Over the years, when I have travelled to DC from the Upstate of SC, I found the fastest, lowest traffic, and most scenic drive was US 29...The Sweet Briar area is beautiful...and since I have flown into the Orlando area since the early 60's, I remember when Orlando APT was smaller than Lynchburg Apt...and like Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens, VA, Sweet Briar would be a delightful 2 or 3 day vacation for significant portions of the Northeast. Interstates 64, 81, 77, and even 95 all pass within an hour of Sweet Briar. Like Kings Dominion and Busch Garden VA, placing it there may limit it to 3 seasons, but is done correctly much of the park could be designed to support year round visitors. I believe that drawing some WDW fans to a new park, supported by Deluxe and Value resorts, and perhaps DVC, would be a great strategy...and much of the northeast, particularly those who couldn't afford an Orlando vacation, would find bus (and potentially bus and rail) excursions much more affordable. I would love to participate in the Imagineering of such a project! I already have ideas for a hybrid of CoP and American Adventure...and a re-imagined World of Motion....and a re-birth of Horizons, telling the history of the US, rather than visions of a new universe...

Love the idea!