Quantcast Surviving Summer crowds

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Surviving Summer crowds

This will be our first visit to Universal Studios at the end of June 2015 (week leading to 4th of July). For those that have gone during the height of the summer crowds - how bad is it? We will be staying on site so plan on being at the turnstiles 45 minutes before EPA and then leaving around lunchtime or a little after. Depending on our energy level - we might go back around 8pm (parks are open until 10pm). We are spoiled with having been able to go in Spring or Fall when the crowds and weather are really nice. Thanks for any insight for those that have been during this time frame!!
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just went during spring break. If you are staying on site at a Deluxe resort, you pretty much have it made.

4 of us were at Portofino Bay a week ago and while crowds were high, we didn't wait for more than 10 minutes for anything with express pass.

Only exception were the two harry potter attractions in both parks which we opted for single rider on. Even in those cases, we didn't wait more than 10-15 minutes.

Longest wait of the trip was traveling by Hogwarts express from IOA to the Studios at park closing of IOA. We probably stood in line 20ish minutes there. Looked longer but moved super quick. Other times, ride wait was 10-15 minutes max.

Incredibly relaxing trip overall thanks to Universal Express.

Like you we did opt the one day (after doing some water rides) to go back to the hotel, swim a bit and then head back in the evening for dinner and the parks.

I also really enjoyed the end of night show at the Studios celebrating 100 years of movies. Lots of great scenes, good narration and fireworks. Watched that from the San Francisco wharf area.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been to UO in the middle of the summer in years, but we did go last year in May when it pretty hot out and the crowds were moderate-to-busy. I think the key is to get there early and do the Harry Potter stuff as early as possible. Nothing worse than long lines when it's hot out! With the Express Pass you can knock out the other attractions as quickly as you want and stay out of the sun in the process.

We were just there a week ago and the wait times for Forbidden Journey were 10 minutes right after early opening (for resort guests) and for Gringotts it jumped to 30 and then 60 minutes pretty quickly (regular line). Single rider line never more than 30 minutes for us. Hogwarts Express going from Universal Studios to IOA the lines were generally shorter than going the opposite way, for some reason. But we never waited longer than 30 minutes.

I am not a huge fan of going back to the hotel in the middle of the day and then heading back to the parks later on. I would much rather do all the stuff I want to do, then catch an early supper at City Walk on the way back to the resort. That way I can relax and cool off by the pool with a drink in the evening. I have made an exception a few times so that we could see the Mardi Gras parade and the Cinematic Spectacular. We usually always save the water rides for the end of the day on the last day.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

We have visited WDW in July for the last 2 years. I wont lie - it gets HOT. I am from Alabama so we are more acclimated but it is still HOT.

That being said, it is not unbearable and the crowds were not terrible. Just remember to take breaks, stay hydrated and stop and go inside when you feel overheated. We always try to walk through shops and shaded paths on our way to different areas of the parks.

You can expect rain every afternoon for at least an hour. Most people leave the park at this time. I recommend not leaving. Go inside and do some shopping. Once the rain stops, the park has cooled off and it is very easy to walk on to the rides.
    May 2019 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    May 2015 - Disney Cruise Line - Fantasy
    July 2014 - PO Riverside Royal Guest
    July 2013 - Polynesian
    Sepy 2000 & Mar 2012 - PO French Quarter
    May 2010 & Aug 2016- POP Century
    Aug 2007 - PO Riverside AB
    Aug 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2008 - Wilderness Lodge

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: