Quantcast Royal Pacific Club Level

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Royal Pacific Club Level

Totally splurging this summer doing a split stay between UOR and WDW, and wonderful Wendy at Magical Journeys just booked us a two night stay at Royal Pacific club level. I'm totally clueless about Universal hotels, as the typical day guest can't even see them when visiting the parks. We'll be there in late July over a weekend, so the unlimited express pass will be very welcome.

What can you tell me - pros? cons?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally looking forward to hearing how this is... really haven't heard much about Club Level at Universal. Take lots of pictures.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Just booked a Club room at Portofino with Kathy from Magical Journeys. We have stayed Club level previously here and the whole family loved it. Nice size Club Room located on the first floor.

The food offerings are supposed to be similar at all the Deluxes. We thought the food offerings were very good, no complaints. Can't wait for our trip in December.

So, I would say if the food offering are similar you will probably like it. The Hotels are close to parks so to make a trip back to the Hotel to take advantage of the club room is great. They have water, sodas that you can take with you during the day. Usually there is ice cream in the afternoon. Evening appetizers, and night time cordials and dessert. Enjoy
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

How fun that you're staying club level, Mel! I've seen pictures of the lounge there, it looks really spacious. Jake and I enjoyed staying at RP in March; the lobby and pool area are beautiful. We thought the rooms were a little on the small side, but I think we were mentally comparing it to the deluxe room we stayed in before at the Hard Rock. Are the club level rooms bigger than the standard rooms?

The Express Pass is fantastic, you'll love it for sure. The system to get one was a little different at RP than when we stayed at Hard Rock. After you check in, you go over to the concierge area where they have the Express Pass kiosks. They are self-serve--you put your room key in, take your picture and it spits out the Express Pass.

Only negative I can think of was that the pool area looked pretty shabby by the end of the day when we walked past it on our way back to the room. I don't think the staff there is as conscientious about picking up trash and used towels and straightening up chairs as they are at some of the Disney resorts.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures and hearing what thought of the whole experience!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post

The Express Pass is fantastic, you'll love it for sure. The system to get one was a little different at RP than when we stayed at Hard Rock. After you check in, you go over to the concierge area where they have the Express Pass kiosks. They are self-serve--you put your room key in, take your picture and it spits out the Express Pass.

The process is the same at all of the hotels. They all use the kiosks now. When we stayed at the Hard Rock during ICOT 15 they were already switched over. Prior to that you got them at the front desk at all of the hotels.

IMO there are no cons to staying at a Universal Hotel.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    The process is the same at all of the hotels. They all use the kiosks now. When we stayed at the Hard Rock during ICOT 15 they were already switched over. Prior to that you got them at the front desk at all of the hotels.
    Right, that's what I remember--when we stayed at Hard Rock ( three years ago?) we got our Express Passes at the front desk. Anyway, the kiosks make it a very easy process now.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Right, that's what I remember--when we stayed at Hard Rock ( three years ago?) we got our Express Passes at the front desk. Anyway, the kiosks make it a very easy process now.
    I agree, it does make it an easier process....and it doesn't clog up the front desk for people trying to check in either.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We are currently at the Royal Pacific and couldn't be happier. The service has been great, and the rooms quiet and clean. I think we are spoiled by the Express Pass. My oldest daughter said it perfectly, she said that here "on property really feels like you're on property", there are no long bus lines, parking lots, or trams to deal with. A five minute boat ride from the resort, and you're near the entrance to both parks. I have to admit, this is our first time staying at Universal, and we are very impressed. I'm guessing that it will be included in our "Disney" trip from now on.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eandrsmom View Post
    We are currently at the Royal Pacific and couldn't be happier. The service has been great, and the rooms quiet and clean. I think we are spoiled by the Express Pass. My oldest daughter said it perfectly, she said that here "on property really feels like you're on property", there are no long bus lines, parking lots, or trams to deal with. A five minute boat ride from the resort, and you're near the entrance to both parks. I have to admit, this is our first time staying at Universal, and we are very impressed. I'm guessing that it will be included in our "Disney" trip from now on.
    Very nice to hear!!! I'm glad you guys are having such a nice trip. My boys won't want to move to Disney when our two nights at Universal are up.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: