Quantcast Disney Water

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney Water

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Water

I'm trying to decide between bringing reusable type water bottles or bringing bottled water. I don't like the water fountain water. Is the free ice water that you get at the parks the same water or is it filtered? Does it taste better?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

All Disney water is actually filtered. Yeah, it'll have a slightly different taste but most of the water is really fine. I don't notice the sort of sulfer taste that used to be in Florida water. Some people still swear they taste it but I sometimes think that's tasting what you expect. Either way, it is filtered.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

The ice water doesn't taste any different from any other water. It might be just because it is so cold, but I've never disliked the taste of the free ice water.

I wouldn't bother bringing water with you. It is so easy to get a cold cup whenever you need it.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Brita portable water bottles. They have a filter inside which takes all of the unpleasant taste out of the water.

Post Thanks / Like

We filled reusable water bottles from the sinks in our room each night and put them in the refrigerator until we left the room the next morning. We carried the liquid water flavors (Crystal Lite or Mio) to add to the water as we refilled during the day and didn't notice the strong sulfur flavor that I used to always notice. The water in Orlando tasted (and smelled) MUCH better than the water we've experienced in other parts of Florida. It seems the water from the fountains in Magic Kingdom (probably being the oldest pipes) was most likely to have an odor or taste.
    Caribbean Beach- June 1992
    Dixie Landings- July 1994 and March 1996
    Port Orleans Riverside- June 2005
    All Star Sports- September 2006
    Boardwalk Villas- June 2008
    Port Orleans Riverside- September 2009 and October 2014

Pop Century- August 2015

Post Thanks / Like

So, can you just go up to any counter service and ask for ice water? Will they give you more than one? I have 5 kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Water is free, but I find it unacceptable to drink...the CMs actually smirk when they hand you the cup.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

We also use a Brita bottle at the parks. I don't think it's a sulfur taste more of a metallic taste. The Brita helps with it but if I drink the water fountain water for a week my mouth and teeth always feel weird and sensitive, where as I usually don't have that problem. We also know which fountains are cold and certain ones taster better than others. For example the water fountains exiting star tours always is cold and tastes good. We sometimes ride just to get this water. Also the fountains at the International gateway in epcot are tasty.
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Hog - Any good fountains in MK or AK?

manutd1 Guest

Never had any problems with the fountains....its cold and free. And yes, most were cold here of late. Especially the ones in frontier land and liberty square. Taste like florida water but hey free is free.

Post Thanks / Like

I bring a little bottle of MiO and squirt that in all my waters. That way, I am staying hydrated but don't have to taste the yucky Disney water!
    #rundisney

Marathon Weekend Half Marathon: 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015

Next Trip: Wine and Dine Half Marathon-November 2015 (trip 24)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by momof3+twins View Post
    So, can you just go up to any counter service and ask for ice water? Will they give you more than one? I have 5 kids.
    My experience is that any service area that offers fountain drinks will give you free cups of ice water. Many times we receive the large cup filled with ice and water. On occasion you'll find an area that only offers small, child-size cups.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I have had no problem at all asking to get more than one cup of the ice water for myself at a time.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

I lived in Florida for a couple of decades and attended the parks many many times with out of town guests and many of them have gotten sick on park water regardless of filtering or not. I wouldn't chance it. Just my opinion, but too many I know have had the trots and what not because of it and that can ruin a good time. Good luck to you.
    Sarah K.
    85-87 Campground - 89 CAbins
    91 The Tree House Villas - 2001 Nov. Lake Buena Vista Best W.
    2002 Movies - 2002 Sports
    2003 Music - 2004 Cabins
    2006 DW Movies
    2013 DisneyLand- Embassy Suites S
    2014 Disneyland-Anaheim Plaza
    2015 Disneyworld Sports
    2017 DL?

Post Thanks / Like

We used refillable water bottles last trip. I intend on using them again this trip, but will have lemonade packets as my son just won't drink plain water. The water in the fountains was plenty cold and didn't have a taste to me. But we filled the bottles the night before and chilled them in the fridge overnight before heading out.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

I have lived in several places around the country, from the midwest to the northeast to Florida and now in Texas and have never noticed that much of a difference between water palatability. Tap water in Florida is filtered to remove the sulfur odor and treated to the same standard as all other areas of the U.S. If you don't get sick on the water in your hometown, you won't get sick on it in Florida. Unless, of course, the person before you at the water fountain or in your hotel room has some kind of virus and contaminated the knobs.

That said, some people I know swear by the use of those Fit Top filtered bottles. That might be something to check out.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    My experience is that any service area that offers fountain drinks will give you free cups of ice water. Many times we receive the large cup filled with ice and water. On occasion you'll find an area that only offers small, child-size cups.
    Did this on my recent trip. Worked out great and didn't use up all the snack credits from the dining plan on drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    Water is free, but I find it unacceptable to drink...the CMs actually smirk when they hand you the cup.
    Most are probably smirking because that is one less sale they make during their shift. The water from the CS stands/kiosks/restaurants seems to be well filtered -- it IS the same water used to mix with the soda syrup.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    This unacceptable water is also used to make coffee, tea, the ice you use in your tonics, etc. We have been going for years and have always asked for a cup of ice water when we needed it. I find there is no taste to it at all and have NEVER EVER had a CM smirk at me. In fact, even though we're on the dining plan, I also ask for an ice water with my counter service meal during the day just to keep hydrated.

We do take ONE bottle with us and keep it in our bag only to refill it from the free ice water because you can take the bottle on rides but you can't take the cup.

Post Thanks / Like

Had to laugh at this and the unacceptable water. Been going since 1974 and have never had an issue because of drinking the tap water at Disney.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up on super cold, super fresh well water. No taste whatsoever. Even now at the age of 42, I can't drink ANY municipal water anywhere. It all has an odd taste to me that I've never been able to handle without feeling .

I sometimes take a bottled water into the parks with me, sometimes I don't. I don't drink much (my DH calls me a camel), and can go quite long without drinking. I can't sip water all day... just makes me ill. I'd rather stop for an unsweetened iced tea when I feel the need to drink something (or a beer in Germany!). We go in October, December and sometimes early May, so it's never sweltering hot when we visit. Plus I hate carrying more than I have to, and don't use a bag large enough to hold a water bottle. Also don't want to wear one on a strap around my neck.

That said, 99% of people here will disagree with me on that, so I'll just say if you don't like any taste (metallic, chlorine, sulfur, etc), take bottled water or use a Brita bottle. OR, bring flavor packets.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: