Quantcast Great Vegetarian Food Experiences

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Vegetarian Food Experiences

My husband and I just returned from a fantastic Disney trip. We had such a blast and had such incredible food! We're both vegetarians and were so pleased with our experiences.

The first night we arrived we ate at Sanaa. We had the bread service which was unbelievable! I wish I had more of it right now. The garlic-pickle accompaniment was devine. I had the vegetarian platter with the Goan curry chickpeas from the Vegan menu and the Paneer from the regular menu. My husband had the lentils from the regular menu and Goan curry from the Vegan menu. It was lovely but I had eaten so much bread I didn't truly save enough room. lol!

The next day we made an impromptu decision to go to the Polynesian and try Ohana's. We'd never been over to the resort and decided we'll try and save to stay there next time. It was so lush. Ohana's accommodated our vegetarian needs with no problem. To start we had the pineapple bread, the salad with the passion fruit dressing, an appetizer of pita bread and wonton crisps with a sundried tomato spread and a hummus and we both eat seafood occasionally so we had the grilled shrimp skewers, too. Then for entrees they brought us the stir fried vegetables and noodles along with a seperate dish of veggies and tofu in an amazing pomegranate-terikyaki sauce. It was heavenly. The bread pudding dessert topped it all off - one of the best desserts ever!

In Epcot, we ate a Napoli's. Their pizza is truly like Italy's. Yum! We also tried the nannwich from Urban Eats and the falafals from the Moroccan festival food stand. We snacked a lot that day with chocolate mousse from France, the Violet Lemonande (Awesome!), popcorn and ice cream, too.

The whole trip was food heaven! Thanks Disney!

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    87, 88 – Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00, 02 – Fort Wilderness Homes/Cabins
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    13 - DL/California Adventure
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad it worked out so well for you. It definitely sounds like they were able to accommodate your needs.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

....good info regarding the"dreaded" affliction known as vegetarianism (as I refer to it regarding my youngest daughter).

[she'll only eat linguini with clams & white clam sauce on Christmas Eve....as her non-vegetarian experience]

She's not only vegetarian ....she's PICKY VEGETARIAN!! (she'd eat pasta 24/7 ...)

....ANY IDEAS regarding SOMETHING she'll eat and enjoy ....are greatly appreciated
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDad View Post
    ....good info regarding the"dreaded" affliction known as vegetarianism (as I refer to it regarding my youngest daughter).

[she'll only eat linguini with clams & white clam sauce on Christmas Eve....as her non-vegetarian experience]

She's not only vegetarian ....she's PICKY VEGETARIAN!! (she'd eat pasta 24/7 ...)

....ANY IDEAS regarding SOMETHING she'll eat and enjoy ....are greatly appreciated
    The pizza at Napoli in Italy was fantastic. I've seen pictures from Tutto Italia (I think it's called?) in Epcot of their pasta and it looks pretty great too! I think the Magic Kingdom has various quick service places that offer Black Bean Burgers. Be Our Guest has a quinoa salad or a vegetable quiche (if she eats egg). There's also a potato leek soup that's vegetarian.

If she's just into pasta and sauce - most places will have that at least on a kids menu that she could order if nothing else looks good to her.

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I have been a vegetarian for nearly 20 years and have only tried actually saying so in a restaurant there once. Mama Melrose. The waiter pointed out something on the menu I could eat. Which is what I usually do anyway. That offers very limited experiences. I also tried making a special request with my online reservations, but received and email back telling me that I did not need to note that, there is usually at least one thing on the menu vegetarian. So when you say they accommodated your vegetarian needs, do you mean there were things you could eat, or something was made special for you? I ask because there are places I would like to eat, but nothing on the menu works for me. And while I seriously love Caesar salad, I do get tired of them after 10 days.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a vegetarian, but frequently choose vegetarian options at WDW. The Ratatouille at BOG is something I would have never considered when I was younger (grew up in a conservative food house), but it was truly divine. My DD loved it too! (17 at the time). Also, love the grilled veggie sandwiches available at multiple CS locations- got one at the Studios that was chilled (not so enjoyable). AK has a lot of interesting choices, but you need to be adventurous!
    May'98-WL
    Sept'01-POFQ
    Oct'03-ASM
    Aug'04-CBR & Charley
    Dec'05- WL-Joined DVC
    June'06- DL's Grand Californian
    Nov '06 SSR
    Oct '07 SSR with extended family
    Oct '08 Disney Wonder/OKW
    Nov '09 AKV @ Kidani
    Nov '10 Kidani
    Nov '11 VWL
    May-June 13 Kidani
    Feb-March '14 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DNS View Post
    I have been a vegetarian for nearly 20 years and have only tried actually saying so in a restaurant there once. Mama Melrose. The waiter pointed out something on the menu I could eat. Which is what I usually do anyway. That offers very limited experiences. I also tried making a special request with my online reservations, but received and email back telling me that I did not need to note that, there is usually at least one thing on the menu vegetarian. So when you say they accommodated your vegetarian needs, do you mean there were things you could eat, or something was made special for you? I ask because there are places I would like to eat, but nothing on the menu works for me. And while I seriously love Caesar salad, I do get tired of them after 10 days.
    Depends on the restaurant.

At Sanna, there is a vegetarian option on the menu. But if you ask for it - there's a seperate vegan menu with more options.

At O' Hana - the menu doesn't mention anything about a tofu/veggie option. It mentions all the beef, etc skewers and whatnot. When we walked in, we told our waitress we were both vegetarian and she said no problem. She said she would let the chef know and asked if we'd like the veggie/tofu entree as well as the noodle and veggie stir fry. They also brought an appetizer not on the menu (the normal one is dumplings I think with meat). She brought a tray of pita and wonton crisps with 3 different dips.

So it's pays to ask I guess. Seems like a lot of vegan options are available and unadvertised on menus, too.

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

That is very interesting. I will start asking at every restaurant then. I am good with most meatless dishes (other than spicy), but after Mama Melrose, I just didn't think there was a point to asking.
    Thanks a lot, LittleSpirit02!

Post Thanks / Like

Great report! I am a vegetarian as is my whole family. We did the same thing at Ohana and got the veggie stir fry bowls, very yummy! We often go to the Sushi bar at the Polynesian for dinner as well, fresh rolled!

I find most of the restaurants at AKL have wonderful vegetarian options. Sanaa and Boma have a plethora of vegetarian dishes, all delicious.

We love getting appetizers and cocktails as Wave at the Contemporary as well. The pretzel sticks and flatbreads are delicious.

We seem to always find something, avoiding the heavy meat restaurants and steakhouse of course! Disney will always accommodate
    #rundisney

Marathon Weekend Half Marathon: 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015

Next Trip: Wine and Dine Half Marathon-November 2015 (trip 24)

Post Thanks / Like

We liked the pizza at Via Napoli too. For years WDW had only lousy pizza.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: