Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - May 23-June 8, 2015

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - May 23-June 8, 2015

I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Saturday pm, May 23, 2015
    Tomorrow I'm leaving for Europe for 3 weeks with Adventures By Disney. Looking forward to a great time! However, I don't know how much I'll be able to update the forecast. I'll certainly do so as I'm able, but when I miss a day the best places to check are the local TV affiliate here and the National Weather Service here. You're better off ignoring the "fill in your zip code" sites which don't have any human interaction.

Another high today at 91-92 with plenty of sun. No significant rain through Saturday. There's a chance of pop up scattered thunderstorms each afternoon. Though those can be intense they're also fairly brief. The highs for tomorrow through Tuesday will be around 90, give or take a degree or two. Wednesday through Saturday highs should be 86-88.

Long range...May 31-June 8 looks like more of the same. High around 90 with pop up afternoon thunderstorms. Typical summertime pattern.

Travel Issues
    No major delays today. For tomorrow, thunderstorms could potentially cause some delays over TX, LA, AR, OK, KS, NE, MO, and IL.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here and here to learn a lot about turbulence and other issues that sometimes cause anxiety when flying. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Chris,we are leaving 5/9 so I will be checking daily. Appreciate the work you put into this!
    May'98-WL
    Sept'01-POFQ
    Oct'03-ASM
    Aug'04-CBR & Charley
    Dec'05- WL-Joined DVC
    June'06- DL's Grand Californian
    Nov '06 SSR
    Oct '07 SSR with extended family
    Oct '08 Disney Wonder/OKW
    Nov '09 AKV @ Kidani
    Nov '10 Kidani
    Nov '11 VWL
    May-June 13 Kidani
    Feb-March '14 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

My pleasure! I hope you have a great time.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Long range...May 11-13 stays dry and in the mid 80s. Thunderstorms move in for May 14.
    Thank you for this. I'll be there May 10-14. I'm fine with thunderstorms on the day I leave.

If this forecast holds up, it will be the exact opposite of my Spring 2014 trip. It rained every day and finally stopped the day before I left.

Post Thanks / Like

As always, thanks for the updates to the forecast. Every year we look to you for guidance and every year you have been 'spot on'! Thanks for all that you do. Arriving May 18th and looking forward to a hopefully sunny and hot week.
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

We are leaving in 2 days . Appreciate the weather report
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

thanks. arriving 6-2 for 6 nights
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

everything ok? no update in 2 weeks?
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cuteduck223 View Post
    everything ok? no update in 2 weeks?

Chris is fine. Just enjoying a great vacation of his own.

Post Thanks / Like

goos to know i check the weather from time to time just to see what im missing
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

Chris had suggested in the first post of this thread checking one of the local TV affilates or NWS. I looked them over and here is a summary. Remember, unlike Chris, I have never been a meteorologist at any point of my career, so I am not equipped to answer any in-depth weather questions like him nor to forecast "voodooland".

TONIGHT: Storms move west through the evening, then turn partly cloudy overnight Lows in the lower 70s with a light wind.

Tuesday-Friday- Normal Florida summer weather. Scattered afternoon thunder showers/storms chance at 50%. Highs in the low 90's and lows in the low 70's at night
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Chris had suggested in the first post of this thread checking one of the local TV affilates or NWS. I looked them over and here is a summary. Remember, unlike Chris, I have never been a meteorologist at any point of my career, so I am not equipped to answer any in-depth weather questions like him nor to forecast "voodooland".

TONIGHT: Storms move west through the evening, then turn partly cloudy overnight Lows in the lower 70s with a light wind.

Tuesday-Friday- Normal Florida summer weather. Scattered afternoon thunder showers/storms chance at 50%. Highs in the low 90's and lows in the low 70's at night
    Good job ChristineI vote for you to be the official back up weather forecaster when Chris is not available.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekend forecast

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom15 View Post
    Good job ChristineI vote for you to be the official back up weather forecaster when Chris is not available.
    Thanks, Jodie!

Here is the forecast through the weekend-

Thursday: Partly to mostly cloudy. Few morning showers. Scattered afternoon showers and storms (40%). Highs in the lower 90s. SW/SE wind 5-10 mph.

TONIGHT: Evening showers and storms east. Lows in the lower 70s. Partly cloudy.

FRIDAY: Partly cloudy. A few afternoon showers and storms (30%) pushing west. Highs in the lower 90s. SE wind 10-15 mph.

The weather forecast from WESH says there will be a gradual drying out, so while there will still be a chance of showers on Friday, it won't be as severe as was seen yesterday in places like Tampa. I saw pictures from South Tampa and we would have needed to have a boat to get to my Mom's old condo or to the church where my father's funeral was held!

This weather pattern looks like it will hold through Tuesday, when it looks like there is a front coming through (at least to my untrained eye).
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: