Quantcast cons to Universal - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    If you are OK with Star Tours you should be OK with the Universal Attractions.
    I have to take a break after I do Star Tours, so I will plan that break time in after those rides.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Another con would be for folks who get motion sickness on simulator type rides. They use this format pretty heavily at Universal. This proved to be a real problem on our last trip and is the reason I will not hurry back to Universal.
    YES! I have to agree with this. One day we started out with Forbidden Journey, went to Spiderman and then the Simpsons and I was DONE. Simpsons is really intense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    For those of us not into so-called "thrill rides" and aggressive water park stuff...... not much there to attract us.

We discussed going this time to see the Harry Potter section stuff on a day away from Disney World........ but decided the $$$$ to basically go and look at some scenery and shop was totally crazy.

I think there are "core markets" for each of those parks....... as it should be.

What is that saying.... "a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want top live there"?

best,

.................john
    I don't mind waiting so much. There are many rides at Disney that I can't ride - ToT, RnR, Space Mountain, EE, etc. I usually watch to see my family's picture pop up. If the line is really long, I'll wander through the gift shops or take a break on a bench.
    Plus, I'll have tons of new things to take pictures of.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Universal because I love my rides intense. However, taking a step back I do agree with others-Universal could do a better job of creating rides the whole family can enjoy together. From the 2 year olds to the grandparents. My mom gets motion sickness very easily do there isn't a whole lot to do at Universal for her as opposed to the Disney parks.

Also, and this is just my personal preference when it comes to rides, Universal is becoming very screen based with attractions. A lot of 3D rides, and a lot of motion simulators. Now, don't get me wrong, they are fun, but I just prefer more rides that actual do what the simulators simulate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    I love Universal because I love my rides intense. However, taking a step back I do agree with others-Universal could do a better job of creating rides the whole family can enjoy together. From the 2 year olds to the grandparents. My mom gets motion sickness very easily do there isn't a whole lot to do at Universal for her as opposed to the Disney parks.

Also, and this is just my personal preference when it comes to rides, Universal is becoming very screen based with attractions. A lot of 3D rides, and a lot of motion simulators. Now, don't get me wrong, they are fun, but I just prefer more rides that actual do what the simulators simulate.
    Family rides, they are a'coming...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

My youngest just turned 8,and this is the first year that she's been brave enough and tall enough to ride most of the rides. Some have been a bit intense for her, but she loved most of them. That being said, if Universal concentrates on adding more family rides for young children, they will gain more business. This is our first visit back in two years, because we didn't feel like there was much to offer young children.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: