Quantcast Disney visa cards?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney visa cards?

I have no idea where to post this at, so just posting it here...

Are the Disney Premier cards and the Disney visa cards really worth it? Ive been thinking about getting one, but only 1% back on a full dollar of purchases, besides the 10% off merchandise, is kind of lacking to me.

Any good?
    Been to Disney over 20 times...
    Last Trip: September 2014! All Star Sports
    Next Trip: September 2015???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masonlovesdisney View Post
    I have no idea where to post this at, so just posting it here...

Are the Disney Premier cards and the Disney visa cards really worth it? Ive been thinking about getting one, but only 1% back on a full dollar of purchases, besides the 10% off merchandise, is kind of lacking to me.

Any good?
    Probably as good a place as any - since you essentially have the card to accumulate $$ towards Disney items.

Are they any good? Probably from a pure credit card standpoint - not that great, especially if you don't pay your balance off every month.

That being said, I know a lot of folks (moderators included) have them just for the coolness of the card. It's a way of showing others that you have a love for Disney.

I'll be honest, I had one but the novelty wore off.

Me, I carry my Amex Gold rewards card and that's good enough for me.

Good article on the best cards for different reasons is here -
    http://www.nerdwallet.com/the-best-credit-cards
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

The premiere card has been great for us. We use it for all our normal monthly charges and pay it in full every month. We get 2% on gas, groceries, and restaurants. Our Target store counts as "grocery" which is great. I have enough rewards dollars to buy a Deluxe DL Annual Pass. And that is only rewards earned since November.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We use the credit card for most of our purchases and do pay off the balance in full every month. Primarily, we have used the card to purchase annual passes and, most recently, our park passes at Disneyland.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I should mention that I am all about leveraging credit cards for the associated perks. I have an Amex Gold that has been great and our annual fee gets waived because of our military status.

We initially got the Disney Visa because they were offering a $200 Disney Gift card after you spent $500 on the card in the first three months. A free $200 was a stellar deal and the basic card has no annual fee. The upgraded Premiere card still only has a $69 annual fee which is not bad.

My husband and I each applied for a Southwest Visa and were approved. The offer at the time was 50,000 bonus miles. We were able to buy six flights with that so it was well worth it. When we are planning a trip somewhere we switch to the SW visa for everyday purchases and have more free tickets in no time.

The key is to keep the balances at $0 and rotate using them as your situation changes.

We will be buying 4 DL annual passes next month so have been racking up Disney rewards dollars like mad to take some of the edge off the price.

Forgot to mention, the Premiere Disney Visa also lets you use your reward dollars to book flights on any airline, anytime. They simply credit your account after you book the flight through their portal.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Six flights with 50k points? Where did you go?

That offer is still good but the card does cost 100 bucks a year I believe. Still would be worth getting and canceling after year one.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use credit cards. If you are looking solely for the credit card benefits, I couldn't say one way or another. I do have the Chase Disney debit card though, and I still got all the discounts in the parks that you get with the credit card. It may be another alternative for you.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Six flights with 50k points? Where did you go?

That offer is still good but the card does cost 100 bucks a year I believe. Still would be worth getting and canceling after year one.
    The four of us flew to CA from VA. Then I flew to Orlando from VA and my husband flew from VA to Chicago.

I am REALLY good at finding cheap airfare on Southwest. Each flight leg cost around 8,000 points or so.

And, they do charge you $99 per year, but they also give you $99 worth of Southwest Points (AND four drink coupons) on your card anniversary, so it's a wash.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We have a Disney Visa. We use it exclusively to pay for our trips and get the extra points and rewards. We don't carry a balance or use it for anything else. I think it works well the way we use it.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You also get 6 months no interest in Disney vacations. Also if you use to book a Disney cruise you get $50 onboard credit just for using the Disney Visa card. I don't have the premier card just the regular card.
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

Post Thanks / Like

We have the Premier card as well, and really find it a nice way to rack up some extra savings for our trips to Disney. Plus with the premier card we can use those dollars towards a credit for plane tickets that we purchase using the card too. Maybe not the best use of the dollars, but if we didn't have a trip coming up and had a lot of dollars that would be another option.

We charge everything to the card and pay it in full every month, so we rack up quite a few dollars, as some of our highest purchase categories are gas, grocery, and restaurant which all earn 2%. I love the fact they count Target as grocery so that we earn 2% there too.

One of the reasons I like it over some of the other rewards cards where you earn cash back, is that I can use my dollars at any time. Once the statement closes the dollars are available to be used. What I've found with quite a few of the cash back cards is that you get a check or the cash back once a year. I'm sure not all of them are like that, but depending on when they do their cash back it might not work with my trip plans (if that makes sense).

For us it's been a great card to have, and the 0% for 6 months for Disney travel is nice too. We've used this once, where we decided more last minute to go, and didn't want to withdraw the trip amount from our savings account right that minute since we had an unexpected large purchase come up, and we knew we'd have the money to cover the trip within the following 2-3 months. It's definitely a personal preference if it makes sense for you.
    Kristina
    "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you" - Figment & Dreamfinder

Oct 2017 WL
    Oct 2014 WL
    May 2013 WL (DS 1st Trip) - Club Level
    Sep 2010 WL
    May 09 WL
    Oct 08 Poly
    Jun 07 WL (Disneymoon)
    Jul 04 WL
    Apr 2000 GF
    1982-1999 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We have the Premier card as well. We pay it off every month. We love it!

Our last trip we had $1000.00 to apply to our stay at AKL. There is no way that we'd be able to stay there unless there is some sort of discount, 30% off was available this last trip, PLUS the rewards we had saved made the trip a reality

For us, anyway, the annual fee pays for itself when we go to WDW every year or 2
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

If you spend more than $50 on souvenirs, would you have to choose the 10% or applying the reward dollars?
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by i'm grumpy View Post
    If you spend more than $50 on souvenirs, would you have to choose the 10% or applying the reward dollars?
    No. You get the 10%. Rewards dollars are placed onto a separate card that is basically a gift card. You can show your Disney Visa for the discount and then pay with the Rewards gift card.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

The card also gives you a free 5 x 7 photo with characters at designated locations in Epcot and DCA. Characters vary.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Great! Thanks.

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

We love our Disney Visa! We had the regular one for a long time, then upgraded to the premier a few years ago. Like others have said, there are likely better rewards programs out there if you compare, but you have to look at what you'll really use them for. We rarely fly, so getting miles doesn't appeal to us.

As others have said, you only benefit from the reward dollars if you pay it off in full every month. We use it for all of our daily expenses and pay it off every month. We typically go to WDW every other year, so we've had some very nice rewards balances to use on trips.

One thing that I really, really love is that 1 Disney Dollar actually equals $1. Nothing annoys me more than a program that uses a points system with inflated points compared to the offerings. Like, say, you need 15,000 points to get $5, or 30,000 points to get a toaster. No thank you.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    We rarely fly, so getting miles doesn't appeal to us.
    One of the choices with the Premier Visa is you can use your reward dollars as a credit against airfare on your statement. So even though you're not getting mileage points you still have that option.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

manutd1 Guest

We have the Disney visa. Love it. Whenever a family member needs to make a big purchase....I do it. Then they pay me. It all adds up!

Post Thanks / Like

I asked at all the stores. Only one said I could have the 10% with the rewards card.

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: