Quantcast Can Friends Come to My Resort's Pool?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can Friends Come to My Resort's Pool?

We are staying at the Yacht Club. My daughter's friend's family are staying at Pop Century. We booked our trips so that we can meet up a couple of times while in WDW. Are they allowed to come swim with us at the Yacht Club one afternoon?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably not. They require proof of being a resort guest for everyone trying to enter the pool area, kids included. You would have a much easier time joining them at the Pop pool.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I would imagine the answer from Disney will be "no". They are very diligent about making sure only BC/YC guest use this pool. You might have better luck at other resorts, but I doubt you'll have much luck here.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeespaw View Post
    We are staying at the Yacht Club. My daughter's friend's family are staying at Pop Century. We booked our trips so that we can meet up a couple of times while in WDW. Are they allowed to come swim with us at the Yacht Club one afternoon?
    Although some resorts might allow you to bring guests to the pool with you if you ask them, the Yacht Club is likely not one of them. Even vacation club members who have pool hopping privileges are not allowed to use this pool.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

There is a quiet pool at the Yacht club, out in the back. No one will stop your friends from joining you at that pool.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I would ask guest services at the resort whether it's okay for your friends to join you at any of the Yacht Club pools. If it's a busy time of year they may say no, but you never know. This would be true of any resort, even if you wanted to go swim at Pop Century with your friends. It's always best get permission when it comes to outside guests using the pool area.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

The Yacht and Beach Club main pool has the most restricted access of any resort pool on property. It's gated, and each person entering the pool area needs a magic band showing that they're a registered guest of YC/BC/BCV.

You can ask a lifeguard for permission to have your friends join you. Guest services can't help you; the lifeguards 'own' the pool area and it's their decision.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think the answer to this is no. YC/BC pool is so restricted. We went to take pictures of it after dinner at Cape May Cafe one night last year and we couldn't even get near the pool, before a lifeguard came over to ask us for our magic bands. We told him we were just taking pictures. You must be a guest staying at that specific resort to use the pool.
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just there last month. The whole pool area is gated and they ask to check your magic bands before entering.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you !

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: