Quantcast Selling my house

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Selling my house

My house went on the market today! I already have 4 showings scheduled for tomorrow! Part of me wants the house to sell quick so that we wont have to live in a museum for too long. The rest of me is saddened by losing this family home. It is all just so bittersweet.

Any words of wisdom?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Buckle in!!! Selling our "starter" home and buying a little larger home in 2007 brought me to tears on more than one occasion, and had me living at my mother's for 4 months with my husband and two kids, and our life in storage.
    Oh, good times!!!

It did all work out, and we made some good memories in the process, and my kids and mom really got to know each other, and that has been a blessing!!!

Good luck!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping it sells quickly and for a good price. We haven't done that since The Hubs started with the company he's currently with back in June of 2000. I remember the museum feeling, hard to do with four kids (10,10,5,3) and The Hubs already in the new town 4hrs away.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

We're getting our current home ready right now. The last time we did this was back in 2007. That home sold within a couple of months. I'm not so hopeful this time. Fortunately, we live in a high-demand neighborhood, but the competition is STIFF and the final phases (read: brand new homes) are being completed now. I'm determined to not stress about this. However, I'm not thrilled with the museum living, as you say. THAT is my least favorite part of selling.

One tip I can offer is to keep several empty laundry basket around. Preferably one for each room or possibly one per two rooms. If you get a call for an unplanned showing, you can use the baskets to quickly tidy a room by tossing items in them.

I think my biggest challenge was cooking odors. How do you plan for that other than not eating at home? That was not an option for us then neither will it be one now. At minimum, commit to not cooking microwave popcorn. Wouldn't you know, the one time I gave in, we got a call for a showing about 2 minutes after I removed the burnt popcorn from the microwave. That couple did not buy the home.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

My only suggestion is to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies or whatever your favorite cookie is, scoop it out, freeze them. When you get a call you can grab a couple and toss them in the oven to bake while you do any last minute cleaning, take them out pop on a paper plate, quickly clean the pan and the house smells delicious when the potential buyers walk in.

Post Thanks / Like

Fresh starts are so exciting. Enjoy the ride!

I have slowly started emptying my house the last two years. We still have at least 5 years to go but when we are ready to go I want to be able to travel light without rushing around trying to decide what comes with us and what doesn't.

We have only sold one home since we have been married. I'm not the sentimental type so I was excited for the move, especially since we were building a new home from the ground up.

When we are ready to sell this home the only thing I think I will be sad about is leaving our pets behind. I do plan on telling the new owners where they are buried.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

My house went on the market March 30 and within 24 hours we had 3 showing, 2 offers, 2 more scheduled showings, and we put the house under contract. We close tomorrow. It can happen very quickly. That's about all the wisdom I have.

Good luck! Selling, moving, etc. is stressful. Pixie dust your way!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Fresh starts are so exciting. Enjoy the ride!

I have slowly started emptying my house the last two years. We still have at least 5 years to go but when we are ready to go I want to be able to travel light without rushing around trying to decide what comes with us and what doesn't.

We have only sold one home since we have been married. I'm not the sentimental type so I was excited for the move, especially since we were building a new home from the ground up.

When we are ready to sell this home the only thing I think I will be sad about is leaving our pets behind. I do plan on telling the new owners where they are buried.
    I had been clearing out our home for a couple years before this move because we had this move planned and I still had things I decided not to take and more I decided not to keep when I unpacked them.

I am not the sentimental type either. I HATE clutter. Absolutely hate it. I am the anti-hoarder and I was still in awe at the things I was keeping.

Post Thanks / Like

You are sooo lucky. We have been on the market for a month, 25 showings.....no offers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j2k View Post
    I had been clearing out our home for a couple years before this move because we had this move planned and I still had things I decided not to take and more I decided not to keep when I unpacked them.

I am not the sentimental type either. I HATE clutter. Absolutely hate it. I am the anti-hoarder and I was still in awe at the things I was keeping.

I think we may be twins.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disney obsessed View Post
    You are sooo lucky. We have been on the market for a month, 25 showings.....no offers.
    I have several realtor friends that will tell you to bury a statue of St. Joseph head first, facing the direction you are moving - weird, I know, but the friends that did it were not Catholic and were desperate with their houses on the market over 60 days with will over a hundred showings and no offers. All got solid offers with in two weeks after burying the statue.

Weird, I know...

Good luck with your house - it is apparently buying and selling season where I live in Eastern NC...houses are going fast. Hope that happens where you are.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disney obsessed View Post

Any offers yet?
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: