Quantcast Adding MIL for 2-3 days

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adding MIL for 2-3 days

Our MIL has decided she would like to fly down and visit us for 2-3 days. She'll be flying in to Sanford airport. We are staying at YC. We will not have a car. She wants to know what to do about getting from airport to WDW and if she needs a room. She will be there two nights. She flys in at 9:40 pm. Our vacation starts in less than a month. Any suggestions?!?
    WDW trips 76-77 off site 78-83 Vacation Villas 85,88, Club Lake Villas 88-89-91,95,99-00,03-05,07-08,09-11 Caribbean Beach 96-98,02 Boardwalk Villas 06 Boardwalk Inn/
    Go Boilers!![/FONT]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Sounds like a last-minuitish change of plans!

Firstly, she will need to arrange to get from the airport to the hotel. I'd use Quicksilver (an Intercot sponsor) for that part of the trip.

In terms of the room, it may be up to you. If you're under the max occupancy, and want her to stay with you, you'll be able to add her once you check-in (this is easiest, since if add her before, and you have a package, she will need the same package as you have). Otherwise, she will need to book a room herself (or you could book it for her online).
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Sorry I didn't say who all was going. It is myself, DH, DD(10), and DD(6). We might get a room with two beds and a day bed which would work. I did not request it way back when I made the ressies. So if I call now to add her she would have to have our package ?!? Wow she won't want that. How much will it be for her to get to airport and bsck? I am thinking she doesn't want this trip to be expensive. Also what would I do with fast passes I have and dinner ressies?!? I can't drop them. If I did we wouldn't probably get to do those things. just sooo much to think about. I don't think she gets it. If I add her to our room as an "extra" adult won't I also have to pay a change fee since we are so close?!?
    WDW trips 76-77 off site 78-83 Vacation Villas 85,88, Club Lake Villas 88-89-91,95,99-00,03-05,07-08,09-11 Caribbean Beach 96-98,02 Boardwalk Villas 06 Boardwalk Inn/
    Go Boilers!![/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

You'll be going from a 4 top table to a 6 top. You might not be able to just show up at some work places (BoG). You can try adding her and if not show up and ask. Don't be upset if the answer is no. I'm not sure if they will charge a no show. You can try the same thing with fast pass, but they are more strict. She won't get in without. She will need tickets now to attempt the fast pass.

Post Thanks / Like

To add her now, she will need the same tickets and dining plan options you guy have if you booked a package. If she just shows up, it's an extra adult ($25 a day last I heard).

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I just called to find out what I needed to do. We check in on the 1st and when we do I need to let the CM know that we are going to have an extra guest the following two evenings. I also need to request a room with a day bed when we check in. Then when my MIL arrives we have to be there to check her in. It should cost the $25/day for the extra adult.
    So I have emailed her to let her know these specifics. I am not changing my Fast passes or reservations for that day. Just going to go with the flow on those.
    Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

Go Boilers!![/FONT]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: