Quantcast Fourth of July live stream

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fourth of July live stream

From the Disney Parks blog:
    " Magic Kingdom Park July 4th fireworks show will stream ‘live’ at 9 p.m. EDT right here on the Disney Parks Blog...This special show features perimeter fireworks launched from around Magic Kingdom Park and an island in Seven Seas Lagoon.
    To make sure you have the best view in the house we are providing two live cameras for you to choose from. One camera in front of Cinderella Castle and the other near Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort to take in the entire perimeter spectacular. Guests viewing from their desktop will be able to switch between the two cameras during the show. Those ‘on the go’ and joining us on mobile devices, will be able to take in the live view from the castle location.
    The live feed starts at 8:50 p.m. on the Disney Parks Blog, with the fireworks show beginning at 9 p.m."
    Yay!!
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonder what the actual delivery method will be, such as Youtube, Ustream, Livestream, etc. It would be better if they used one of those methods, so that people could easily stream them on televisions and such.

Still pretty cool to make this available for all interested people who may not be able to make it out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone able to get this working? No joy from here. Their web server keeps saying it is unable to establish a database connection. Their app must be overloaded.

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to be the only one that was trying to do this. I ended up going to Facebook to find the youtube link.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your post...I am at a party trying to watch on my phone and having the same issue as you had..I will try facebook..Thank you!
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.

Post Thanks / Like

I still can't see it ..Intercot is going to stream Epcot fireworks later on their tWitter feed..So I will try for that one..Makes me wonder aboit all the IT workers that Disney layed off. *Sigh

Post Thanks / Like

That was a total disaster.

The blog said to join them there, on the blog. No where on the blog did it say that it would be streamed live on YouTube. So myself, and thousands of other people, kept trying to bring it up on the blog. We broke it.

IF the blog page even came up, it was just the normal blog page. No streaming video window anywhere to be had. But only about 1 out of every 20 refreshes actually resulted in a web page loading. The rest of the time were just blank pages with database errors and such. The blog server couldn't handle the traffic.

C'mon Disney. You can do better than that.

1. It's 2015. We understand how webservers and the internet works. If you're going to stream something, do the math and figure out what you need to actually pull it off on the back end.

2. If you're going to offer a stream on more than one site, then ANNOUNCE that you're going to do it on more than one site. I didn't see the post on Facebook that it would be on YouTube until after the show was over. That's lame.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    That was a total disaster.
    Typical for Disney. Nice of them to give it a shot, but poor execution. It is amazing the Magic bands and FP+ was not a complete disaster, given the bad track record.

Post Thanks / Like

I posted a negative comment on the Disney Parks Blog and it was deleted with quite a lot of other negative comments. I really felt that they let everyone down and with this..No apology and no mention of posting it later for everyone who missed it.
    sad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofy for pluto View Post
    I posted a negative comment on the Disney Parks Blog and it was deleted with quite a lot of other negative comments. I really felt that they let everyone down and with this..No apology and no mention of posting it later for everyone who missed it.
    sad
    Ditto. I posted a comment during the whole fiasco and it was never approved.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofy for pluto View Post
    Thanks for your post...I am at a party trying to watch on my phone and having the same issue as you had..I will try facebook..Thank you!
    I tried too but I'm not very patient with streaming, so I gave up after a couple of attempts. Too bad.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: