Quantcast "you're going again?" - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We to get this from a lot of family and friends. I just tell them that it is our "Happy Place" and we enjoy being there. Some of our best vacation memories are from DisneyWorld. Our girls are now grown and both have their own daughters. They talk about Disney all the time and how wonderful it is. I even converted our son-in-law last year when he went for the first time. By the second day of us being there he actually apologized to us because he thought we were nuts and then asked how soon we could come back again. LOL

Like others have said it is your money and your time. Spend it the way YOU want to and just ignore others. It is just one of those things that you either get or you dont and never will. I have relatives that go to the same place in Mexico year after year and nobody says anything to them about that.

Enjoy your time with your family and make magical memories!
    OFFSITE 1975
    OFFSITE 1989
    CBR JUNE 2006
    CBR MAY 2007
    CBR OCT 2008-MNSSHP
    AS MOVIE APRIL 2009
    WILDERNESS LODGE DEC 2010-MVMCP
    CBR NOV 2011
    CBR OCT 2013-FREE DINING PIN!

CBR NOV 2014-FREE DINING
    CBR SEPT 2015
    CBR OCT 2016-FREE DINING BOUNCE BACK OFFER

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I tell them its our 'Hawaii' or 'Vegas' and then they seem to pipe down.

Some of these folks have joined us for a trip to WDW, over the years, and it's funny how after they have been there it turns those comments into 'Going back again? We're so jealous!'

Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Just tell them if they're willing to finance your vacation, you'll go whoever they want.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Just ignore it. Do we, as Disney lovers, roll our eyes when others go to the cabin, go fishing at the same lake, or go on a cruise for their vacations every year? I think not. To each their own. Enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

I always get the "let me guess where you guys are going" Hey ya know what!! I love going and UNTIL my kids say it's enough (23/19 &11) then we will stop going, but they are always up for a Disney weekend, so I just ignore all the comments. My dad loves to tell me "you should own stock in Disney" and " I BET they know you by name when you walk in" It's all in fun, At work they know I'm all about Disney so they don't even mention things any more. I make them want to go when I talk about all the fun stuff.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know we don't go as often as a lot of people on here, but we have had cast members recognized us in the past.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdreaming View Post
    Does anyone else get that "you're going again" when you announce your trip to Disney? How should I handle this?
    Say "Yes." Stop talking.

best,

..............john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Post Thanks / Like

"Because we love it!" Is my response, and then I move on. We really don't get it much anymore, either. Like others have said, I'm not sure why WDW gets the hate from some people when almost everyone I know takes the same yearly vacation to the Jersey shore or Outer Banks...heck one person goes to the same exact hotel in Mexico every year. Don't judge my vacation and I won't judge yours.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

you're going again?

such a common question, yet only WDW fans seem to get it the most. Many people go to football games, Nascar races, baseball parks, beaches, cruises, and on and on. Rarely does anyone get asked the "why again" question for any of these bc most simply say that one "is a fan" and it's left at that. Why, I ask, can't someone be a WDW fan?

I love many things, and choose to return for more fun. I go to many Nascar races, me and the Mrs cruise almost yearly, I support my Carolina Panthers and Houston Astros (odd mix I know) staunchly, and I love to visit WDW as close to annually as I can. Nobody close to me questions it, bc I am a fan of all these things.

If you feel the need to defend why you're going, I'd simply be honest. Explain the "fan" culture of WDW and what you love about it. Use examples like us here. I for one, have yet to do and see everything even after 10 trips. Or how that feeling of coming through the gates and seeing the castle down Main Street hits you, or how everyone is just plain nicer and friendlier in WDW. Lots of people won't understand, but you can convince a few, and make even more fans. It's a subculture, like sports, travel, or almost anything. Some people fish, or gamble. I Disney.
    Last edited by SandmanGStefani24; 06-28-2015 at 02:42 AM. Reason: grammar
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

We used to get that reaction. Then we took extended family along. Now, if we go, we're going to have to keep it a secret. I have a nephew who keeps a bag packed, just in case.
    First trip: 1992 with sister, last trip 2018 with grandchild, not done yet!

Post Thanks / Like

I realized at church this weekend that my friends actually ask "So, when is your next trip?" Usually followed by "That's so great that ya'll can do that."
    Faith, Family, Fidelity, Fun

'88 - Honeymoon
    '02 - ASmovie
    '03 - VWL
    '04 - HHI
    '05 - DCL, BCV
    '06 - HHI
    '07 - POR, VWL, POP/BWV
    '09 - BWV, BCV/SSR
    '10 - BWV
    '12 - AKV/BCV, VWL
    '13 - AKV
    '15 - BCV, AKV
    '16 - AKV
    '18 - VWL
    '19 - OKW, THV, GF
    '20 - BWV
    '21 - AKL/OKW

Post Thanks / Like

We get the same thing. We've done the island beaches, Vegas etc etc. and we simply pick Disney time and time again - nothing compares! I don't believe that the people who say this have been there recently or done Disney right. Our group from 26 years old to 56 years old love it all the same. It's funny that the same people to say "Your going there again?!" are the same ones asking if I can bring them back a mickey candy apple, etc.
    Caribbean beach...were jammin'

Post Thanks / Like

Don't let anyone else spoil your fun! Some people just don't get it, and some people are jealous as well. My dad takes a ton of photos each trip, and edits them over a long time period. He'll randomly post stuff on FB, and people are always asking " do you live in Disney?" or "are you in WDW AGAIN! Haven't you been enough!!???". I love going so much, and never let anything anyone says bother me. We work hard and budget, and we've been to Europe and Hawaii, and you know Disney is just my happy place!

Enjoy it! Don't let anyone steal your Disney joy.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Get asked that all the time. It's at the point that whenever I take a few days off, my coworkers ask if I was at WDW. If I say no, like last week when I was in Southern Utah, many of them respond with surprise. I think one even said, "Good for you!" as if I had just reached some sort of milestone or epiphany.

Then I mention that I'm not going to WDW until September, November, and next February.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Not only do I get that all the time - but I also get "You're going in July - are you crazy!?"

No - we travel with teachers & children - who won't miss school!

Its all in what you're used to - I always reply back.

And yes - its my happy place - and I even went there once BY MYSELF. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!!!!
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh...we get so tired of hearing the "you're going again??" speech! Yes, and we absolutely LOVE it!! We've stayed in everything from Value to Deluxe resorts, and have loved them all. We truly believe that you either "get" Disney or you don't. For us, it's the feeling we get from the moment we drive upon property. It's just something you can't explain. We've gotten to where we don't always tell people when we're going now because it's the same ole' thing. Thankful people on here "get" the magic!!
    2002 All-Star
    2004 Port Orleans
    2008 Port Orleans & Disney Wonder

2011 Port Orleans & Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2013 Port Orleans & Boardwalk
    2014 Grand Floridian
    2015 Port Orleans
    2015 Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

We usually go once a year in September, although this year we are opting for a three day Disney cruise instead, and some time with my parents at their house, but I have often gotten the " you're going again " comment. I usually ignore it completely and think to myself, "well at least I won't run into this goofball while I am on vacation and that his family of seven mouthbreathers won't be clogging the lines ."

Post Thanks / Like

Surprisingly, I don't really get those comments. Anyone who knows us knows we perpetually have a Disney trip in the works. Most people tend to be supportive and ask for our help when they finally decide to plan a trip.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Many families rent the same house at the same beach during the same week every year.

I don't argue or to 'sell' a WDW vacation to anyone.

On the other hand I AM a bit mystified at families that never go anywhere but WDW even to the point of like it's some kind of betrayal to visit and enjoy Universal Orlando because it doesn't have the... magic.

We'll go to WDW again and again while the grands are young and probably after they've lost interest in going with us and we won't apologize or explain ourselves to anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I used to get this question alot, and usually it was from my in-laws and said very disapprovingly (or so it seemed). For them it wasn't so much about the location, but the amount of money that we would spend to go on a vacation almost every year. They have lived a very frugal life, and usually would do camping trips, and car trips when my DH and his sisters were growing up, so they thought we were spending our money unwisely. I on the other hand grew up in a family where we would take trips like this multiple times a year, but we would do it in a financially responsible way. I learned at a young age that if I wanted to take vacations like that, that I needed to save in advance and not go into debt for them, but that I would have to forgo other things in order to save. My DH and I both make great incomes, so it's not as much of an issue as it was once upon a time, but the main way I got them to stop answering the question was showing them that we weren't being fiscally irresponsible, and that we love going there. As others have said, it's our money, and our time off from work to spend how we want to, now how they want us to. I also second with making the point that those who usually ask it of us (besides my in laws) are the ones that go to a similar spot for their vacations year after year, and pointing that fact out to them.
    Kristina
    "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you" - Figment & Dreamfinder

Oct 2017 WL
    Oct 2014 WL
    May 2013 WL (DS 1st Trip) - Club Level
    Sep 2010 WL
    May 09 WL
    Oct 08 Poly
    Jun 07 WL (Disneymoon)
    Jul 04 WL
    Apr 2000 GF
    1982-1999 Offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: