Quantcast Connecting Rooms at the WL

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Connecting Rooms at the WL

Okay my Intercot colleagues I'm beginning the initial research / planning phase of next years trip and what I have is a medium size group (Nana's & Papa's), Nephews and other extended family members (exact headcount not finalized yet) coming with us but between 6 to 9. This will be the first time my Mom has been back to DW since I was a teen and that was a WHILE AGO... so to make this a special trip and to accommodate an extra head or two we are looking at getting a deluxe room which are always CL and we wanted to have a standard 2 queen or queen and bunk bed connecting room which also needs to be CL to ensure everyone gets equal treatment. The question I have is aren't all standard CL rooms on the 6th & 7th floor. Out of 25 Deluxe rooms only 4 would be on the 6th floor and none on the 7th, so would the WL just make a room next to one of the other 21 Deluxe rooms a CL standard to accommodate if the ones on the 6th were already taken? I ask this now as I need to plan out and know how to exactly ask for this request. Oh and to start socking away the cabbage to pay for all of this.

I know someone's going to suggest booking a larger room at VWL but that's not a option for this trip as consensus is to stay in the main lodge due to a number of reasons.

I look forward to hearing you insight and expert opinions.
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC
    1974, 77, 83 & 1995 - Off site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they would accommodate that request. I'm not a fan of heights and I was able to get a standard on the 1st floor with CL access last year. I would call and explain to them exactly what you need. I'm going to dig around and see if I can find the direct CL line for you. I'm actually going to be there next week so I see what information on the best way to book I can get for you.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

VWL MOM...I'm there too beginning the 29th for ten nights...maybe we will run into each other
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I think they would accommodate that request. I'm not a fan of heights and I was able to get a standard on the 1st floor with CL access last year. I would call and explain to them exactly what you need. I'm going to dig around and see if I can find the direct CL line for you. I'm actually going to be there next week so I see what information on the best way to book I can get for you.
    Thank you Lynn you are always so helpful I do appreciate it.
    Anything you can find out or snag from the CL concierge while you're there would be great!
    I'm having major withdrawals right now as next week is always the week we go... but we've held off for a few years to let Disney complete several of their major projects across the World and the DW was about to strangle me I think if I took here there for another vacation The DD and I just love this place though.

Oh and I think I made one mistake on my original post. There should be 5 Deluxe rooms on the 6th floor not 4. There are 2 rooms on the end of each wing and 1 room in the "bend" of the south wing that directly faces out toward the lake.
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can add CL to the connecting room for a fee. It will be something like $150/night extra.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Yes, you can add CL to the connecting room for a fee. It will be something like $150/night extra.
    Natalie, thank you I didn't know that.

- This brings up a 2 part question / observation then.

1) If you book a CL standard room from the onset then like Lynn stated any room can be deemed a CL room to make it connected to one of the Deluxe room correct? I think this is what you are saying as well.

2) OR are you saying it would it be better to book a generic standard room and then upgrade it to a CL room upon arrival?

Doing the quick math if it were a $150 a night upcharge it seems it would make better sense to pre-book a CL classed room.

Scenario: Say for instance a Standard courtyard view room was $279 a night (assuming some form of room only discount was going on like the 30% right now) if you added the $150 to that it would be about $429 an night and that's $70 more expensive a night than the current discounted CL Standard which is right around $360 a night. These are not exact figures as I don't have the pricing pulled up at the moment but close.

As with all things Disney I guess you have to do your homework in advance to make sure you get the best pricing possible.
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC

Post Thanks / Like

I think you have to book the connecting room at the prevailing rate for a CL room. The math works out to *approximately* $150 more per night. But not exactly. If you book a Deluxe room and want to guarantee that the other room connects, I believe it will be priced as a CL room as well.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't care about the rooms connecting, and your want to guarantee CL access, the only way is to book a standard CL room. If you want to take a chance and try to add CL access once you arrive, it may be available, but maybe not. If it IS, that is when the up charge will be mentioned.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    VWL MOM...I'm there too beginning the 29th for ten nights...maybe we will run into each other
    If you see someone having sipping coffee and watching sunrise at the beach, that's me :-)
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

I think you have to book the connecting room at the prevailing rate for a CL room. The math works out to *approximately* $150 more per night. But not exactly. If you book a Deluxe room and want to guarantee that the other room connects, I believe it will be priced as a CL room as well.
    Gotcha! In this situation we need to guarantee that the rooms connect.

If you don't care about the rooms connecting, and your want to guarantee CL access, the only way is to book a standard CL room. If you want to take a chance and try to add CL access once you arrive, it may be available, but maybe not. If it IS, that is when the up charge will be mentioned.
    That was the other thing I wondered about. If "any" room can be deemed a CL room and all rooms on the 7th floor and a lot on the 6th are already designated as CL rooms then wouldn't they have to reach a theoretical maximum capacity for number of persons and stop converting standard rooms to CL standard rooms?
    From what you're saying I think the answer would be yes. So if you didn't guarantee in advance then you run a risk at arrival.

Thank you very much for your help!
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post

That was the other thing I wondered about. If "any" room can be deemed a CL room and all rooms on the 7th floor and a lot on the 6th are already designated as CL rooms then wouldn't they have to reach a theoretical maximum capacity for number of persons and stop converting standard rooms to CL standard rooms?
    From what you're saying I think the answer would be yes. So if you didn't guarantee in advance then you run a risk at arrival.

Thank you very much for your help!
    Exactly. The CL has an upper limit of guests at any given time but if there are rooms empty on the CL and they have the staff to support more, they will allow you to add CL access or upgrade rooms at arrival.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. The CL has an upper limit of guests at any given time but if there are rooms empty on the CL and they have the staff to support more, they will allow you to add CL access or upgrade rooms at arrival.
    As it would have to be or they would not be able to stock and manage the Old Faithful Club and assist guest in a manner that is expected.

Always a wealth of knowledge!
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC

Post Thanks / Like

I did speak with the hotel manager. He said to go ahead and book the rooms and request connecting. Then contact him directly and he will take care of it. They will, if need be, assign a deluxe with a connector on a lower floor and give everyone club access. I'll send you his contact information.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Lynn,
    I received your message and thank you very much!

I truly appreciate you taking your personal time to find this out for us.

Your the best!
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC