Quantcast September Weather

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default September Weather

I am thinking about taking a short trip the third week in September. Never have been in September but I am a little worried about the rain fall. It is double the amount that we usually have in Oct. For people who have gone in Late Sept what has your experience been. I hate walking around being wet all day, especially my feet.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hot. Hot. Hot. Humid. Rainy. That was my experience when I went both the last week of September as well as the first week of October. I won't go back in September ever again. It was worse than August.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

In 7 late September trips, only one was truly wet - daily precip for more than a couple hours per day. All were hot and humid -- 90's with 75+ percent humidity. Coming off PA summers, they were not THAT bad. Had more hassles with the love bugs all over the place.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

As Natalie said, hot and humid is definitely the case. However, September is too early for cold fronts to start moving in. They can do so on rare occasions, and it sounds like maybe Natalie experienced one of those rare years, but usually the September rain is a continuation from July and August - torrential afternoon thunderstorms that don't last too long but are definitely intense for an hour or so. There's also the potential for tropical storms that drop a ton of rain and September is peak time. But, unless some kind of tropical system moves through (and the chances are there, but still pretty low) you won't have to worry about an all day rain. Those kinds of fronts generally don't hit central and southern Florida until November and later.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Not too worried about the hot....we had 95 degrees all last week and it was OK.....humid I'm used to living in NJ. All summer is humid here. As long as we can avoid all day rain I think we will be OK.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't get all day rain, just rain every day. Sometimes the storms hung around for several hours.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Last week of Sept/ First week of Oct trip of 2014 - 12 days
    1 day - rained from morning until afternoon. Cleared up around dinner time
    2 days - rain started at lunchtime but cleared up by dinner time
    4-5 days - Brief afternoon shower (maybe an hour)
    It was humid, but we didn't notice it being any worse than WI in the summertime. We bounced from attraction with AC to attraction with AC. I didn't record temps, but I would estimate daytime temps were mid 80s to low 90s and nighttime temps were mid to high 70s.
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like lots of rain.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

malt Guest

I normally avoid Sept, been a couple of times at that time and although it wasn't super wet, there were enough showers to make it a bit of a pain. However, that was early Sept, I normally go in Oct and its been fine a majority of the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Summer is pretty much a shower a day. It doesn't usually last long. We had one day in June that we just couldn't make it back into the park because of all the lightening. I think September will be pretty much like summer. We have also went in October and there was one day that I remember that we got soaked. My advice is to plan for rain and bring a poncho to get you to a good place to sit it out. I am going to have a plan in every park. An example: Ellen's Energy Adventure is really long....the rain would probably be over by then. But, if not...there's innoventions (hopefully).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Hot. Hot. Hot. Humid. Rainy. That was my experience when I went both the last week of September as well as the first week of October. I won't go back in September ever again. It was worse than August.
    I agree! The last time we went this week was Epcot's 30th anniversary - it was SOOOOO boiling hot and humid! We hid in La Cava De Tequila one afternoon for like 3 hours!!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: