Quantcast "Andy's Coming!"

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Andy's Coming!"

OK, so I have a friend who is going to WDW for the first time in June with his parents and his daughter (age 12). He's so excited. But he heard somewhere the rumor that if you yell "Andy's Coming!" when you're around Toy Story characters that they'll drop and not move. I'm trying to talk him out of this. But he's the kind of guy I could totally see trying it out. Help me out here.

What is the scenario that plays out if he yells it?

1. They actually do that and nothing happens to him.

2. A CM asks him to stop and potentially embarrasses him.

3. People ignore him, including the characters and CM's, and life goes on as normal and people just think he's loud and goofy.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

I have heard that they don't do anything and I have also heard that the handler will simply reply "Andy's at college!!"
    ºoº Josette ºoº
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Post Thanks / Like

They did that for a while early on but it got out of hand (people will abuse anything) so they don't do it any more.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    They did that for a while early on but it got out of hand (people will abuse anything) so they don't do it any more.
    ^^This

They stopped doing it because it got to where people were yelling it constantly.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

We were there a few weeks ago and there were a lot of people near the character area yelling "Andy's coming". Non stop. The characters did nothing. They still kept it up.

Seriously, do folks think that the characters are just going to lie on the ground all day at a meet n greet?? *sheesh*
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

The characters will not do anything. If the person keeps it up, the response from the attendants usually is "Andy's in college"
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

We were just there for Spring Break and one of my DS friends were taking a pic with a toy soldier and she said after the pic "Andy's coming!!" and the toy soldier just pointed at her to walk away. You could tell he was just playing out the part. He wasn’t really mad at her. We all thought it was funny, but they don't drop to the floor anymore. Imagine if hundreds of people yelled that in a day..lol I think at some point during the day they should have a cast member yell it (or someone) and let the kids see it really happen, but not every time someone yells it.. Once my nephew yelled it and the toy soldier made him do pushups.

I don’t think people abused it, but I think it just got around and kids (and adults) wanted to see if it were true
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

A Pinterest curse. There are so many of those pins about Disneyland and WDW secrets and sadly many of them are no longer available... I still see people pinning that you can ask to ride in front of the monorail.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

It happened *once* - at Disneyland - and the photo went viral and it became an "urban legend".

It'll never happen.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    It happened *once* - at Disneyland - and the photo went viral and it became an "urban legend".

It'll never happen.
    I was just going to say this. It literally happened ONE time. Just one. It is borderline ridiculous how things that go viral can become an annoying thing that goes on and on for YEARS. I feel really bad for the CMs that have to dress as those characters. Must be so annoying.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie04 View Post
    Once my nephew yelled it and the toy soldier made him do pushups.
    On our trip in January, my nephew (14) saw one of the green army men standing there, and thought he was a statue (first time visitor). He went up close to it, and flicked his helmet. Then I think he realized it wasn't a statue, and he started to walk away. Then the army man "came to life", grabbed him by the shoulder and turned him around. We told our nephew to apologize as the Army guy sat there with his arms folded, tapping his foot. After a minute, the Army man pointed to the ground and demanded push ups, which my nephew did.

We all got a good laugh out of it, but my sister says her son is still traumatized that he had to do push ups in the middle of DHS.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: