Quantcast Zuri’s Sweets Shop: Items Range from Flame Tree BBQ Sauce to 'Animal Dropping' Treat

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Zuri’s Sweets Shop: Items Range from Flame Tree BBQ Sauce to 'Animal Dropping' Treat

6/18/15

Zuri's Sweets Shop opened on June 17th, 2015 as the capstone to the new Harambe Market section at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

The new location features a variety of treats including four somewhat inexplicable confections devised to look like actual animal droppings. The 'Match the Species' series includes Cotton Top Tamarin Poop, Elephant Poop, Giraffe Poop, and Hippo Poop. The seemingly odd offering may be more stomachable than they sound; here are the ingredients for the different droppings:

• Cotton Top Tamarin Poop: Pretzel pearls coated in chocolate peanut butter fudge and sweet rolled oat flakes.
    • Elephant Poop: Chocolate peanut butter fudge with sweet rolled oats and yellow coconut flakes.
    • Giraffe Poop: Rolled Chocolate fudge brownie and caramel.
    • Hippo Poop: Chocolate fudge caramel brownie with peanut butter and rolled oats.

If edible excrement is too exotic for your taste buds, the location also offers more civilized signature confections including:

• Assorted Bulk Candies
    • Assorted Bulk Nuts
    • Dark Chocolate Mickey with Chili Peppers
    • Elephant Carmel Apple
    • Iced Giraffe Cookie
    • Iced Lion Cookie
    • Iced Monkey Cookie
    • Iced Tiger Cookie
    • Iced Zebra Cookie
    • Monkey Carmel Apple

The previously announced Flame Tree Barbeque Rubs and Sauce aren't the only 'taste' of the park Guests can take home, the location also offers bags of Tusker House Coffee.

In addition to the fresh and packaged goodies; the store also has a small section of baskets, mugs, plates, and other African inspired home goods.

6/15/15

Disney Parks has announced that the fifth location in Harambe Market will be a full-scale food retail location. Zuri’s Sweets Shop will offer Guests packaged sweets inspired by the Lion King and Flame Tree Barbeque rubs & sauces.

Delicious Treats Coming to Zuri’s Sweets Shop at Disney’s Animal Kingdom This June

by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager
    The Official Disney Parks Blog
    June 12th, 2015

I’m excited to give you a first look at delicious treats coming to a new shopping experience in Disney’s Animal Kingdom called Zuri’s Sweets Shop. This location will be found at Harambe Market starting June 17. I caught up with Patrice Guy, a merchandiser at Disney Theme Park Merchandise, to learn what guests can expect.

“We have created approximately 80 new items that range from decorative candy apples to uniquely flavored chocolate bars to delicious popcorn,” explained Patrice. “With Zuri’s Sweets Shop, we wanted to offer highly-themed goods inspired by the sights, sounds and flavors of Africa. Many of the items will be unique to this location making them delicious gifts for loved ones, or something special to enjoy during a visit to the park.”

Guests will find three distinct art programs for these new treats. The first program uses characters from Disney’s “The Lion King” including Simba, Timon, and Pumbaa. Guests will find a lollipop shaped like Simba’s paw, animal crackers, and, my favorite, chocolate mini crocodiles.

Colorful patterns and whimsical animals inspired the second art program. Items will include Rice Krispies treats with nods to the animal world, or Mickey Mouse-shaped creamy, chocolate-dipped coconut patties. The five chocolate bar set includes flavors such as milk chocolate with spicy cinnamon and banana chip.

Patrice let me try African Spice popcorn that has a hint of cardamom. It was fantastic (she had to take the bag away from me).

Finally, the location will offer African spice rubs and a gourmet cocoa set. The item I can’t wait to use is a bottle of Flame Tree Barbeque sauce at home! Patrice worked with chefs from Disney’s Animal Kingdom in order to correctly capture the sweet and spicy flavor.
    A selection of the promotional photos:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Another picture of the "poop"
    Left to Right: Elephant, Giraffe, Cotton Top Tamarin, & Hippo

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Our intrepid INTERCOT Field Reporter Christine shared these pictures of the new location on INTERCOT's Facebook and Twitter pages:

Post Thanks / Like

These look great! We'll definitely be picking some up while we're there.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

**Update**

Post Thanks / Like

My 9 year old would buy those items just for the name alone.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Presentation is a big part of taste. Eating items that look like animal droppings would not be on my list of must dos. However, some of the other offerings, like the sauce and rubs, sound interesting!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure yet whether I find the "poop" hilarious or disgusting! A little of both I guess. My kids would totally get these on the name alone. I, on the other hand, will probably never taste them!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I've never been a fan of skatological humor. This seems a bit "beneath" Disney. Still, who am I to judge? I, however, will take a pass on this one...
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Kids will love this!

Post Thanks / Like

I almost when I first saw the picture. Sadly, I will never be able to enjoy these as the base ingredient is peanut butter fudge and I'm allergic to peanuts.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

These look freakin hilarious!! If I'm not mistaken, isn't that in keeping with a Paleo diet?

DH and I will definitely have to eat Poop next time we're there!

BTW, a far better concept in keeping with the theme than the big Starbucks sign.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

OMG! The poop treats! I had to laugh and say "Ewww!" at the same time. The girls think it's hysterical. It will be interesting to see how well they do.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

I think Disney is just testing how far the can push, and see if we'll buy and eat pooh...

Or is that where the food that melts in the lil packages in the gift store goes?
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I find it a bit insulting and think it serves as a sad commentary on what Disney thinks about their consumers' tastes.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    I've never been a fan of skatological humor. This seems a bit "beneath" Disney. Still, who am I to judge? I, however, will take a pass on this one...
    lol!
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Post Thanks / Like

We were just there on the 18th. I was waiting for our party at the Safari entrance, and we tried the giraffe poop while waiting. They are basically just brownies rolled up into balls. They were quite dry. Certainly not worth the price.

On the bright side, Starbucks just opened, and I was able to be my You Are Here mug.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

We've not been to Disney since 2011, so I'm wondering where this new food market is actually located? I remember a few stores across from Tusker House, and a fruit stand, but that's it. Did they get rid of those?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJackson View Post
    We were just there on the 18th. I was waiting for our party at the Safari entrance, and we tried the giraffe poop while waiting. They are basically just brownies rolled up into balls. They were quite dry. Certainly not worth the price.
    Well have you ever tasted Giraffe dung? What'dya expect?
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Figment52
    We've not been to Disney since 2011, so I'm wondering where this new food market is actually located? I remember a few stores across from Tusker House, and a fruit stand, but that's it. Did they get rid of those?
    Harambe Market was built in a previously backstage section.

See Animal Kingdom's Africa Expansion for a pictorial of the expansion. Harambe Market is marked as '2nd Expansion Area'.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: