Quantcast Room Only Payment Policy Changes??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Room Only Payment Policy Changes??

Just wondering....has WDW changed their policy for payment deadlines for Room Only resort bookings? My DD booked a trip with a room only discount for her and 3 friends for May of this year. She had to pay it off in full by March 24th. I always thought you paid one night in full and the balance upon arrival. I never have had to pay in full for a ROOM ONLY ressie, only for packages.

Is this something new? Just thought it was strange.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

She better call back and make sure it is a room only! They have a sneaky way of turning those into a package by adding some random vouchers but then you are under package payment and cancellation rules. She should only have to pay the deposit of one night. They usually make that due within 7days of booking.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

She didn't add a dining plan, did she?
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

She forwarded me the email. It states is is a "Basic Package" which I assume is because it was tied to a pin code offer that was under both her name and my name. It includes a free round of mini golf and WDTC Magical Extras (but doesn't state what those extras are exactly).

I guess that explains it, because they bought their tickets separately through one of the places I have used in the past and already entered their ticket numbers to be tied to their magic bands.

I have never seen a basic package offer before without tickets and/or dinning.

I had just told her that each of the girls could pay their portion upon arrival but then she ended up having to pay it off early, so they just paid her since she made the ressie and put it on her on credit card.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

In Disney parlance a basic package includes room, coupons and luggage tags. It doesn't include tickets or dining plans. It has the same payment rules as any other package.

If the pin indicated that it must be used for a package through WDT then they would apply the lowest package which is what they call basic.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    In Disney parlance a basic package includes room, coupons and luggage tags. It doesn't include tickets or dining plans. It has the same payment rules as any other package.

If the pin indicated that it must be used for a package through WDT then they would apply the lowest package which is what they call basic.
    I generally agree with the above. To be specific, it sounds like your DD reserved her stay thought WDTC and not CRO. Granted, both are reached through the same phone number, but the payment, change, and fee policies are different. Sometimes a given discount is available via either the WDTC or CRO (Central Reservations Office) method, just with a different code. Or, sometimes and offer might only be available through one of those methods.

And yes, Disney will, and does, sell a "package," via WDTC, that doesn't include any park tickets or dining plan.

To me, it is just a little quirk of how WDW has worked for the past decade or so.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: