience it without having to go to CA.
    Last edited by TikiLounger; 07-09-2015 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Correcting bad grammar
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TikiLounger View Post
    I'm okay with this. As long as ToT, RnRRC, Star Tours, and Toy Story Mania stay, I'm good with the changes. We love the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular but, honestly, we've seen it so many times that it's lost its appeal. I, for one, am really excited about the Indiana Jones RIDE. I'd love to experience it without having to go to CA.
    Do not hold your breath for the ride... There is not one trusted insider saying the ride is in the plans... Just don't be disappointed if the ride does not come... Be over joyed if it does, with major plussing...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot wait for these improvements to be completed in 2055.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Do not hold your breath for the ride... There is not one trusted insider saying the ride is in the plans... Just don't be disappointed if the ride does not come... Be over joyed if it does, with major plussing...
    Aw! Well? whatever will be, will be. I'll keep my excitement in check for now. I'll just play it cool...
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney characters?

Does anyone else feel this is a calculated attempt to remove Disney characters from the park? It sounds like it will be the only Disney Theme park without Disney. If you removed the Pixar stuff it would all be outside things Disney bought or leased. John Lasseter has to be aware that millions of people love the 2D cartoons just as well as some of the newer things. It's not like Lilo and Sticth are ancient. Heck they were made in that very park!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: