Quantcast Downton Abbey, Series 6--The Final Seaon

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Downton Abbey, Series 6--The Final Seaon

That's what's been announced. It makes sense in some ways, since many of the regular actors would be at the end of their second 3-year contract and some would probably have opted not to renew. But I also could have totally seen it going on for three more years, with the next generation coming of age at DA. Thoughts?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't know what to do with my Sunday nights from January to March now!

It has started to feel, especially the last 2 seasons, that the time was coming to wrap it up. I think it would be neat for them to do some Christmas specials every few years if the actors could agree to it, just so we can catch up and take a look into what the Crawleys are up to now and then. A WWII season would be very interesting. And maybe some day in 10 years we will have a new series that focuses on George, Sibbie, and Marigold's children called Crawley Kids and follow them around Kardashian-style and chronicle their wild teenage exploits in the 60's

I will definitely relish this last season, though. It's been a fantastic show, and I really enjoy dissecting each episode here with you all on Intercot!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    A WWII season would be very interesting.
    That could be interesting, especially as George would be of fighting age. But, Jullian Fellows I believe has gone on record that he doesn't want to, or won't take DA into WWII. Part of the problem is that you'd have a lot of difficulty explaining why certain characters were still around, much less alive.

Essentially I think the show needs a total reboot or it needs to end gracefully and on a high note. Its lavish production which is done so well tends to help us overlook the fact that many of the stories are becoming redundant (Thomas) or unending (Anna-Bates). Knowing that this is the last season going into it, hopefully means for a very well written season.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to miss it dearly. It's the reason I've come to enjoy British television. I'm not sure I'll have the same sense of remorse that I had when LOST wrapped up, but it will definitely be in my top 5 all time favorites.

I'm currently re-watching from the beginning. I'm so surprised by how much I didn't pick up on through the series. I'm also surprised by how emotionally attached I've become to characters when I know better, i.e. Sybil and Matthew. I think that says a lot about the quality of acting.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    That could be interesting, especially as George would be of fighting age. But, Jullian Fellows I believe has gone on record that he doesn't want to, or won't take DA into WWII. Part of the problem is that you'd have a lot of difficulty explaining why certain characters were still around, much less alive.
    Apparently there is talk about a making a movie and I can see them including the WWII years (since historical films usually need some pivotal event to focus on). Characters could more easily be killed off/relocated in a movie than a television series (although I wouldn't really want to see that happen).
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Apparently there is talk about a making a movie and I can see them including the WWII years (since historical films usually need some pivotal event to focus on). Characters could more easily be killed off/relocated in a movie than a television series (although I wouldn't really want to see that happen).
    Possibly, but show creator Julian Fellowes already wrote one movie, Gosford Park, that takes place in 1932. Just my opinion but I don't see him going to the well a 3rd time. Then again, money talks and anything can happen.

Because they know the end is coming in advance of the season, I'm hoping they can write the season such that it ties up all the loose ends and gives us a fond farewell.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: