Quantcast Rose and Crown

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Rose and Crown

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rose and Crown

We had dinner at the Rose and Crown Saturday night just before 7pm. I am one that loves a good time and a good party, however the Pub was totally out of control. We've eaten and drank there many many times in the 20 years we have been driving to WDW, however Saturday was the rowdiest, loudest, most uncontrolled that I have ever seen it. To the point where we all could not wait to leave. The drunks found there way to the dining room... loud, obnoxious and vulgar. We did complain, for all good that did. Thank goodness we had VIP spots for Illuminations. I will not return any time soon.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear. This spot does get rather loud and lively and there is a not a really good separation between the pub and the dining area.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Sorry to hear. This spot does get rather loud and lively and there is a not a really good separation between the pub and the dining area.
    I'm sure F&G or F&W don't help. I don't mind a few drinks here and there, but the World Showcase seems to be a good alternative to a pub crawl.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh. I like to have a pint now and then at the Rose and Crown myself, but I agree it gets too loud in there sometimes. I was there March 16th (the day before St. Patrick's Day) and there were a couple of guys yelling out comments at the top of their lungs while drinking their green beer. All I could do was mentally wish them a royal hangover for the next day.

Ironically, the pubs we've been to in the UK were never that loud, even late into the evening. The bar tenders would not allow it and the locals just don't get carried away as much as American tourists do when they drink.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

We have seen in the last few years an increase in drunkenness during F&W and F&G from late Friday afternoons until early Sunday evenings. Last year we took our granddaughter to WDW for her 16th birthday. It was an educational experience for her as she saw a woman falling down drunk at 2 in the afternoon, a bride's bachelorette party ing in the bushes and a creepy 50 year old man in a Hawaiian shirt, with a potbelly and mullet try to hit on her. She still talks about it and how, "I don't ever want that to be me". We now avoid Epcot during those times. Sad.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: