Quantcast Disney Quest Closing - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Not surprised to hear this but probably a good thing if they couldn't keep it updated. I have some fun memories of DisneyQuest and I'll keep those as they are without having to plan for another visit and being disappointed.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It is most certainly not that they could not keep it updated. With the amount of money the Disney company brings in, it was simply a choice to leave it static.

Post Thanks / Like

Ding Dong the attraction is gone!

Won't miss it. But can't say the idea of the NBA experience excites me either. Now the PGA experience would be cool.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoyed DQ a few times my kids loved it. I would let it go quietly into the night if maybe a NFL experience was taking it's place but NBA experience? No thank you very much will not waist my vacation time on basketball.

First trip 1986 ...
    Not enough since then!

Post Thanks / Like

That is too bad, DQ was a nice option and about the only reason, we still had to go to Downtown Disney. (With the lack of unique clothing or souvenirs only available at certain locations,(you can pretty much get the same souvenirs at every park). I agree with many, that the lack of updates and upkeep, was a monetary decision, for WDW management. I can't see this NBA experience doing much better than the Richard Petty driving experience. It appears that the plan for Disney Springs, is to be a overpriced strip mall. And I have had no real desire to return to Universal studios, since the first time we were there in 2000, but as it become glaringly obvious that profits have been put before innovation (there needs to be a balance, and as long as they've been doing this, they should be better at hiding this fact,(understanding of course that they are a for profit business, just, a bit of the magic is lost when that fact seems to be top priority and in your face), anyhow I am ready to go west to DL, and my next trip to Florida will definitely be less Disney.

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad to see this as I always enjoyed Disney Quest. We didn't spend a lot of time there, we would usually go in an evening. 'Pirates of the Caribbean Battle for Buccaneer Gold' was one of my favourites as it was a good one to work together in a team and have fun as a family. On the plus side I guess this means we keep our unbeaten record...

Will also miss some other games with good memories here such as Cyberspace Mountain, Virtual Jungle Cruise and Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters.

I genuinely just had to Wikipedia search NBA to work out if that meant basketball or baseball. That could just be a cultural thing though as neither sport is particularly mainstream in the UK.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Default arcade rooms in hotels?

I remember a post concerning the closing of the hotel arcade rooms? Does anyone know if that actually happened? I think the reason had something to do with florida gambling laws?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gratuspater View Post
    I remember a post concerning the closing of the hotel arcade rooms? Does anyone know if that actually happened? I think the reason had something to do with florida gambling laws?
    That just applied to the prize counters at the larger resort arcades, like the Contemporary. They closed the counters. The arcades are still open.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: