Quantcast California Grill Fireworks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default California Grill Fireworks

Just booked California Grill for the first time, super excited to try it, have 2 questions. #1 Do you have to go to outside to see fireworks or can you watch from table? #2 The nights we were looking at going there are the same nights that the Christmas parties are going on. SInce the fireworks are the different holiday fireworks will they still play the music or whatever they usually do? Not sure what they actually "usually do"? Thanks!
    Everybody's got a laughing place!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The best view is from outside... that said you could watch from inside through the windows or possibly even your table depending on where you are sitting.

The music is synced with the current show so you don't have to worry there
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Btw, it's one of the best dining experiences at Disney. Try the sushi if you are into that. I could eat at the bar there every night of my trip. Between the food and panoramic views, you can't go wrong.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Btw, it's one of the best dining experiences at Disney. Try the sushi if you are into that. I could eat at the bar there every night of my trip. Between the food and panoramic views, you can't go wrong.

Thanks so much! It would be nice to be able to enjoy to christmas fireworks since we are not able to go to the party. And I love sushi!
    Everybody's got a laughing place!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I agree that it is a great dining experience. It is tied with Narcoossee's for our favorite WDW restaurant. When we ate there last October, we had a late reservation, about 15 minutes before the fireworks. We placed our order for champagne, charcuterie, then sushi for dinner. Our waiter brought us our champagne so we could take it outside to enjoy while watching the fireworks, but held our appetizer. After the fireworks were finished, the waiter brought out the charcuterie plate when we returned to the table.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Plus,

even if you eat there earlier in the day - before the fireworks - you will be allowed to go back up to the observation deck to view the fireworks.

We watched Hallo-Wishes from there in October. It's a great place to see the show, and gives you a very unique view of things.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I agree that it is a great dining experience. It is tied with Narcoossee's for our favorite WDW restaurant. When we ate there last October, we had a late reservation, about 15 minutes before the fireworks. We placed our order for champagne, charcuterie, then sushi for dinner. Our waiter brought us our champagne so we could take it outside to enjoy while watching the fireworks, but held our appetizer. After the fireworks were finished, the waiter brought out the charcuterie plate when we returned to the table.
    This is our situation for July...late reservation. So will the waiter be ok with "holding" our meal, and waiting for the fireworks to finish? I'd like to go outside for them if possible, but didn't know how the waiter would handle it if we are mid-meal.

Thanks!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

The wait staff at Disney is completely used to people pausing their meals for characters, fireworks, and the ELC. It is more the norm than the exception. On our last trip to Narcoosses, everyone eating at the neighboring tables all exited to view Wishes. It was mass exodus and like I said completely the norm. My only statement would be to inform your server of your plan so they can time your meal properly. So eat, view, and definitely enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

BEST out of park location for Wishes if you aren't saying at a monorail resort. If you enjoy hot tea the presentation of the teapot and the dishware and ingredients to put in your tea are fun. They have sugar cubes- brown and white, which my daughter thought was cool. And I love the tea cups. (Can you tell we are into tea big time at our house?). My daughter and I enjoy going for dessert and tea in the evening. We normally do go outside to watch- it is fun to look around. Have a great time!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

We just booked California grill for a Monday night at 9:10 pm with Wishes at 10pm. 1st time eating here.
    Can you also see the Electric Water Pageant from here also?
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yungbuck73 View Post
    We just booked California grill for a Monday night at 9:10 pm with Wishes at 10pm. 1st time eating here.
    Can you also see the Electric Water Pageant from here also?
    Depending on where we were seated, we have seen the Electrical Water Pageant from this location but, because we were indoors, did not hear the music that goes with it.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: